PDA

View Full Version : H&R 22 Special parts

deputyvaughn
04-07-2014, 09:18 PM
I have an H&R 22 special that I inherited from my grandfather. He bought it sometime after he returned from France in 1945. My brother had it before I did and when I got it it was partially disassembled. I've reassembled it but I believe that I am missing some super thin spacers that go in the hinge where the barrel attaches to the frame. there is excessive play and it interferes with the timing of the cylinder.
My question, aside from Numrich (already checked there) who might have the parts to repair this revolver so that I can restore it to it's intended glory?

Scott

ltorlo64
04-07-2014, 10:05 PM
I just looked up that pistol, I hope you can get it fixed.

Now to your question, maybe Brownells? The other think to think about is seeing if you can have the piece made. My machinists that I had on my last ship made some very thin (talking like .005" thick) for use in some pumps. I know it sounds expensive but it may not be as bad as it sounds.

Gunreference1
04-08-2014, 04:33 AM
Scott, try calling the people at Jack First, Inc. - (605) 343-9544. They do have a website (http://www.jackfirstgun.com/index.php) but they don't offer any online ordering. Hope this helps!

Steve

deputyvaughn
04-08-2014, 07:16 AM
Thanks for the replies. I'll look into it.

Scott