PDA

View Full Version : ATF to Halt NFA Batch Processing, Re-Design eForms System

Gunreference1
03-27-2014, 01:36 PM
I thought some of you might be interested in this story.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/03/foghorn/atf-issue-cease-desist-batch-nfa-paperwork-uploading/

Steve

L1A1Rocker
03-27-2014, 02:31 PM
I have no problem with what SilencerShop is doing. It basically what professional medical billing companies do. They have the software to talk to insurance companies computers directly and greatly reduce the time it takes a doctor (or ambulance company) to get paid.

Partisan1983
03-27-2014, 03:15 PM
Just make it like the NICS and be done with it!

Why is that so hard to understand:crazy:

Schuetzenman
03-27-2014, 06:54 PM
Sounds like freaking Obamacare for NFA things. Is the government not capable of doing ANYTHING right?

raxar
03-27-2014, 07:21 PM
Sounds like freaking Obamacare for NFA things. Is the government not capable of doing ANYTHING right?

Well they're pretty good at printing money and shooting people's dogs

Helen Keller
03-27-2014, 10:22 PM
last time I got my fingerprints done , the guys at the state police barracks were baffled that a government agency was still using methods that everyone else phased out nearly 20 years ago .

What kills me is , we fill out more info on a damn handgun form here for buying/transferring . Background check takes (less than 1 minute for me) but it's usually pretty damn short, then "By Law" it's a Done deal .

The whole passport photo/fingerprint thing is fucking retarded and a complete waste of govt $ and resources.

videodon
03-28-2014, 09:33 AM

AMEN!
:)

Schuetzenman
03-28-2014, 05:04 PM

You forget the purpose. To fuck with and do all you can to slow down and discourage the purchase of anything NFA, especially suppressors IMO.

ready
04-03-2014, 09:00 PM
You forget the purpose. To fuck with and do all you can to slow down and discourage the purchase of anything NFA, especially suppressors IMO.

^This.

kimberkid
05-07-2014, 05:21 PM

Just make it like concealed carry, (which in Kansas is stricter than NFA) ... and be done with it!
Fax/email in copy of your application, NFA card & payment ... You just show your card to the transferer (or proof of NFA payment) pay your money to your transferer, cash & carry ... The trade off would be your license would be renewed every 4 years (or not in which case you could expect a visit from your friendly, local ATF man).