PDA

View Full Version : Wait..WHAT !!!! Everyone should read this RFN!

Partisan1983
04-04-2014, 05:49 PM
http://www.franklinarmory.com/XO-26_Letter__c_.pdf :think:

WTF!?!?!

They make up one ruling one day that violates the law....then they make up another ruling the next day....

It almost seems like over the last couple of years the batfucks are deliberately trying to fuck everything up, until the point where they come down and say "Turn 'em all in"...

I'm confused....

Schuetzenman
04-04-2014, 05:54 PM
So what the fuck are they then? Not a handgun or a pistol, too long to be an AOW. So I guess that leaves SBR? Fuck I have no real idea what that double talk BS letter means in the long run.

l921428x
04-04-2014, 09:22 PM
I really do not wish to read a file, but I do wish to know what is going on.
will someone please explain?

BISHOP
04-04-2014, 09:29 PM
Yeah what does the file say?
Every time I click the link I get a message saying that the internet has stopped working.

BISHOP

Helen Keller
04-04-2014, 09:37 PM
i made a thread awhile back detailing this same thing.

imanaknut
04-04-2014, 09:37 PM
Haven't read it, but if it is about the pistol attachment that allows you to strap the pistol to your wrist or forearm, then it still meets the ATF definition of a pistol since it can and is operated by only one hand.

Unfortunately for we the people ATF has overruled the Constitution which we all know states "shall not be infringed".

l921428x
04-04-2014, 10:00 PM
Yeah what does the file say?
Every time I click the link I get a message saying that the internet has stopped working.

BISHOP

it is pdf
so I will try
http://www.franklinarmory.com/XO-26_Letter__c_.pdf
let me know.

Schuetzenman
04-04-2014, 11:30 PM
Haven't read it, but if it is about the pistol attachment that allows you to strap the pistol to your wrist or forearm, then it still meets the ATF definition of a pistol since it can and is operated by only one hand.

Unfortunately for we the people ATF has overruled the Constitution which we all know states "shall not be infringed".

No it isn't about that. It is about 2 weapons that are over 26 inches long but have a vertical forward grip. Batfe says that because they are meant to be held by more than one hand they aren't handguns or pistols. They define that the AOW class has to be shorter than 26 inches so both are longer than the AOW classification allows as they are over 26 inches. The whole letter makes no sense as it really doesn't define WTF they are in BATFE's mind, only defines what they ARE NOT.

Helen Keller
04-05-2014, 12:31 AM
BUT what They dont say is............ Can you do this with ANYTHING as long as the OAL is greater than 26" ?????????????????????????
IF that's the case, you could take unfinished/in the white shotgun receivers and build them into "WHATEVER" long as you have 26" ...

It's not a shotgun cause it cant be fired from the shoulder and it's not an AOW cause it's over 26" and cant be readily concealed.
But yet... it's not a DD since it doesnt qualify as a pistol with a smooth bore due to length, nor a SBS since theres no readily provision for a stock ( if built from a NEW receiver) ... Cutting up your 870 Doesnt count.

but if it is about the pistol attachment that allows you to strap the pistol to your wrist or forearm

manufacturers INTENT .. it's a wrist strap. just like selling a ruger charger with a BIPOD on it... It's intent is a bipod.

TYPICAL GOVERNMENT .

BISHOP
04-05-2014, 09:22 AM
There is a name for a gun like that. Thompson was making them back in the day (AFTER the NFA was created) It was a semi with a 10" barrel and had a pistol grip on the front.
These guns are still legal today as non-nfa firearms.
Didn't some shotgun company build a shotgun like this. Short barrel grips on both ends ad it wasn't NFA.

BISHOP

NAPOTS
04-05-2014, 10:47 AM
Well...they said it wasn't subject to NFA so OK. Does it matter at that point if it is a pistol or rifle, can't be other becuase that would be AOW and they said it's not.

The jist I got from the letter was that they didn't like it but couldn't find a way to make it illegal.

BISHOP
04-05-2014, 11:54 AM
They will once somebody shoots up a school or something with 2 AR15 pistols with beta mags strapped to their arms..

That would be cool to see in a movie though...

BISHOP