PDA

View Full Version : what do you think are the Russians intentions?

l921428x
03-01-2014, 04:53 AM
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=287_1393605865

Seems they are moving combat troops in from a number of directions.
From what I can gleam as many as 2,000 so far.
Transport plane, helicopter and their fleet at harbor.
I understand the Crimea region is still very Russian, ethnically, but I doubt these people were in danger (Granada) from other things going on in the region.
Obamas "wait until after the election" comment to the Russian president kinda comes to mind, where as he would be more flexible.

I myself think they are making a move. No one to push back, Europe tied itself to the Russians when they started buying their natural gas from them and on a couple of instances have had minor "disruptions". Setting the stage for other "minor" disruptions.

ltorlo64
03-01-2014, 08:04 AM
I believe the Russians do not want any sort of democracy close to them to show their citizens what freedom can mean. To prevent this, invading the countries that are leaning towards democracy under the guise of protecting their citizens will be the response.

Schuetzenman
03-01-2014, 09:25 AM
I think Putin wants to put the Soviet Union back together. This is step one.

Altarboy
03-01-2014, 09:54 AM
I think Putin want to put the Soviet Union back together. This is step one.
Yeah, as an old cold war guy, he wants all the Warsaw pact countries back in the fold.

Ruskiegunlover
03-01-2014, 10:18 AM
I'd be nervous as hell if I were poland, lithuania, hungary, bulgaria.....I don't understand why all of them don't form an ANTI-Warsaw pact alliance. The Russians are the new nazis...

Schuetzenman
03-01-2014, 10:28 AM
I'd be nervous as hell if I were poland, lithuania, hungary, bulgaria.....I don't understand why all of them don't form an ANTI-Warsaw pact alliance. The Russians are the new nazis...
Um, aren't they in NATO? Ukraine is not and as such NATO and the US really doesn't have any obligation to do anything for Ukraine. However, if Russia attacks a NATO member nation it will be WWIII finally unfolding.

People like Bob Beckel that constantly screams that tanks are obsolete and we don't need to develop another one, are going to find out how important tanks are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Member_states_of_NATO Yep, checked an all those countries ARE in NATO.

l921428x
03-01-2014, 10:45 AM
I think Putin wants to put the Soviet Union back together. This is step one.

I believe Georgia was step one. Just so they could judge what the response would be. To me it is just like the democrats, baby step, baby step, baby step and soon they have walked a mile.
While our .gov keeps people focused on illegals and wedding cakes, Putin is moving with impunity. The radical homosexuals, the radical La Raza, the radical Muslims in Detroit or any other Phaqin
group you want to add.

Pat Garrett
03-01-2014, 10:58 AM
Russi'.s only naval base, the home port of their Black Sea Fleet, is on the Black Sea is in Crimea. If I was Putin, I don't think that I would allow that to be taken away from my country.

It seems to me the obvious solution is partition of Ukraine between the ethnic Russian east and the pro-European west.

No war, and everybody's happy. (Everybody except Putin)

Durangokid
03-01-2014, 11:56 AM
The age old testing of strength among leaders is at play. We are running a "Wind Broke" pony against a Cossack war horse.

Penguin
03-01-2014, 12:11 PM
Um, aren't they in NATO? Ukraine is not and as such NATO and the US really doesn't have any obligation to do anything for Ukraine.

Don't be so sure.
I have been reading in a couple of places that the Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances could drag us into a war with Russia if Russian invades the Ukraine.

Personally I think Obama will wuss out like he has in the past. I suspect that we will have a Neville Chamberlain moment. Things though are starting to look erily similar to the early years before WW2 took off.

Good thing we decided we didn't need more F-22s eh? Good thing the new military budget basicly scraps new weapons systems with the exception of the F-35.

Helen Keller
03-01-2014, 12:20 PM
I dont like this one bit.

l921428x
03-01-2014, 12:23 PM
Is that the one that says we will help defend them if they give the nukes back to Russia? The one brokered during the Clinton admin?

Ruskiegunlover
03-01-2014, 12:45 PM
Wait, wait, wait....You mean you guys suddenly think this president will FOLLOW LAWS like he hasn't before? Any agreements made before by other administrations won't matter to him. Thats a joke. WWIII would require a man with a PENIS to be president. This subhuman would let russia walk right into any nato member....So don't worry about WWIII. Worry about our enslavement. WWIII would at least allow us to die as free men.

Ruskiegunlover
03-01-2014, 01:06 PM
I am just so happy that our leaders resets have brough worldwide peace and prosperity everywhere.....

