PDA

View Full Version : Anybody buy any smokes or hooch here of late?

El Jefe
03-07-2014, 01:08 PM
Well, have ya? ;)

I got a wild hare this morning and ordered some Partagas smalls, some Epi-#2's and a box of Montecristo #2's.

I'm also in dire need of replenishing my whiskey cabinet. Finished the last of the Balvenie DW last night and don't have any decent rye on hand. Sheesh.

Helen Keller
03-07-2014, 02:36 PM
I woke up this morning and thought about getting some 'shine' .

Sinuses are shot due to weather and welding/machining last few weeks so no smokes of any form.

TEN-32
03-07-2014, 07:52 PM
Just ordered some of the bundled seconds from JRs. I'm poor. :crybaby:

El Jefe
03-07-2014, 08:40 PM
I woke up this morning and thought about getting some 'shine' .

Sinuses are shot due to weather and welding/machining last few weeks so no smokes of any form.

I don't mind decent moonshine, but to be honest I find it kind of boring compared to aged whiskey.

El Jefe
03-07-2014, 08:40 PM
Just ordered some of the bundled seconds from JRs. I'm poor. :crybaby:

Sell the bike. ;)

Durangokid
03-08-2014, 12:30 AM
Jefferson, Have you tried the Woodford Reserve "Double Oak"? Damn that is a good Bourbon. I am a pipe smoker usually pick up some Scotch Whisky flavored tobacco at the Tinder Box in Salt Lake City.

TEN-32
03-08-2014, 01:18 AM
Sell the bike. ;)

Dog yes, wife maybe, Harley never.

CigarGuy
03-08-2014, 09:08 AM
Well, have ya? ;)

I got a wild hare this morning and ordered some Partagas smalls, some Epi-#2's and a box of Montecristo #2's.

I'm also in dire need of replenishing my whiskey cabinet. Finished the last of the Balvenie DW last night and don't have any decent rye on hand. Sheesh.

I remember some rat bastard right here that suggested the first three bottles of bourbon for me to buy, just about a year ago.
Now, 50 bottles later............

TEN-32
03-08-2014, 09:10 AM
50 bottles later............

Underachiever...:coffee:

CigarGuy
03-08-2014, 10:43 AM
Guess I should explain? I haven't drank(drunk?) a bottle a week. About
half are in, uh, storage, just in case.
Dayum! I thought I was going through one a month! Looks like, 2+ per month.
It's my damned daughter. Every time she comes over she wants a pour.
The hooch is just SO tasty!

El Jefe
03-08-2014, 01:32 PM
Jefferson, Have you tried the Woodford Reserve "Double Oak"? Damn that is a good Bourbon. I am a pipe smoker usually pick up some Scotch Whisky flavored tobacco at the Tinder Box in Salt Lake City.

I have not, tho I've heard its good.

El Jefe
03-08-2014, 01:34 PM
Dog yes, wife maybe, Harley never.

:bigsmilebounce:

CigarGuy
03-08-2014, 01:36 PM
Current open bottles, from memory, so it's probably not accurate:
Willett 4 yr Rye
RittenhouseBIB
Thomas G Handy Rye
Stagg Jr
Old Grand Dad 114
Old Weller Antique 107
Weller 12
Old Forrester Birthday Bourbon
And one other one, that I am forgetting.

El Jefe
03-08-2014, 01:38 PM
I remember some rat bastard right here that suggested the first three bottles of bourbon for me to buy, just about a year ago.
Now, 50 bottles later............

Don't be blaming me for your bad habits! ;)

And uh, I hope you're recycling all of that glass.

El Jefe
03-08-2014, 01:43 PM
Current open bottles, from memory, so it's probably not accurate:
Willett 4 yr Rye
RittenhouseBIB
Thomas G Handy Rye
Stagg Jr
Old Grand Dad 114
Old Weller Antique 107
Weller 12
Old Forrester Birthday Bourbon
And one other one, that I am forgetting.

Nice!

Man, living in fumbuck can have its draw backs, 6 of those bottles you listed I've never seen on the shelves here.

CigarGuy
03-08-2014, 01:51 PM
Oh, wifey is a BIG recycler.

CigarGuy
03-08-2014, 01:54 PM
Nice!

Man, living in fumbuck can have its draw backs, 6 of those bottles you listed I've never seen on the shelves here.

The Handy Rye is once a year and I lucked into a bottle.
The Stagg Jr is a couple times a year, allegedly, and I grab a bottle whenever I see it. Think that's been 3X
The Old Forrester BB is 1X a year, and I scrounged 3 bottle of it till next year.
The others, at least for now, I can find in my local stores.

TEN-32
03-08-2014, 03:00 PM
Nice!

Look back in the back...think dust and cobwebs...

El Jefe
03-08-2014, 03:08 PM
Look back in the back...think dust and cobwebs...

