PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal Inc - endorses Harry Reid

Notch
09-26-2010, 11:37 AM
Fuck Reid, Screw Arsenal Inc... too many other places to get AKs

http://www.mynews4.com/story.php?id=28452&n=122

Nevada business leaders stumped for Sen. Harry Reid in simultaneous press conferences held in Las Vegas and Reno today.

The Reid campaign released a letter signed by nearly 100 Nevada business leaders from across the state to announce their support for the Senator. The letter was announced today during the press conferences. Read it here.

Up north, Reno Mayor Bob Cashell, Co-owner of the Club Cal-Neva Bill Thorton and several others announced their support for the incumbent.

Those in attendance at today's event say Nevada's business community is behind the Senate Majority Leader come November, because they say they believe Reid can do more for the state than his opponent Sharron Angle.

"The issue is Sharron has no experience on the national level, there is no free lunch as they say, it takes time to build stature and influence in the US Congress," said JOHN FARAHI
CEO of the Monarch ##### Resorts.

In Las Vegas, ##### magnate George Maloof joined other gambling executives to rally behind Reid. In endorsing Reid, the Palms hotel-##### owner joined executives from MGM Resorts International and Harrah's Entertainment who also say Reid is a friend to the state's business leaders.

Reid is in a tight race against Republican Sharron Angle. Maloof's endorsement is not surprising. Maloof held a fundraiser with President Barack Obama earlier this year that aimed to raise $1 million for Democrats, including Reid.

A list of the business leaders that signed the letter of support follows:

Victorio Andaya, Azteca 2K
Anna Bailey
Kim Bailey
William H. "Bob" Bailey
*******Vartan Barsoumian, Arsenal, Inc.*******
Marybel Batjer, Harrah's
Tim Beckett, Nu Sanctuary Lounge
Bruce Beesley, Lewis and Roca, LLP
Gwen Braimoh, Owner, Expertise Cosmetology Institute
Chris Brooks, Renewable Energy Company Executive
Mark Brown
Linda Bullen
Rose Ann Capriotti, Owner of The Pepper Tree
Tim Carlson, Nevada Wind
Larry Carroll, Managing Principal, Poggemeyer Design
MaryKaye Cashman
Amar Chadha, C.K. Financial Inc.
Don Clark, Owner of Cathexes Architecture
Susan Clark, Renewable Energy Accelerator
Patrick C. Clary
Steve Cloobeck, Diamond Resorts International®
Chris Cole, President Desert Hills Shooting Club
Dave Coon, Anderson Dairy
Cedric Crear, Crear Creative
Lara de Guzman
Ralph Denton
Michael Elliott, Michael Enterprises
Robert & Sandy Ellis - President & CEO of SNAP-Tow
Martin Ertini, Andes Real Estate
Eddie Escobedo, El Mundo
Ken Evans, MTE Enterprises
Linda Faiss, Partner, Faiss Foley Warren
John Farahi
Nancy Fennell, Dickson Realty
Cliff Findlay, CEO Findlay Automotive Group

Helen Foley, Partner, Faiss Foley Warren
Alex Garza, Assistant Vice-President Wells Fargo Mortgage
Brian Greenspun, Chairman, The Greenspun Corporation
Ann Harrington, River Senior Partners
Joe Hernandez, Branch Hernandez and Associates
Calvin "Tito" Hudson, Owner, Classic Cuts Salon
Thomas H. Husted
M.J. Ivy, President, AMI Sports Marketing Group
Mark A. James, President & CEO, Frias Transportation Management
Trina Jiles, Owner, Gritz Cafe
Jan Jones, Harrah's
Arlene Kopycienski
Bryce Krausman, DW Bistro
Steven Kwon
Karlos R. LaSane, II, Harrah's
Robert E. Lewis
Vida Lin, Asian American Business Owner
Gary Loveman, Harrah's
George Maloof, Palms Hotel, Owner
Juan Martinez, Broker/Owner REMAX
Roxann McCoy
Sam McMullen
Jenna and Michael Morton, N9NE Group
Terry Murphy, Strategic Solutions
Joyce Newman, Newman Appraisal Services
Shaundell Newsome, President, Newsome Marketing
Duy Nguyen, Asian American business leader
Steve Nightingale, Club Cal Neva
Nathan Ozobia, Owner, Mocton Designs
Maggie Arias Petrel , CEO of Global Professional Consulting
Lesley Pittman
Irene Porter
Chef Kami Redd, Esculent Affairs, LLC
Michael Reichartz, Expedia
Uwe Rockenfeller, Rocky Research
Jim Rogers
Sig Rogich, Rogich Communications Group
Marv and Kellie Rubin, Las Vegas Realtors
Dr. John C. Ruckdeschel
Larry Ruvo
Blake Sartini, Sartini Enterprises
Syndi Sayles, The Sayles Group
Julie Gilday Shaffer, Owner of JGS Group