Phil125
03-01-2014, 01:06 PM
I am not worried at all. Our current government would never do anything serious against Russia.

weevil
03-01-2014, 01:37 PM
WWIII would require a man with a PENIS to be president.

WWII didn't.

It's usually weak vacillating leaders that lead to wars not strong ones who stand their ground.

Peace comes from strength, it's when the wolves perceive weakness that they attack.

The Russians consider Ukraine strategically important to them and since there is no one with the guts or a "penis" to do anything about it, they will do as they damn well please.

The Euros will bleat and whine and do nothing as usual, and Obama will act indignant and make threats but will do absolutely nothing as well.

Putin is no fool, he knows his opposition, and once he shows them for the cowards and weaklings they are he will be emboldened to further his empire.

Schuetzenman
03-01-2014, 02:27 PM
WWII didn't.

It's usually weak vacillating leaders that lead to wars not strong ones who stand their ground.

Peace comes from strength, it's when the wolves perceive weakness that they attack.

The Russians consider Ukraine strategically important to them and since there is no one with the guts or a "penis" to do anything about it, they will do as they damn well please.

The Euros will bleat and whine and do nothing as usual, and Obama will act indignant and make threats but will do absolutely nothing as well.

Putin is no fool, he knows his opposition, and once he shows them for the cowards and weaklings they are he will be emboldened to further his empire.
I can agree with this posts content. Weak leaders and weak nations invite attack. Liberals say "Violence doesn't settle anything". This 100% wrong, Violence solves EVERYTHING! Period!

When you were a kid if a bully picked on you, the teachers wouldn't stop them more than momentarily if they even did that. No it took you standing up for yourself to kick their ass or at least put enough hurt on them that they decided to move along to a softer target. Asking the Nazi's and the Japanese to behave didn't stop them, bombing the living shit out of them did along with the ground forces. Violence, the more extreme and wide sweeping the better for ENDING aggression. Soft gentle measured approaches, worrying about collateral damage, doesn't work for shit. Laying waste to entire square miles of ground does!

We have the technology to do that without resorting to nukes, but nobody running the US gov. has the nads to do it.

Pat Garrett
03-01-2014, 02:47 PM
One of my heroes, General Curtis E. LeMay summed it all up pretty well:

"When war is forced upon you, kill as many of the enemy as you possibly can, just as fast as you possibly can and when you've killed enough of them, they'll quit fighting you."
Curtis E. LeMay

Ruskiegunlover
03-01-2014, 03:01 PM
I was implying that fighting for your country, standing up, and if required going to war requires a man with a penis. Our president doesn't.

Partisan1983
03-01-2014, 03:01 PM
I wonder if Putin plans on annexing the peninsula....

Ruskiegunlover
03-01-2014, 03:51 PM
Why stop there? Who would stop him?

I do wonder if this might stop Russian ammo imports.....

Schuetzenman
03-01-2014, 05:52 PM
Why stop there? Who would stop him?

I do wonder if this might stop Russian ammo imports.....

I can pretty much assure you those are going to come to a screeching halt! Only the permits to import and product already on the water heading for a US port may be allowed in. After that, game over. You've seen the last of Russian Surplus 5.45X39 or new 7.62x39 and all other chamberings unless it gets funneled in through a 3rd neutral party country.

NAPOTS
03-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Well if after this is over Ukraine decides to join NATO, and they switch to .223, they can surplus all of the x39, and, sadly, cut up all of their AKS and import them as kits.

Schuetzenman
03-01-2014, 06:08 PM
Well if after this is over Ukraine decides to join NATO, and they switch to .223, they can surplus all of the x39, and, sadly, cut up all of their AKS and import them as kits.

Nice thought but ... my money is on Putin for the win. As mentioned our ball-less wonder Kenyan poser Prez will do jack and shit to stop Russian aggression.

FunkyPertwee
03-01-2014, 07:16 PM
Ukraine has been supplying Wolf ammo with 7.62x39 the last year or so. I wonder if that will impact ammo prices at all.

Pat Garrett
03-01-2014, 11:24 PM
We can reload. Steel cases are a pain in the ass to reload, but I've reloaded several thousands of them and they work just fine.

And all of the AK guys need an excuse to add an AR to the collection.:eyebrows::

was_peacemaker
03-01-2014, 11:40 PM
It appears its more than a peacekeeping force to protect ethnic Russians in the Ukraine. Check out picture 11 in this slide. It is mobile artillery http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/01/world/europe/ukraine-politics/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Remember their tactics in Grozny? They love them some artillery support.

