PDA

View Full Version : Russell's Reserve 10 Year/Rocky Patel Churchill

TEN-32
04-09-2014, 07:06 PM
Well, this turned out to be a truly and unexpectedly wonderful find. This bourbon comes from Wild Turkey, bottled at 90* and aged 10 years. I paid $22 for a 750 at a grocery chain on clearance. I’m taking it with a few drops of water just to open it up a bit. I was first struck by the viscosity. This stuff has legs on the glass and a nice thick substantial mouth feel. Its oddly sweet on the front end with brown sugar and pralines and some spice and oak. It finishes dry. I suspect a fair amount of rye in this one. This is a “where you been all my life?” bottle of bourbon.

I’m smoking a Rocky Patel 2008 Autumn Collection Connecticut Churchill. Creamy and mild. Perfectly constructed. Burns and draws 100%. Pretty deep into the mild zone for my tastes, but contrary to its name, its a good springtime cigar.

Life is good. Enjoy some things.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c286/mrbigirish/20140409_160207_zpswlmxexhn.jpg

El Jefe
04-09-2014, 08:13 PM
Dang, that whiskey sounds great. I need to pick up a bottle. I see it here but never have tried it, I didn't know it was a Wild Turkey offshoot.

I really like a thick, oily whiskey, that adds an extra dimension.

TEN-32
04-09-2014, 08:44 PM
I'm confident you'll like this one, J.

El Jefe
04-09-2014, 09:05 PM
I'm confident you'll like this one, J.

Cool. I'm going to give it a whirl. Pretty sure it'll run me more than $22 tho. :(

You ever track down any Evan Williams white label?

TEN-32
04-10-2014, 05:08 AM
Not as of yet. Although I haven't really tried. Its on the list though. :cornhole-thelist: :roflmao:

El Jefe
04-10-2014, 10:16 AM
Not as of yet. Although I haven't really tried. Its on the list though. :cornhole-thelist: :roflmao:

I would like to check out the EV Blue label too.

mrkalashnikov
04-10-2014, 05:03 PM
Funny, I just smoked an RP Autumn on my patio about an hour ago. Great minds think alike I reckon. :cigarsmoking: ;)

El Jefe
04-10-2014, 05:28 PM
Damn it, while running errands this afternoon I stopped at two locales and neither had the Russels Reserve. I'm pretty sure thats its Hi-Vee where I've been seeing it stocked. Of course thats all the way out on the west end.:hurt:

I did restock on Buffalo Trace and grabbed a bottle of Jim Beam Rye. I don't usually come out empty handed. ;)