PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Poly Tech double folder on Gunbroker

imanaknut
03-04-2014, 01:08 PM
Nice looking rifle, and as a long time Chinese collector I like seeing them sell for crazy prices, but there is something potentially wrong with this rifle unless the old rule that with the Chinese AK variants there were no rules.

The "PF" part of the serial number doesn't seem to be correct. The "F" is correct as it stands for underFolding stock, but the "P" usually signified the 416 factory. "C" would signify the 386 factory. To my eyes the letters appear to be a different stamping than the numbers.

HUH?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=397345294

alismith
03-04-2014, 01:57 PM
That's one sweet looking AK. It's too bad Chinese firearms have been banned from import. I prefer those over any AK imported from another country.

s15v8
03-09-2014, 11:17 AM
The 386 stamp doesn't look as clean either, but I might be too picky and doesn't Keng's import marks are usually on the side of the receiver instead of underneath on the magazine well aknut?

imanaknut
03-09-2014, 05:12 PM
The import marks are correct. Keng marked their rifles on the bottom as well as the side of the receiver. The under receiver import marks were as shown in the sold rifle, readable if you stand the rifle on it's stock, as well as marked sideways. Again, with the Keng rifles as well as all Chinese, there were no rules to that, but usually the letters in the serial number were very specific.

I like the Poly Technologies stamp on this rifle, with the very fancy Poly and well marked Technologies. They were also marked with the fancy Poly but Tech instead of the full name, and I have also seen Poly Tech Inc. in very small letters on the left rear of the receiver.