PDA

View Full Version : 5.45 import troubles ahead

Sergi762
03-27-2014, 11:00 PM
http://www.thebangswitch.com/import-ban-on-7n6-5-45x39/

If this is true I am beyond pissed. I've had it. Why the blue f.... You might do better to read the article. And to the asshat who made the f***'n thig.. I need a cigar.

FunkyPertwee
03-27-2014, 11:08 PM
Wow. What a load of shit.

Hopefully enough angry gun owners will become politically active enough to cause the republicans to add the overturning of the "armor piercing pistol cartridge" ban to their party platform.

Aggressive Perfector
03-28-2014, 01:28 AM
I'm not sure who's dumber... The idiots who decided mild steel core qualified as AP, or the jack asses who knew that it was considered AP and made the "pistols" chambered in that round anyways effectively cutting off another valuable source of good quality cheap ammo.

FUCKING CUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

l921428x
03-28-2014, 04:13 AM
http://www.ammoman.com/545-x-39-russian

BISHOP
03-28-2014, 05:56 AM
DOUBLE THE PRICE!!!!!!!!!
What happened to the $139 a 1/2 case (1080rds which in the case of 545x39 is only a half case).

BISHOP

s15v8
03-28-2014, 06:40 AM
Aimsurplus its still 16 cents per round, I don't know why ammoman is selling them so high

Schuetzenman
03-28-2014, 06:44 AM
This wouldn’t be the first time the BATF had shutoff imports of steel core rifle ammo because someone made a pistol that chambered it. Back in 1994 Olympic Arms screwed over American gun owners by manufacturing a 7.62×39 AR15 pistol. The moment they ran ads for the new pistol the BATF came down like a hammer and shutoff all 7.62×39 ammo imports that featured steel cores. - See more at: http://www.thebangswitch.com/import-ban-on-7n6-5-45x39/#sthash.mhqvBhj7.dpuf
I'm posting this quote from the linked article to remind people about Olympic. They fucked us all and yet they are still in business. Who ever made a pistol for the 5.45x39 round needs to be shut down.

On the jacked up ammo price, well until the letter from BATFE gets to that supplier they can keep on selling. Once they open the letter they can be fined thousands of dollars per sale and spend up to a year in jail for each sale. The time is ticking for any dealer or wholesale house that holds this ammo. Once they get that letter then only Police and Military can purchase the ammo from them.

imanaknut
03-28-2014, 12:24 PM
I'm posting this quote from the linked article to remind people about Olympic. They fucked us all and yet they are still in business. Who ever made a pistol for the 5.45x39 round needs to be shut down.

On the jacked up ammo price, well until the letter from BATFE gets to that supplier they can keep on selling. Once they open the letter they can be fined thousands of dollars per sale and spend up to a year in jail for each sale. The time is ticking for any dealer or wholesale house that holds this ammo. Once they get that letter then only Police and Military can purchase the ammo from them.

Really makes me sick that this country, founded of the people, by the people, and for the people, built on equality for all has degraded to the level where there is no longer equality based on your job.

l921428x
03-28-2014, 02:24 PM
Until Something happens. Guys you need to quit crying about it and start buying this ammo. unless you want a wall hanger or walking cane.

FunkyPertwee
03-28-2014, 02:59 PM
Until Something happens. Guys you need to quit crying about it and start buying this ammo. unless you want a wall hanger or walking cane.

Its not exactly that bad.

Russia already exports current production lead core 5.45x39. The problem is that its not as cheap and supposedly not as accurate.

The current production stuff is about the same price as Russian 7.62x39. While it does suck, and it is another example of federal tyranny, its not exactly the end of the world for AK-74 owners.

And if it really does stick then at least we'll get AK-74 pistols. Honestly if we could turn over all 7.62 pistols in exchange for steel core ammo coming back in that caliber I'm not sure I would want to anyway.

Pat Garrett
03-28-2014, 03:59 PM
For the first few years that Russian 5.45 was impoterd, (under Klinton) 7N6 was banned as AP. Then when Bush took office, he changed it.

It was only a matter of time before the kenyan monkey figured that one out. Hey! He can throw the phukk to us without going to congress. Sad, but not unexpected if you keep up with this crap.

Olympic arms got the 7.62X39 steel core banned with their damned AK-47 pistol. Surprise surprise- it's happening agin. We need to put a couple of gun makers out of businesss.

l921428x
03-28-2014, 04:45 PM
I agree Pert. But you have to move on this when you can. You can wring your hands about anything you want, but what is the alternate?

Schuetzenman
03-28-2014, 05:48 PM
I agree Pert. But you have to move on this when you can. You can wring your hands about anything you want, but what is the alternate?

