PDA

View Full Version : Help Identify 1911

FrankM
03-25-2014, 10:06 PM
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a Smith & Wesson 1911. The gun is the same as all the others i have seen with one difference. There is no writing on the slide. On all the S&W 1911's i have seen, they all have the name on the left of the slide. Mine has no writing at all. I tried to google info about it but have found nothing. I was able to find one pic of the gun I have on an auction website. This is it: http://www.icollector.com/Smith-Wesson-Mdl-1911-Cal-45acp-SN-PAT0348-Double-action-semi-auto-8-shot-full-size-1911-style-p_i11289523

The information on the site is incorrect. One example is that is states the gun is double action when it is clearly single action. Just use it for the pics.

Can anyone tell me what I have here. Is it a special edition?

Thanks for the info,
Frank

l921428x
03-26-2014, 01:21 AM
what is on the dust cover/receiver? do the grips have a manu. name, have you tried a search on the serial # (use a partial)
Probably an aftermarket slide, have you taken the slide off and looked inside that piece, after you unload and check chamber, twice.

Krupski
03-26-2014, 07:33 AM
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a Smith & Wesson 1911. The gun is the same as all the others i have seen with one difference. There is no writing on the slide. On all the S&W 1911's i have seen, they all have the name on the left of the slide. Mine has no writing at all. I tried to google info about it but have found nothing. I was able to find one pic of the gun I have on an auction website. This is it: http://www.icollector.com/Smith-Wesson-Mdl-1911-Cal-45acp-SN-PAT0348-Double-action-semi-auto-8-shot-full-size-1911-style-p_i11289523

The information on the site is incorrect. One example is that is states the gun is double action when it is clearly single action. Just use it for the pics.

Can anyone tell me what I have here. Is it a special edition?

Thanks for the info,
Frank

Post some pictures if you can. Be sure to blur out or pixel out the serial number.

If the slide has no roll marks, I would guess it's not the one the pistol came with. Other than that, hard to tell without pictures.