Rahul Singal, owner of WorldDoc
Jerry Snyder
Paul Steelman, Steelman Partners LLP
BJ Sullivan, Clark and Sullivan
Paul Thomsen, Ormat Technologies and President of Nevada Geothermal Council
William Thornton, Co-Owner of Club Cal Neva
Charles Tureaud
Bobby Ullian, Owner, Bobbys Locksmith
Mary Venable
David Ward, E-Media Ad Group
Valerie Williamson, Owner, SJL Cleaning Services Enterprise
John Wilson, Founder, MedicWest Ambulance

-The Associated Press contributed to this report.

HDR
09-26-2010, 11:39 AM
Supporting Harry Reid is not a common sense thing for firearms owners or America's future.

cciota
09-26-2010, 11:49 AM
It's all about money.

ATAK, Inc.
09-26-2010, 11:57 AM
Supporting Harry Reid is not a common sense thing for firearms owners or America's future.

Well, he has a lot of southern Nevadan pro gun folks on his side simply because of the shooting range he got pushed thru in North Las Vegas.

To me, good job on the range, bad job on every other thing he has done as HMFIC of the Senate! Based on his record, this is a stupid reason to get behind him, and the Las Vegas valley is one of the highest unemployment areas in the nation. With construction workers over 50% out of work, yet those unions still push their members to support him.

ksuguy
09-26-2010, 12:02 PM
Looks like someone didn't learn from what Alex Robinson did with Romney. Looks like I have to add Arsenal to my shit list.

swampdragon
09-26-2010, 12:12 PM
Well...it's not like I'll be selling my Arsenal rifle or anything.
It's an SLR 95 and originally came from Bulgaria anyways. And their politics are even worse! lol...

O.S.O.K.
09-26-2010, 12:24 PM
Hey swampy, I caught your avatar in my live trap :lol:

And as to the OP - these businesses are obviously thinking that he's going to win - and are fishing for political favors from the senate leader....

Not exactly what I would call "patriotic".

I wonder if Arsenal thought of the very real possibility that their products could be boycotted...

Even talk of boycotting could reduce their sales... not a wise move to piss off your customer base - a targeted, niche customer base.

matshock
09-26-2010, 12:33 PM
It's all about money.

Bingo. Harry Reid brings home the pork, Angle will not.

Take our mayor Oscar Goodman for example- he won't even meet with Obama but he endorsed Harry Reid.

It's time to cut down the poison tree of federal subsidies, over the objections of those who are addicted to that poison.

O.S.O.K.
09-26-2010, 12:36 PM
Bingo. Harry Reid brings home the pork, Angle will not.

Take our mayor Oscar Goodman for example- he won't even meet with Obama but he endorsed Harry Reid.

It's time to cut down the poison tree of federal subsidies, over the objections of those who are addicted to that poison.

That, among many other things is what the coming election is all about.

And if it fails.... then we have a decsion to make. Continue working "within the system" or.... take another tack.

mriddick
09-26-2010, 01:06 PM
On strictly gun measures Reid is OK, on everything else he's a POS. Even though Arsenal is a gun manufacturer you'd think their other business interests (like paying less in taxes) would prevail.

Sidartha
09-26-2010, 01:19 PM
The Reid campaign released a letter signed by nearly 100 Nevada business leaders from across the state to announce their support for the Senator. The letter was announced today during the press conferences. Read it here.

