PDA

View Full Version : Smoke em if ya got em.

El Jefe
04-10-2014, 09:05 PM
I'm going to imbibe in a Partagas short, and a glass of Buffalo Trace.

You? :)

TEN-32
04-11-2014, 06:45 AM
How did that work out? I was lights out by 2100.:11doh:

El Jefe
04-11-2014, 09:50 AM
How did that work out? I was lights out by 2100.:11doh:

Pretty decent. These shorts could use some humidor time, but all in all pretty good.

TEN-32
04-11-2014, 06:52 PM
I was out and about today. I picked up some Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake at a brick and mortar tobacco shop. Good reviews online. Smells amazing in the bag.

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/2679/peter-stokkebye-luxury-bullseye-flake

El Jefe
04-11-2014, 07:13 PM
I was out and about today. I picked up some Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake at a brick and mortar tobacco shop. Good reviews online. Smells amazing in the bag.

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/2679/peter-stokkebye-luxury-bullseye-flake

Is it rolled into a tube shape? Whats that about?

Sounds tasty tho.

TEN-32
04-11-2014, 07:32 PM
They are "coins". Rolled and sliced thin. You can rub them out or just fold and stuff. I've had one other pipe tobacco like this called Escudo Navy Deluxe. That is actually what I wanted to buy today but they were out. This is pretty damn good and le$$. The Bulleit rye is going very well with this one. :2cents:

El Jefe
04-11-2014, 08:03 PM
They are "coins". Rolled and sliced thin. You can rub them out or just fold and stuff. I've had one other pipe tobacco like this called Escudo Navy Deluxe. That is actually what I wanted to buy today but they were out. This is pretty damn good and le$$. The Bulleit rye is going very well with this one. :2cents:

Nice. I'm thinking of tearing into the High West double rye I got the other day.

The Bulleit rye is awesome, I like it better than their bourbon and I really like their bourbon.

I might just order some of this pipe tobacco and give it a spin. I'm trying really, really hard not to place a cigar order, I've got two boxes in my shopping cart that I'd really like to have. The temptation is making my hands shake and I have sweat on my brow. ;)

TEN-32
04-11-2014, 08:41 PM
You need some "momma don't know money".:cigarsmoking::roflmao:

El Jefe
04-11-2014, 09:08 PM
You need some "momma don't know money".:cigarsmoking::roflmao:

No kidding. I used to have my own accounts when I was running Summit. But when I packed it in I saw no reason for them any longer. Not smart. :)

I'm telling you, I've got a box of Siglio IV's and a box of H. Uppman #2's picked out and I know they'll be good. I'm probably going to get them, even if it costs me a new couch or what the fuck ever. ;)

El Jefe
04-11-2014, 11:14 PM
Fuck it, went ahead and ordered the smokes. Yikes, this High West rye, is not very good. I'm kind of pissed. I was had!

ready
04-11-2014, 11:29 PM
You guys gonna make me go buy a pipe now too? Jeez...

El Jefe
04-12-2014, 12:10 AM

Oh c'mon, quit with the whining. ;) Look at it this way, pipe tobacco is way cheaper than cigars, tho in my experience learning to smoke a pipe and actually enjoy it, takes longer than with cigars.

ready
04-12-2014, 01:26 AM
I'll need a really long pipe (that's what she said) so I don't light my beard on fire. Already had a few close calls with the cigars.

El Jefe
04-12-2014, 01:57 AM
I'll need a really long pipe (that's what she said) so I don't light my beard on fire. Already had a few close calls with the cigars.

Yeah, you're kinda right, I wear a beard but keep it cropped close. Setting my face on fire is not a dream or anything. :evil-bbq:

TEN-32
04-12-2014, 07:16 AM
No kidding. I used to have my own accounts when I was running Summit. But when I packed it in I saw no reason for them any longer. Not smart. :)

I'm telling you, I've got a box of Siglio IV's and a box of H. Uppman #2's picked out and I know they'll be good. I'm probably going to get them, even if it costs me a new couch or what the fuck ever. ;)
Pair of shoes or a handbag.

Do it!:bigsmilebounce:

El Jefe
04-12-2014, 12:50 PM
Pair of shoes or a handbag.

Do it!:bigsmilebounce:

Yeah, those damned Coach bags, WTH?

mrkalashnikov
04-12-2014, 02:32 PM
Well, it's like summer showed up today here.

