PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Smokin'?

TEN-32
03-11-2014, 07:16 PM
Don't tell me you guys all quit smoking!?!?! I'm burning a RyJ 1875 Mangnum. Nice smoke.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c286/mrbigirish/20140311_175439_zps1uiifjsf.jpg

CigarGuy
03-12-2014, 06:37 AM
Wed night is my "night" on the back porch with a smoke and a pour.
Update to follow......

CigarGuy
03-12-2014, 07:04 PM
Update.
CAO Flathead with some single barrel Old Wellar Antique 107 from a friend.

TEN-32
03-12-2014, 09:05 PM
Niiiiiiiiiice

ready
03-12-2014, 11:38 PM
Not tonight but I have been getting much better at picking smokes. I like about 90% of what I buy up from about 50.

I had some "my uzi weighs a ton", a couple arturo fuentes and 2 ghurkas.

Only one I'm disappointed with is the ghurka ninja. Not the taste, it just wont stay lit. I thought the ghurka professional was excellent though.

TEN-32
03-13-2014, 03:11 AM
Not tonight but I have been getting much better at picking smokes. I like about 90% of what I buy up from about 50.

I had some "my uzi weighs a ton", a couple arturo fuentes and 2 ghurkas.

Only one I'm disappointed with is the ghurka ninja. Not the taste, it just wont stay lit. I thought the ghurka professional was excellent though.
Never had a Ghurka. The Uzis and Fuentes have been good to me. :thumbsup:

stevelyn
03-13-2014, 06:20 AM
Tried my first Acid a couple days ago, a Kuba Kuba. Pretty awesome smoke. Gonna have to explore the Acids further.

TEN-32
03-13-2014, 08:12 AM
Tried my first Acid a couple days ago, a Kuba Kuba. Pretty awesome smoke. Gonna have to explore the Acids further.

I don't smoke those very often but I really like them occasionally. Drew Estate makes some decent non-aromatic cigars that rock. My Uzi Weighs a Ton is one example...

El Jefe
03-13-2014, 01:17 PM
I haven't done much of late. But by gawd I'm going to tonight! Picked up a jug of Glenmorangie and my first bottle of Angels Envy. :)

CigarGuy
03-13-2014, 01:23 PM
Oh, that Angels Envy is TASTY. A little sweet, but tasty!
Pick a good one to smoke!

El Jefe
03-13-2014, 01:46 PM
Oh, that Angels Envy is TASTY. A little sweet, but tasty!
Pick a good one to smoke!

So is the Glenmorangie. I'll probably go with a Monte.

I'm really intrigued by the notion of a port influenced bourbon. It works wonders on some scotch bottles, why not Kentucky juice?

TEN-32
03-13-2014, 01:47 PM
I haven't done much of late. But by gawd I'm going to tonight! Picked up a jug of Glenmorangie and my first bottle of Angels Envy. :)

Rethinking the Scotch? I've never had that one, but the Angel Envy is a good bourbon.

El Jefe
03-13-2014, 01:57 PM
Rethinking the Scotch? I've never had that one, but the Angel Envy is a good bourbon.

No, not really. I've recently polished off a bottle of Balvenie. Its the type of scotch I'm being careful about.

El Jefe
03-13-2014, 02:01 PM

Also, the Glenmorangie is the most bourbon like scotch I've had to date. Its also similar to Redbreast 12. The Glen is a little sweet with a touch of spice and dangerously drinkable.

TEN-32
03-13-2014, 04:25 PM
Also, the Glenmorangie is the most bourbon like scotch I've had to date. Its also similar to Redbreast 12. The Glen is a little sweet with a touch of spice and dangerously drinkable.

Costly? I still need to try that Redbreast.

El Jefe
03-13-2014, 05:48 PM
Costly? I still need to try that Redbreast.

Neither are cheap I'm afraid. I couldn't justify either being a daily pour.

The Glenmorangie is $40

The Redbreast is $50

First time i drank the Redbreast I didn't care for it, but now, I think its delicious. Of the two, I'd say the Glenmorangie is smoother, but the Redbreast a smidge more interesting. Both have a nice oily mouth feel I like similar to Elijah Craig.

mrkalashnikov
03-14-2014, 05:10 PM
Sadly, no.

I've been fighting a nasty sinus infection the last couple of weeks and smoke usually aggravates it. Was just peeking in my humidor the other day though & looking at my stogie supply. Warm temps are (eventually) on the way & I'll fire up some prime leaf in the near future I hope. Damn this endless winter shyte! :pissed:

El Jefe
03-14-2014, 06:26 PM
Sadly, no.

I've been fighting a nasty sinus infection the last couple of weeks and smoke usually aggravates it. Was just peeking in my humidor the other day though & looking at my stogie supply. Warm temps are (eventually) on the way & I'll fire up some prime leaf in the near future I hope. Damn this endless winter shyte! :pissed:

Yeah, I don't smoke when my sinuses are jacked up. Hope you get over this soon. :)

Helen Keller
03-14-2014, 06:43 PM
Yeah, I don't smoke when my sinuses are jacked up. Hope you get over this soon. :)

same here...... no smoking for a few weeks.

TEN-32
03-14-2014, 08:16 PM
Sadly, no.

Damn bro, you still fighting that shit? I had a ridiculous case of rhinitis/sinusitis that required extensive med therapy. If you haven't...it may be time to go to the doc.

stevelyn
03-17-2014, 07:28 AM
I don't smoke those very often but I really like them occasionally. Drew Estate makes some decent non-aromatic cigars that rock. My Uzi Weighs a Ton is one example...