Nearly 100 sounds like a lot if you don't think about it.
Nearly 100 cars, nearly 100 bears, nearly 100 aircraft carriers...

What percentage is this almost 100 businesses of all the businesses in Nevada?
The AP article would sound much different if it said .01 percent of Nevada business supports Reid.

Behold the media slant.:whatever:

matshock
09-26-2010, 01:22 PM
On strictly gun measures Reid is OK, on everything else he's a POS.

That is the definition of undermining.

Penguin
09-26-2010, 06:14 PM
:wtf: Why in the world would they do that? Did Alex Robinson buy them out?

I would have like to get an arsanel AK. I keep hoping they would make one of their guns in 5.45. Now even if they did I don't think I would be buying it.

imanaknut
09-26-2010, 08:46 PM
What is it about dingy harry that has firearm manufacturers, and the NRA so in love with him??? Other than a few firearm issues, all he seems to have done is screw the country.

LAGC
09-26-2010, 09:13 PM
What is it about dingy harry that has firearm manufacturers, and the NRA so in love with him??? Other than a few firearm issues, all he seems to have done is screw the country.

He has a very good pro-RKBA record. He's kept countless anti-gun measures off the floor, not even letting them come to a vote. He knows gun control is a losing political issue, and doesn't let it divide Democrats.

Consider this: if Harry Reid gets the boot, who becomes the next Senate Majority leader? Chuck Schumer? If you think you have it bad now...

ATAK, Inc.
09-26-2010, 09:20 PM
He has a very good pro-RKBA record. He's kept countless anti-gun measures off the floor, not even letting them come to a vote. He knows gun control is a losing political issue, and doesn't let it divide Democrats.

Consider this: if Harry Reid gets the boot, who becomes the next Senate Majority leader? Chuck Schumer? If you think you have it bad now...

Now there's a reason to keep Harry...

... Not!!!

Chuck's number is coming up soon, another tard that needs a pink-slip! And there is the possibility that repubs take the Senate come Nov. 2nd!

matshock
09-26-2010, 09:31 PM
Now there's a reason to keep Harry...

... Not!!!

Chuck's number is coming up soon, another tard that needs a pink-slip! And there is the possibility that repubs take the Senate come Nov. 2nd!

Yep, we're taking the house anyway.

NewbieAKguy
09-27-2010, 06:13 AM
Well there goes me getting an Arsenal for my first AK.

vegasak
10-15-2010, 01:10 PM
It seems to easy to judge a company, but Arsenal Inc is a Nevada company and Harry Reid has done a lot for Nevada companies. People, there are always two sides to every story, don't be so quick to judge.
Arsenal, or Vartan Barsumian has never given money to support Harry Reid.
See this link of a letter he just published on his site.
http://www.arsenalinc.com/letterfromceo20101014.htm
I understand the distaste for national level issues, but just think about it, what would it be like if you were a Nevada business person and spent your life supporting the gun industry...don't you think he knows what he is doing?
Most of the rights that you have now have been protected and supported by this one business person, and some other business people are out their to take him down for their own gain.

Don't be so quick to judge.

Randomluck
10-15-2010, 01:15 PM
But seriously, it's Harry Reid traitor, criminal and second in line to be hung on the Capital Steps if there's any justice in this world.

HDR
10-15-2010, 02:00 PM
Well, he has a lot of southern Nevadan pro gun folks on his side simply because of the shooting range he got pushed thru in North Las Vegas.

To me, good job on the range, bad job on every other thing he has done as HMFIC of the Senate! Based on his record, this is a stupid reason to get behind him, and the Las Vegas valley is one of the highest unemployment areas in the nation. With construction workers over 50% out of work, yet those unions still push their members to support him.

Dingy Harry lost half of his lead over Angle after the debate.

According to Limbaugh good ol Dingy Harry made over a million dollar profit on land he didn't own. As Reid stated he made all his money from his law practice; Limbaugh pointed out according to Harry's website he only practiced law for three years... lol

The rest of Reid's resume was "in public service" and judging by Reid's net worth "public service" must pay a fantastic salary in Nevada!

lol

HDR
10-15-2010, 02:05 PM

If the democrats retain control..