1 Patriot-of-many
03-01-2014, 11:58 PM
One of my heroes, General Curtis E. LeMay summed it all up pretty well:

"When war is forced upon you, kill as many of the enemy as you possibly can, just as fast as you possibly can and when you've killed enough of them, they'll quit fighting you."
Curtis E. LeMay Mine too. If he'd been allowed to do what he wanted the Soviet Union/Russia wouldn't have existed as a threat since the 40's and North Korea would just be Korea and the Chinese would've had a nice bloody nose.

1 Patriot-of-many
03-02-2014, 12:02 AM
It appears its more than a peacekeeping force to protect ethnic Russians in the Ukraine. Check out picture 11 in this slide. It is mobile artillery http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/01/world/europe/ukraine-politics/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Remember their tactics in Grozny? They love them some artillery support. Leave it to the all enlightened media to not know the difference between a tank and SP artillery.

Penguin
03-02-2014, 12:21 AM
Is that the one that says we will help defend them if they give the nukes back to Russia? The one brokered during the Clinton admin?

That's the one I was refering to.

was_peacemaker
03-02-2014, 12:28 AM
Leave it to the all enlightened media to not know the difference between a tank and SP artillery.

Well....we are talking about the same folks who call bolt action .22s "assault weapons", and believe that AK's have magical powers. :rotflmbao:

was_peacemaker
03-02-2014, 12:30 AM
We can reload. Steel cases are a pain in the ass to reload, but I've reloaded several thousands of them and they work just fine.

And all of the AK guys need an excuse to add an AR to the collection.:eyebrows::

Really?!? I had no idea steel cases could be reloaded. Huh...learn something new everyday.

was_peacemaker
03-02-2014, 12:32 AM
I can pretty much assure you those are going to come to a screeching halt! Only the permits to import and product already on the water heading for a US port may be allowed in. After that, game over. You've seen the last of Russian Surplus 5.45X39 or new 7.62x39 and all other chamberings unless it gets funneled in through a 3rd neutral party country.

If I am not mistaken a lot of the Wolf, Brown Bear, and other Russian ammo comes from various factories in Russia and Eastern Europe. If that did halt...then it would open up an opportunity for someone in eastern Europe to jump on the market. Of course this could be my wishful thinking to.

FunkyPertwee
03-02-2014, 12:47 AM
If I am not mistaken a lot of the Wolf, Brown Bear, and other Russian ammo comes from various factories in Russia and Eastern Europe. If that did halt...then it would open up an opportunity for someone in eastern Europe to jump on the market. Of course this could be my wishful thinking to.

Romania currently exports 5.56 and 7.62x39 to the US.

5.56 under the "hot shot" brand and 7.62x39 under the "Red Army Standard" brand. They must really hate the "Red Army" branding considering how much they hate the Ruskies.

was_peacemaker
03-02-2014, 01:21 AM
Romania currently exports 5.56 and 7.62x39 to the US.

5.56 under the "hot shot" brand and 7.62x39 under the "Red Army Standard" brand. They must really hate the "Red Army" branding considering how much they hate the Ruskies.

Did they change manufacturing arsenals from the Ukraine to Romania recently for "Red Army" ammo? Because on this link it shows its made in the Ukraine. http://www.bulkammo.com/bulk-7-62x39mm-ammo-762x39123grfmjredarmy-20

FunkyPertwee
03-02-2014, 01:31 AM
Did they change manufacturing arsenals from the Ukraine to Romania recently for "Red Army" ammo? Because on this link it shows its made in the Ukraine. http://www.bulkammo.com/bulk-7-62x39mm-ammo-762x39123grfmjredarmy-20

Red Army Standard has Ukraine and Romanian.

http://www.sgammo.com/product/red-army-standard/1080-round-case-762x39-fmj-123-grain-steel-case-non-corrosive-ammunition--0

http://www.sgammo.com/product/red-army-standard/1080-round-case-762x39-fmj-123-grain-steel-case-non-corrosive-ammunition-r

(http://www.sgammo.com/product/red-army-standard/1080-round-case-762x39-fmj-123-grain-steel-case-non-corrosive-ammunition-r)

Also, Wolf has Russian and Ukrainian available.

Actually I just noticed there is some Wolf made by Barnaul. Barnaul makes good ammo usually under the "Bear" brands.