We no longer have any old school liquor stores. We have two newer ones and everything else is sold in the grocery stores, which usually have a lot of space committed, but generally only stock higher volume items.

Only International Wine and Liquors has a very impressive selection, but the prices are steep.

El Jefe
03-08-2014, 03:11 PM

Yeah, mine too. I have fun harassing her about being a closet Lib. ;)

Not that recycling is necessarily a liberal endeavor, I just like teasing her.

El Jefe
03-08-2014, 03:12 PM

Yeah, mine too. I have fun harassing her about being a closet Lib. ;)

Not that recycling is necessarily a liberal endeavor, I just like teasing her.

TEN-32
03-08-2014, 03:18 PM
We no longer have any old school liquor stores. We have two newer ones and everything else is sold in the grocery stores, which usually have a lot of space committed, but generally only stock higher volume items.

Only International Wine and Liquors has a very impressive selection, but the prices are steep.
http://www.binnys.com/

El Jefe
03-08-2014, 04:18 PM
http://www.binnys.com/

Dang, I could have dropped a grand there in about 30 seconds. ;)

I'm bookmarking it, might have to place an order here soon.

El Jefe
03-08-2014, 04:19 PM
The Handy Rye is once a year and I lucked into a bottle.
The Stagg Jr is a couple times a year, allegedly, and I grab a bottle whenever I see it. Think that's been 3X
The Old Forrester BB is 1X a year, and I scrounged 3 bottle of it till next year.
The others, at least for now, I can find in my local stores.

CG, have you tried any scotch yet?

CigarGuy
03-08-2014, 04:26 PM
CG, have you tried any scotch yet?

<shaking head> No sir. I mean, if I was offered some and there was no decent AMERICAN whiskey available,
I'd drink it and most likely like it. TOO many choices in bourbon and ryes for me to ever consider Scotch.

El Jefe
03-08-2014, 04:34 PM
<shaking head> No sir. I mean, if I was offered some and there was no decent AMERICAN whiskey available,
I'd drink it and most likely like it. TOO many choices in bourbon and ryes for me to ever consider Scotch.

Racist!

Yeah, our hooch is easier to drink and a better value, but the Scots and Irish produce good juice too.

That said, some of it paint remover! I've never drank bourbon that made me want to gag, but some scotch and Irish whiskeys can be down right horrible!

TEN-32
03-08-2014, 05:01 PM

Stan, get yourself some Laphroaig or Ardbeg. I suspect based on your tendency toward "robust" cigars that you will appreciate a proper Islay single malt. If you find it untenable as our friend Jefferson does :char021:, get a bottle of Mcallan. :cool1:

TEN-32
03-08-2014, 05:40 PM
Dang, I could have dropped a grand there in about 30 seconds. ;)

Yeah, thats how I feel every time I stop in there...to top it off they have a humidor!

El Jefe
03-08-2014, 06:33 PM
Stan, get yourself some Laphroaig or Ardbeg. I suspect based on your tendency toward "robust" cigars that you will appreciate a proper Islay single malt. If you find it untenable as our friend Jefferson does :char021:, get a bottle of Mcallan. :cool1:

Dude! Some of that stuff tastes like a burning tire smells. :wow:

TEN-32
03-08-2014, 06:41 PM
Dude! Some of that stuff tastes like a burning tire smells. :wow:

LOL, just bustin balls...:nutkick:

El Jefe
03-08-2014, 06:55 PM
LOL, just bustin balls...:nutkick:

Years ago we went to a BBQ at a friends house, the usual routine was to sit around smoking and drinking while the women were inside and our host was cooking on the grill. Anyway, another guest, a guy I didn't know, had brought a bottle for everyone to try. It was an Islay scotch and tasted like liquid smoke mixed with pig shit. It put me off scotch for a long time. It literally made my gag reflex kick in. The jerk that brought it thought it was funny when he noticed my reaction. I should've punched him in the throat!

Tomac yokctep
03-08-2014, 06:57 PM
Ah No.

TEN-32
03-08-2014, 07:03 PM
Years ago we went to a BBQ at a friends house, the usual routine was to sit around smoking and drinking while the women were inside and our host was cooking on the grill. Anyway, another guest, a guy I didn't know, had brought a bottle for everyone to try. It was an Islay scotch and tasted like liquid smoke mixed with pig shit. It put me off scotch for a long time. It literally made my gag reflex kick in. The jerk that brought it thought it was funny when he noticed my reaction. I should've punched him in the throat!

:punch1::yeah:

El Jefe
03-08-2014, 07:34 PM
Ah No.

Best get crackin then! :)

El Jefe
03-08-2014, 07:39 PM
:punch1::yeah:

It was truly horrible.

If it was less expensive I could see something like Glenmorangi or Balvenie being a daily pour, but at 40 to 50 bucks per bottle its a bit too costly. So, they're just a change of pace selection.

