PDA

View Full Version : Good thing i Sold mine

rci2950
03-01-2014, 06:39 PM
The CZ-858 and Swiss Arms "Classic Green were banned on friday evening. The RCMP facebook page has gone epic with comments about it

https://www.facebook.com/rcmpgrc

not very happy about it.

Edit: You all know i am in Canada, I know you aren't affected but i wanted to share anyway.

l921428x
03-01-2014, 06:59 PM
The RCMP does not look good in pale pink.

FunkyPertwee
03-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Pisses me off brother. Wish I could help.

Too bad you sold it already, because my advice would be to never let it go.

Altarboy
03-01-2014, 07:15 PM
Methinks he was being sarcastic about selling it.

Partisan1983
03-01-2014, 07:17 PM
Why fuckin comply?!?!

l921428x
03-01-2014, 07:30 PM
Ask that of the citizens in Connecticut.

davepool
03-01-2014, 07:33 PM
Banned, as in no future sales, or you have to turn yours in...if you still owned it.

rci2950
03-01-2014, 07:39 PM
Banned, as in no future sales, or you have to turn yours in...if you still owned it.

Have to turn it in. No compensation.

davepool
03-01-2014, 07:46 PM

Wow, that's amazing, i didn't think Canada was that totalitarian. What's the penalty for non-compliance?

Schuetzenman
03-01-2014, 07:47 PM

First I don't see anything about banning weapons on the link, just pink sweat shirts. Second, banning and no compensation ... load of bullshit! Time to burry it out in the wilderness for later.

Ruskiegunlover
03-01-2014, 08:26 PM
Or fight back.

rci2950
03-01-2014, 08:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzfbTGnsAzI

Partisan1983
03-01-2014, 08:32 PM

And this is reason number 10008983, why you fuckin canucks piss us off (here in MI...nothing personal)......fuckin man up!

ltorlo64
03-01-2014, 08:32 PM
Looks like this is not a done deal. Hope your politicians can do to this ban what they did with the long gun registry.

OTTAWA -- The Harper government, which has championed the rights of gun owners for years, is reviewing a decision by the RCMP to effectively ban a previously legal rifle.

The National Firearms Association says the Mounties have reclassified the Swiss Arms Classic Green carbine as a prohibited weapon, essentially banning it.

Alberta Tory MP Chris Warkentin raised the issue in question period Friday, saying the rifles had been legally sold for a decade.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/ottawa-to-review-rcmp-decision-to-prohibit-swiss-arms-rifle-1.1708779#ixzz2ulTggb3A

vit
03-01-2014, 08:42 PM
That's pretty fucked up http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/swiss-arms-classic-green-rifle-ban-to-be-reviewed-by-government-1.2555746

rci2950
03-01-2014, 08:49 PM
That's pretty fucked up http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/swiss-arms-classic-green-rifle-ban-to-be-reviewed-by-government-1.2555746

glad to see the CBC story wasnt militantly against gun owners as they normally are. Their usual approach would be to call all gun owners "baby killers" or something like that.

rci2950
03-01-2014, 08:50 PM
fuckin man up!

and go to jail.

OK

Remember Canadians have no Second amendment to shield us. I go against the Gestapo and i will find myself in lockup for 3 years minimum mandatory sentence.

What else would you suggest? Going rambo with it? That will sure win the hearts and minds of the masses.

All the protesting and political posturing is being done. I just hope it has a happy ending.

Partisan1983
03-01-2014, 08:56 PM
No you fight for what is rightfully yours! Is it really that hard for you to think......that might be the ONLY solution!?

Schuetzenman
03-01-2014, 09:00 PM
I hope it turns out well for you Canadians. But damn if I'd turn in any weapon just because a central Police Agency said to.

FunkyPertwee
03-01-2014, 09:30 PM
Immigrate to the US.

rci2950
03-01-2014, 09:43 PM
Immigrate to the US.

you dont even know how much i wanted to do that over the years and didnt have the means to. Now i have career a house a wife and a child. makes things a lot more difficult to uproot.

FunkyPertwee
03-01-2014, 09:50 PM
you dont even know how much i wanted to do that over the years and didnt have the means to. Now i have career a house a wife and a child. makes things a lot more difficult to uproot.

I understand its not easy to move. Especially since you have a government job.

