PDA

View Full Version : Seasonal Hooch

TEN-32
03-14-2014, 08:21 PM
Question for you cognoscenti of the finer things in life...does your beverage change with the seasons? A friend drinks clear liquor(vodka, gin, light rum) in the spring and summer, and brown liquor(scotch, bourbon, Canadian) in the fall and winter. I get it...but I'm not sure I'm down with it. What do you guys think?

vit
03-14-2014, 09:59 PM
Mostly for beer - more darker, heavier stuff in winter.

El Jefe
03-14-2014, 10:48 PM
I don't change hooch due to season, but probably drink more during the summer as opposed to winter.

I do crave variety at times, but I just rotate between bourbon, rye and scotch.

silentkilla
03-14-2014, 10:52 PM
I don't change hooch due to season, but probably drink more during the summer as opposed to winter.

jefferson we all know you will drink anything, anytime as long as its got hopps or corn in it........lol

TEN-32
03-15-2014, 06:59 AM
Mostly for beer - more darker, heavier stuff in winter.

Makes sense. I've moved away from beer for the most part. Not that I don't love it but so many calories and carbs, etc. I did grab some Guinness for this weekend to go with my corned beef and colcannon.

TEN-32
03-15-2014, 07:02 AM

No martinis for you?

CigarGuy
03-15-2014, 08:33 AM
Just bourbon and rye for me. Occasional glass of wine, or bottle, when out for a nice meal.
And no mixers for me. Like my whiskey neet(is that how you spell it? Or is it "neat"?).

El Jefe
03-15-2014, 11:18 AM
No martinis for you?

Just occasionally. Kinda like my wine consumption.............sporadic.

El Jefe
03-15-2014, 11:19 AM
Just bourbon and rye for me. Occasional glass of wine, or bottle, when out for a nice meal.
And no mixers for me. Like my whiskey neet(is that how you spell it? Or is it "neat"?).

Its spelled............Straight up! ;)

El Jefe
03-15-2014, 11:22 AM
jefferson we all know you will drink anything, anytime as long as its got hopps or corn in it........lol

Why I oughta...:anger:

TEN-32
03-15-2014, 11:25 AM
Just occasionally. Kinda like my wine consumption.............sporadic.

Ditto. They get me in trouble...:martellate:

El Jefe
03-15-2014, 11:29 AM
Ditto. They get me in trouble...:martellate:

That they do. One and I'm fine, past that and you're just asking for it. I know the last time I had three of them, it didn't work so well. :hungio8:

Durangokid
03-15-2014, 08:24 PM
Maybe you should read this before your next "Beer Run". The Irish banned Queers Sam Adams attacked the St. Patrick's Day Parade.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/14/sam-adams-pulls-out-boston-st-patrick-parade-over-gay-rights/

TEN-32
03-16-2014, 07:51 AM
Maybe you should read this before your next "Beer Run". The Irish banned Queers Sam Adams attacked the St. Patrick's Day Parade.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/14/sam-adams-pulls-out-boston-st-patrick-parade-over-gay-rights/

This is the kind of crap that makes no sense to me. Why do these people feel compelled to assert their sexuality in the form of signs and banners in a parade that commemorates the death of St. Patrick and celebrates the Irish culture? And why do municipal governments and corporate sponsors enable their shenanigans? This is why people get pissed off about their militant, in-your-face homosexuality. Otherwise most folks could probably care less.

El Jefe
03-16-2014, 09:37 AM
Homo's tend to be narcissistic and are generally unstable people. Crap like this keeps them in the news, but in a negative manner. They should be burnt for fuel.

CigarGuy
03-16-2014, 09:49 AM
Took my annual " Sunday after March 15th" holiday today. My friend Alan, who
Probably has 100+ bottles do whiskey, has invited me over. He's just got in some
Smooth Ambler 7,8, and 10 year that his bourbon society(yes, he belongs to a bourbon society)
hand picked single barrels and had delivered. Wifey dropping me off at midday and pickin me
at 3. And, NO, do NOT expect a report....

El Jefe
03-16-2014, 11:01 AM
Took my annual " Sunday after March 15th" holiday today. My friend Alan, who
Probably has 100+ bottles do whiskey, has invited me over. He's just got in some
Smooth Ambler 7,8, and 10 year that his bourbon society(yes, he belongs to a bourbon society)
hand picked single barrels and had delivered. Wifey dropping me off at midday and pickin me
at 3. And, NO, do NOT expect a report....

WTF, you should be horse whipped!

CigarGuy
03-17-2014, 07:25 AM
These Smooth Ambler's he got were all at barrel strength. Between 120-130 proof.
But, MAN, they were tasty for sourced whiskey. Anxious to see what they can do
with their own whiskey, once properly aged.

Pat Garrett
03-17-2014, 10:03 AM
Single Malt Scotch, Irish, Bourbon, Rye, Gin, Canadian pretty much year round.

A little tonic water in the gin, but nothing but a small splash of spring water in the others. (SMALL)