TEN-32
03-09-2014, 08:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjxsxu3EQVw

CigarGuy
03-09-2014, 08:37 AM
I remember YEARS ago having an Islay and, of course, liking the smokiness.
However, as stated, too many bourbons/ryes to try before I die.

El Jefe
03-15-2014, 11:26 AM
I think this evening I'll break into this bottle of Angels Envy. I'm planing on pairing it with a Behike-54. I suppose this will make my upper most, top drawer pairing to date.

Film at 11:00 ;)

TEN-32
03-15-2014, 11:44 AM
I think this evening I'll break into this bottle of Angels Envy. I'm planing on pairing it with a Behike-54. I suppose this will make my upper most, top drawer pairing to date.

Film at 11:00 ;)

Oh man. I'm jealous!!! Thats a nice damn evening right there.

CigarGuy
03-15-2014, 11:47 AM
Funny. Told wifey I'd bring home fish tacos for dinner. My fav seafood place, where we have our cigar dinners a lot, has pretty
good ones. SO, the plan is, when I leave here, to go there and order take away. WHILE WAITING, pony up to the bar a get a double,
neat, err..........UP, of Angel's Envy, their premium pour there.

El Jefe
03-15-2014, 11:53 AM
Funny. Told wifey I'd bring home fish tacos for dinner. My fav seafood place, where we have our cigar dinners a lot, has pretty
good ones. SO, the plan is, when I leave here, to go there and order take away. WHILE WAITING, pony up to the bar a get a double,
neat, err..........UP, of Angel's Envy, their premium pour there.

So a seafood joint has that at their bar? Thats pretty impressive.

El Jefe
03-15-2014, 11:55 AM
Oh man. I'm jealous!!! Thats a nice damn evening right there.

Yeah, it'd be hard to top I think. Maybe a Monte #2 with some Pappy Van Winkle?

TEN-32
03-15-2014, 12:42 PM
Yeah, it'd be hard to top I think. Maybe a Monte #2 with some Pappy Van Winkle?

Behike with the Pappy. Done.

El Jefe
03-15-2014, 01:16 PM
Behike with the Pappy. Done.

Hard to argue with. of course you've got to find a source for the Pappy's, then you have to pay for it. :ignore:

CigarGuy
03-15-2014, 01:30 PM
So a seafood joint has that at their bar? Thats pretty impressive.

$12 for a double, neat. Think it's $8 for a single, and you know me and value.........;)

El Jefe
03-16-2014, 09:39 AM
$12 for a double, neat. Think it's $8 for a single, and you know me and value.........;)

...and there's an example of why I drink my own hooch at home. :)

CigarGuy
03-16-2014, 09:44 AM
...and there's an example of why I drink my own hooch at home. :)

Yeah. Figure 4 visits and I've bought the damned bottle.

El Jefe
03-16-2014, 11:03 AM
Yeah. Figure 4 visits and I've bought the damned bottle.

Exactly. They best have some good looking bar maids. ;)

El Jefe
04-08-2014, 07:03 PM

Damn, Durango, I looked at the Double Oak today and they had it marked at $55.00! :dizzy:

stevelyn
04-13-2014, 11:35 PM
Got an order of two Ramon Bueso boxes, one each of Genesis the Project and Odessy as well as a new treasure chest to lodge them in floating around out there somewhere. Probably buried under a pile at the local airline in Cold Bay. There's also a box of Punch Bareknuckle inbound behind it.

I'm on call and carrying a gun too often to enjoy a drink.

CigarGuy
04-14-2014, 02:50 PM
Hope all is well, Steve?!

stevelyn
04-14-2014, 09:56 PM
Hope all is well, Steve?!

Everything's fine. Just a little short-handed and working 12s with just two of us for a few days.

Thanks for asking.

stevelyn
04-14-2014, 10:02 PM
Delete.

El Jefe
04-14-2014, 10:59 PM
Everything's fine. Just a little short-handed and working 12s with just two of us for a few days.

Thanks for asking.

Life is taxing on the frontier, bro. Keep up the good work. :anim_beer-1:

NAPOTS
04-14-2014, 11:21 PM
I need to buy some smokes, I'm running low but I did buy a bottle of johnny walker black to replace the one that mysteriously evaporated.

stevelyn
04-14-2014, 11:45 PM
Life is taxing on the frontier, bro. Keep up the good work. :anim_beer-1:

Yes sometimes it is, but I can't think of any place I'd rather be.

El Jefe
04-15-2014, 12:54 AM
Yes sometimes it is, but I can't think of any place I'd rather be.

:anim_beer-1::anim_beer-1::anim_beer-1::anim_beer-1:

Viking350
04-15-2014, 06:40 PM
Hey El Jefe,

You ever hear of this place?

El Jefe
04-15-2014, 07:24 PM
Hey El Jefe,

You ever hear of this place?

No, I have not, Vik. I'll look into it., thanks. :)