MUWAT and Natural Dirt are on my "to do" list.

Tomorrow evening after I stuff myself with corned beef and cabbage, I have an Alec Bradley Black Market Hooligan complete with a shamrock on the band I'm gonna burn in honor of the Saint.

TEN-32
03-17-2014, 07:48 AM

Tomorrow evening after I stuff myself with corned beef and cabbage, I have an Alec Bradley Black Market Hooligan complete with a shamrock on the band I'm gonna burn in honor of the Saint.

Sounds like a cool way to do it up. If you have the slightest inclination, I'd like to see a pic of that bad boy.

CigarGuy
03-17-2014, 07:51 AM

My Ashton "guy" is now with Drew Estates........

stevelyn
03-21-2014, 02:35 AM
Sounds like a cool way to do it up. If you have the slightest inclination, I'd like to see a pic of that bad boy.

My apologies for not checking back in time to see your request. Otherwise I would have posted a pic. But it's basically just a Blackmarket with a candela wrapper and cool looking band. I noticed that the wrapper itself was rather devoid of taste while biting down on it, and had a very smooth almost waxy texture compared to most cigar wrappers. It was very delicious, smooth and the aroma wonderful.

Here's a CI link to the product. Apparently it's a limited release just for St. Paddy's Day and a damn pricey one at that. A friend gave me this particular one to try and it had been sitting in my treasure chest for about 3 months.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigars/66706/alec-bradley-black-market-filthy-hooligan/

stevelyn
03-21-2014, 02:37 AM
My Ashton "guy" is now with Drew Estates........

Stan, your cigar-monger is a local shop?

CigarGuy
03-21-2014, 07:02 AM
Stan, your cigar-monger is a local shop?

No, Steve, this is a bud who is a rep. DOES sell to my shop, though. His territory is the
northern half of Florida, so he gets down here to Tampa area, through Orlando to the
east coast. They have someone else that does the Miami area.
I DID hear my shop got in the MUWAT, although I was told it was kinda mild. Will have to
try regardless. Got in all the rest of the MUWAT line and the Undercrown line. And also
they rep the Joya de Nicaragua line, so bunch of them to try. Friday afternoon IS
my day at the shop.

TEN-32
03-21-2014, 08:10 AM
My apologies for not checking back in time to see your request. Otherwise I would have posted a pic. But it's basically just a Blackmarket with a candela wrapper and cool looking band. I noticed that the wrapper itself was rather devoid of taste while biting down on it, and had a very smooth almost waxy texture compared to most cigar wrappers. It was very delicious, smooth and the aroma wonderful.

Here's a CI link to the product. Apparently it's a limited release just for St. Paddy's Day and a damn pricey one at that. A friend gave me this particular one to try and it had been sitting in my treasure chest for about 3 months.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigars/66706/alec-bradley-black-market-filthy-hooligan/

Thats interesting. I'm envious!

stevelyn
03-22-2014, 01:13 AM
No, Steve, this is a bud who is a rep. DOES sell to my shop, though. His territory is the
northern half of Florida, so he gets down here to Tampa area, through Orlando to the
east coast. They have someone else that does the Miami area.
I DID hear my shop got in the MUWAT, although I was told it was kinda mild. Will have to
try regardless. Got in all the rest of the MUWAT line and the Undercrown line. And also
they rep the Joya de Nicaragua line, so bunch of them to try. Friday afternoon IS
my day at the shop.

That's even cooler.

stevelyn
03-22-2014, 01:20 AM
Thats interesting. I'm envious!

If you can get your hands on a couple, do it. I liked this one, but I don't know how differently it tastes from their regular Blackmarket

TEN-32
03-22-2014, 05:13 AM
If you can get your hands on a couple, do it. I liked this one, but I don't know how differently it tastes from their regular Blackmarket

Yes. I have my eyes open on this stick. Will be stopping by my brick and mortar store in the next week and this one is on the list. Thanks!

CigarGuy
03-22-2014, 06:15 PM
San Cris Revelaton and a pour, or two, of ET Taylor Small Batch. BIB at 50% ABV.
80 degrees on the back porch.

NAPOTS
03-22-2014, 11:23 PM
Smoking my pipe with some nice Lane Limited 1Q tonight and having another glass of Johnny Walker

I prefer the pipe over cigars. Wifey lets me smoke it in the house.

TEN-32
03-23-2014, 06:59 AM
Smoking my pipe with some nice Lane Limited 1Q tonight and having another glass of Johnny Walker

I prefer the pipe over cigars. Wifey lets me smoke it in the house.

Ah, now that sounds pretty damn nice. Although I'm not a huge fan of aromatics, there are a few. Do you find that one to be overly cased? Sticky sweet? I had an aromatic Christmas blend a couple years ago from Uhle's in Milwaukee. One smell in the bag and I was certain I'd hate the stuff. It turned out to be a great bowl. Very nice room note that the wife loved, and the smell was altogether different than the taste.

NAPOTS
03-23-2014, 10:44 AM
Ah, now that sounds pretty damn nice. Although I'm not a huge fan of aromatics, there are a few. Do you find that one to be overly cased? Sticky sweet? I had an aromatic Christmas blend a couple years ago from Uhle's in Milwaukee. One smell in the bag and I was certain I'd hate the stuff. It turned out to be a great bowl. Very nice room note that the wife loved, and the smell was altogether different than the taste.

I've been smoking less strongly cased tobacco the more I smoke. Some of the stuff I liked when I first started smoking now tastes like perfume to me. The 1Q is not heavily flavored at all. It is my favorite as of late.