FunkyPertwee
03-02-2014, 02:26 AM
Just found some Bosnian "Red Army Standard".

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=100001631&dir=18|830|852

Schuetzenman
03-02-2014, 09:16 AM

Image not uploading.

Yep Romanian. So this would indicate a corporation sourcing from multiple factories and marketing under one brand name. The Wolf Gold is an example of this as well as it is not made in Russia. Which is why it actually doesn't suck like steel cased Wolf .223 ammo.

l921428x
03-02-2014, 10:19 AM
read the 5th paragraph.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_UKRAINE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-03-02-08-20-56

l921428x
03-02-2014, 10:21 AM
Ammo imports? Hell do you not think this administration will grab this opportunity to stop imports? This is heaven for the gun grabbers.

sevlex
03-02-2014, 10:47 AM
Notice anything unusual about this shot of Russians outside a Ukrainian barracks?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhuK2yfCUAAB6zk.jpg:large

l921428x
03-02-2014, 10:50 AM
you don't know who they are. right?

Schuetzenman
03-02-2014, 10:51 AM
Ammo imports? Hell do you not think this administration will grab this opportunity to stop imports? This is heaven for the gun grabbers.

Yes I think Russian based ammo imports will be shut down ASAP.

FunkyPertwee
03-02-2014, 11:08 AM
Notice anything unusual about this shot of Russians outside a Ukrainian barracks?

They're not drunk?

sevlex
03-02-2014, 11:09 AM
Notice the mags in their rifles?

FunkyPertwee
03-02-2014, 11:19 AM
Notice the mags in their rifles?

I think the Russians get issued loaded mags when its time to fight, as opposed to carrying around empty mags and being issued loose ammo.

El Jefe
03-02-2014, 12:21 PM

Uh, for one thing there appears to be no insignia of any kind on the uniforms.

But whatever, Putin the old cold warrior, has every intention of reassembling the empire. This has been his intention since day one.

He knows Obama and the EU won't go to war on Russia's doorstep over the Ukraine, just as we didn't over Georgia. Hell, Barry couldn't even be bothered to attend the security council meeting over these latest developments. He'll leave all of this up to Lurch and Susan Rice and ignore any criticism that comes his way.

was_peacemaker
03-02-2014, 12:36 PM
Uh, for one thing there appears to be no insignia of any kind on the uniforms.

But whatever, Putin the old cold warrior, has every intention of reassembling the empire. This has been his intention since day one.

He knows Obama and the EU won't go to war on Russia's doorstep over the Ukraine, just as we didn't over Georgia. Hell, Barry couldn't even be bothered to attend the security council meeting over these latest developments. He'll leave all of this up to Lurch and Susan Rice and ignore any criticism that comes his way.

When you say Lurch I am assuming you are talking about John Kerry? If so...he isn't going to do or get squat at any security council. Putin knows how to play Obama and his entire cabinet like a bad joke.

5.56NATO
03-02-2014, 01:41 PM
0bama and the nwo are pissed at Russia for cockblocking them in Syria.
Remember the 7 nations in 5 years deal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha1rEhovONU

They got Lybia and Egypt (partialy, the nwo wanted mobros to run it but the Egyptians said fuck off) and a few other midfdle east nations bowed to the threat "if you don't go along we will send the arab spring to your country too". They are working on Venezuela right now, even though they got rid of Chavez he was replaced with someone just like him and that the nwo will not allow. So the nwo pulled Ukraine off to punish Putin and Putin apparently isn't going to stand idly by and allow the street thug from Chitcago (and nwo) to tweak his nose in front of the entire world. But no matter, you can expect whatever it is that will hurt America and Americans worst is what the 0bamaregime (and nwo) will do.

Pat Garrett
03-02-2014, 09:24 PM
Wesley Clark is a Hillary-loving, Klinton-era douche bag. And a CNN guy.

l921428x
03-03-2014, 08:30 AM
3 am

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014/03/03/Pro-Russian-troops-take-Crimea-terminal-in-Ukraine

samiam
03-03-2014, 11:12 AM
Putin doesn't intend to let others have control of his pipelines

http://burycoal.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/russian-oil-gas-pipeline.png

5.56NATO
03-03-2014, 11:20 AM
There's been at least 10 and usualy more IL76/transport flights per day to AF bases near the Russian border for days, expected cargo is paRusskii paratroopskiis and tanksiis/cannonskiis/booletskiis. This is just getting started.

l921428x
03-03-2014, 02:10 PM
2 pm
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_UKRAINE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-03-03-12-34-01