PDA

View Full Version : got one for you

l921428x
04-04-2014, 01:20 PM
a usps worker just told me that the postal service is not funded by the tax payer.
:bigsmilebounce:

imanaknut
04-04-2014, 01:29 PM
It is hard to believe it, but most people do not comprehend the fact that the federal government has money that it can only get from taxpayers, even if the fed print it up without end, it is still our money that they are using, they just haven't collected it yet.

That is one of the many reasons we are in such trouble, most people think the money magically comes from the government without any ties to taxes.

El Jefe
04-04-2014, 02:02 PM
It is hard to believe it, but most people do not comprehend the fact that the federal government has money that it can only get from taxpayers, even if the fed print it up without end, it is still our money that they are using, they just haven't collected it yet.

That is one of the many reasons we are in such trouble, most people think the money magically comes from the government without any ties to taxes.

There is an amazing amount of that that goes on.

Kind of like the thread from a few years back where a certain entity was trying to convince us that a government job was just as valuable as a private sector job.:smiley_freak:

miketx
04-04-2014, 02:06 PM
Conversation at work a while back. We were at the shift change briefing and several people were talking about getting a tax refund and what they were going to do with it. Someone asked me about mine and I stated that I had to pay. The Lt. looked at me and said, "sounds like someone needs to." ;)

shorthair
04-04-2014, 02:07 PM
Ain't Nobody Got Time Fo Dat!