But you do have to think about what kind of country you want to raise your kid in. My dad brought me up shooting AKs and everything else. Now we shoot together as men. If you want that experience you could have it down here.

rci2950
03-01-2014, 09:53 PM
I understand its not easy to move. Especially since you have a government job.

But you do have to think about what kind of country you want to raise your kid in. My dad brought me up shooting AKs and everything else. Now we shoot together as men. If you want that experience you could have it down here.

you also forget i am white christian. I am not allowed in. Only mexicans and islamic extremists are welcome immigrants since the dems have taken over.

But in all seriousness If i can i will be retiring there.

rci2950
03-01-2014, 09:56 PM
Someone started a petition

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/the-rcmp-abuses-c-68/sign.html#se

FunkyPertwee
03-01-2014, 10:01 PM
My long time buddy since middle school is Canadian. He gets to own guns here and hes not even a citizen. You just need citizenship if you want a carry permit. In SC anyway.

rci2950
03-01-2014, 10:02 PM
My long time buddy since middle school is Canadian. He gets to own guns here and hes not even a citizen. You just need citizenship if you want a carry permit. In SC anyway.

keep tempting me :P

Pat Garrett
03-01-2014, 11:32 PM
Doesn't your parliament have to approve this???

rci2950
03-01-2014, 11:36 PM
Doesn't your parliament have to approve this???

nope because the firearms classification part of the law is done by the RCMP. BUT the conservative politicians are now using it as a way to galvanize supporters. The conservative party has a majority so... this actually may turn out in our benefit.

I have been reading the all the comments on the other "Canadian" forums. One can only hope

1 Patriot-of-many
03-01-2014, 11:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzfbTGnsAzI Unreal. They want to make gun owners who possess a weapon with zero crimes ever Felons with 3 years prison mandatory, but the guy who sawed a kids head off is out in 6 walking around in public. I second the suggestion, we need guys like you to offset the Kadmos's of our country.

1 Patriot-of-many
03-01-2014, 11:45 PM
you also forget i am white christian. I am not allowed in. Only mexicans and islamic extremists are welcome immigrants since the dems have taken over.

But in all seriousness If i can i will be retiring there. Yeah forget that idea. It's true. We're busy trying to deport Christian Germans who homeschool their children while giving Muslims a free pass to plan here and grant amnesty to people who illegally entered this country.

Oswald Bastable
03-02-2014, 12:47 AM
Immigrate to the US.

The way things are trending, there may be a time in the not so distant future where he'd prefer being a Canuk...even with dealing with such bullshit.

FunkyPertwee
03-02-2014, 12:49 AM
The way things are trending, there may be a time in the not so distant future where he'd prefer being a Canuk...even with dealing with such bullshit.

I gave my immigration advice as a citizen of South Carolina. My sheriff gave a public address promising to resist Federal enforcement of any new gun laws in this county.

Schuetzenman
03-02-2014, 08:57 AM
I gave my immigration advice as a citizen of South Carolina. My sheriff gave a public address promising to resist Federal enforcement of any new gun laws in this county.

Good for him.

FunkyPertwee
03-02-2014, 11:16 AM
Whats a good Canadian gun rights group? Yall have anything like the NRA?

If so you need to join up and let us know about it. Some of us may be willing to contribute to a Canadian gun rights org.

rci2950
03-02-2014, 12:40 PM
Whats a good Canadian gun rights group? Yall have anything like the NRA?

If so you need to join up and let us know about it. Some of us may be willing to contribute to a Canadian gun rights org.

The best one is the NFA. It is a Canadian offshoot of the NRA. I have been a member for a decade. I donate as well. They are currently fighting the battle tooth and nail. They are even going to start a class action lawsuit if there is no compensation.

Another update. As of this morning one of the Canadian importers "wolverine Supply" has offered to import stripped "compliant" vz 58 receivers for everyone to make their rifles comply with the ban.

FunkyPertwee
03-02-2014, 12:48 PM
The best one is the NFA. It is a Canadian offshoot of the NRA. I have been a member for a decade. I donate as well. They are currently fighting the battle tooth and nail. They are even going to start a class action lawsuit if there is no compensation.

Another update. As of this morning one of the Canadian importers "wolverine Supply" has offered to import stripped "compliant" vz 58 receivers for everyone to make their rifles comply with the ban.

What would make them compliant?

Single stack mags only?

Why would a class action lawsuit be limited to the lack of compensation?