It is too late right now. If you own a 5.45x39 rifle there is almost no ammo on the market now and it has all gone to 24 cents and up. Looks like my decision to sell my SAR-2 in 2004 was a good one after all.

Partisan1983
03-28-2014, 07:01 PM
It is too late right now. If you own a 5.45x39 rifle there is almost no ammo on the market now and it has all gone to 24 cents and up. Looks like my decision to sell my SAR-2 in 2004 was a good one after all.

I have said it before many times on here....we are our own worse enemies.

RIGHT NOW, there is no import problem for 5.45...but a few rich individuals decide to corner the market and then start spreading rumors on the 'Net to drive up the cost.....

We have seen this in happen in the past with Stock Market manipulation...nothing new.

The same thing has been going on in the transferable community over the last 12 months or so.....again, a few individuals have formed a cartel (in a way) and have cornered the market on a handful of different things....after all is said and done, they now get to set the price from here until our dollar finally collapses.

FunkyPertwee
03-28-2014, 07:22 PM
I have said it before many times on here....we are our own worse enemies.

RIGHT NOW, there is no import problem for 5.45...but a few rich individuals decide to corner the market and then start spreading rumors on the 'Net to drive up the cost.....

We have seen this in happen in the past with Stock Market manipulation...nothing new.

The same thing has been going on in the transferable community over the last 12 months or so.....again, a few individuals have formed a cartel (in a way) and have cornered the market on a handful of different things....after all is said and done, they now get to set the price from here until our dollar finally collapses.

These people are called resellers, and they RUIN every hobby they try to capitalize on. In the 1990's it was comic books, now its cartridge based video games, and of course guns and ammo.

FUCK the resellers. They serve absolutely no beneficial purpose, they profit off of a hobby they care nothing about, they provide no service or product of any kind. All they are is pointless greedy middle man creating nothing beneficial of their own.

Partisan1983
03-28-2014, 07:58 PM
These people are called resellers, and they RUIN every hobby they try to capitalize on. In the 1990's it was comic books, now its cartridge based video games, and of course guns and ammo.

FUCK the resellers. They serve absolutely no beneficial purpose, they profit off of a hobby they care nothing about, they provide no service or product of any kind. All they are is pointless greedy middle man creating nothing beneficial of their own.

I completely agree with you....but the ones who are responsible for cornering the market on a few transferable items are NOT resellers...one is a prominent dealer, the other a custom manufacturer....the third party I still haven't figured out yet....for now I will refer to them as "the smoking man"...

Now the ammo situation is different...but it is still the same..in a way

They did not form a cartel like in the transferable world.....no they were more insidious...considering an importer is involved

raxar
03-28-2014, 08:36 PM
once it hits 70 cents a round I'm cashing out and switching over to 5.56

l921428x
03-28-2014, 08:43 PM
How is it they see what you cannot? Did you really think this ammo would not sooner or later be drawn into this? Damn you can't buy .22lr, but somehow this was going to be .09 cent a round forever?
Quick question. How many years have you had to study on this?

raxar
03-28-2014, 08:50 PM
How is it they see what you cannot? Did you really think this ammo would not sooner or later be drawn into this? Damn you can't buy .22lr, but somehow this was going to be .09 cent a round forever?
Quick question. How many years have you had to study on this?

It does amaze me that people who genuinely think that there will eventually be armed conflict against the gubmit are shocked when the gubmit does stuff to fight it.

Sergi762
03-30-2014, 02:34 AM
UPDATE: Second distributor confirms 'Ban" on 7N6 ammunition imports. This video will elaborate. Look for the Military Arms Channel comments as well as the uploader.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2ntsgd55k0

Folks there may not be much time left before we open the final box.. God be with us.

s15v8
03-31-2014, 08:22 PM
If you go on gunbroker now, you can see the assholes trying to take advantage of this panic

El Duce
04-01-2014, 08:59 AM
Wasn't this ammo one of the least expensive to buy? Sounds like to me (tinfoil hat time) that this is another way for the govt to stop us from arming ourselves.

El Duce
04-01-2014, 09:02 AM
http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/rifle/545x39/

l921428x
04-01-2014, 09:10 AM
tried to watch the you tube but I thought the guy was going to hyperventilate,
plus I was getting sea sick from the scroll up, scroll down, scroll up, scroll down.

l921428x
04-01-2014, 09:12 AM
Wasn't this ammo one of the least expensive to buy? Sounds like to me (tinfoil hat time) that this is another way for the govt to stop us from arming ourselves.

who is to say the .gov guys didn't paid someone to make a 5.45 pistol?