Put on a pair of old cargo shorts & a t-shirt & walked into the village I live by. Hit my local tobacco vendor & thought I would look for something I haven't tried before . Walked out w/ several sticks to try & fired up a Gispert hand-rolled cigar while sitting on the patio w/ a beverage. :cigarsmoking: For a 6 buck smoke I couldn't believe how good it was. Perfect burn, nice easy draw w/ an even solid ash all the way to the end. Hints of cedar & perhaps vanilla. For some reason I thought this would be very good w/ a nice red bordeaux or cabernet wine and maybe a well-grilled steak. It really surprised me that I had never heard of the brand before considering how tasty it was, like a poor man's Cuban I guess. They come in both connecticut & maduro Ecudoran wrappers, with Honduran filler. Might be a good new "go to" cigar for me.

Well back now to cleaning out the garage & doing spring cleanup in the yard, duty calls. ;)

El Jefe
04-12-2014, 02:39 PM
Well, it's like summer showed up today here.

Put on a pair of old cargo shorts & a t-shirt & walked into the village I live by. Hit my local tobacco vendor & thought I would look for something I haven't tried before . Walked out w/ several sticks to try & fired up a Gispert hand-rolled cigar while sitting on the patio w/ a beverage. :cigarsmoking: For a 6 buck smoke I couldn't believe how good it was. Perfect burn, nice easy draw w/ an even solid ash all the way to the end. Hints of cedar & perhaps vanilla. For some reason I thought this would be very good w/ a nice red bordeaux or cabernet wine and maybe a well-grilled steak. It really surprised me that I had never heard of the brand before considering how tasty it was, like a poor man's Cuban I guess. They come in both connecticut & maduro Ecudoran wrappers, with Honduran filler. Might be a good new "go to" cigar for me.

Well back now to cleaning out the garage & doing spring cleanup in the yard, duty calls. ;)

Oh yeah. I've bought a few boxes of the Gispert Churchills. They're good, an under rated smoke in my opinion.

TEN-32
04-12-2014, 03:20 PM
I've heard of them, but never tried one. I'll check next time I stop at the smokey treat shop.

mrkalashnikov
04-12-2014, 05:48 PM
Seriously, for the $$$ I think it's a damn nice smoke.

CigarGuy
04-12-2014, 06:46 PM
Fuck it, went ahead and ordered the smokes. Yikes, this High West rye, is not very good. I'm kind of pissed. I was had!
That's what I'm sippin'. Not impressed, either.

CigarGuy
04-12-2014, 06:49 PM
Smokin' a C&B, which is distibuted by my Drew Estates buddy. Medium
Bodied but tasty. The Corona Real is a 5 1/2 X 46 which is PERFECT. For me!

CigarGuy
04-12-2014, 06:51 PM
Jeffy, the RittenhouseBIB Rye or the Willett Rye are much better.

El Jefe
04-12-2014, 07:33 PM
Jeffy, the RittenhouseBIB Rye or the Willett Rye are much better.

I always have Rittenhouse on hand. The Willett I don't see around here.

The High West stuff sucks.

El Jefe
04-12-2014, 10:06 PM
Gonna have a wee sip of Buffalo Trace and an Epi #2

I'm using one of my new whiskey glasses, I have 4 types now. :smiley_freak:

Zygomatic
04-12-2014, 11:19 PM
Just had a couple of cheap shots of brandy mixed with Mexican Coke. Pretty tasty. There's some cherry Swisher Sweets stashed in the freezer but I think I'll wait until it's a little warmer outside at night...

El Jefe
04-12-2014, 11:43 PM
Just had a couple of cheap shots of brandy mixed with Mexican Coke. Pretty tasty. There's some cherry Swisher Sweets stashed in the freezer but I think I'll wait until it's a little warmer outside at night...

Mexican coke is pretty good. We get it at Sams.

Durangokid
04-13-2014, 12:07 AM
I have never aquired a tast for Rye. But I do like some CLC and 7 in the summer time. We call Canadian Whisky "Rye" because it was always added to the Canadian whisky for flavor.

El Jefe
04-13-2014, 12:22 AM
I have never aquired a tast for Rye. But I do like some CLC and 7 in the summer time. We call Canadian Whisky "Rye" because it was always added to the Canadian whisky for flavor.

For me some rye whiskey rivals the better bourbons, but some are awful.

Bulleit and Rittenhouse are really nice rye pours. Plus they're not expensive.

mrkalashnikov
04-13-2014, 07:31 AM

The Mexican coke is good (real sugar) but I would rethink the Swishers.

Zygomatic
04-13-2014, 10:04 AM
The Mexican coke is good (real sugar) but I would rethink the Swishers.

Now now... you're just being an elitist. Nothing beats a Swisher when you get right down to the base and start to smoke that plastic tip.... :wink:

El Jefe
04-13-2014, 10:13 AM
Now now... you're just being an elitist. Nothing beats a Swisher when you get right down to the base and start to smoke that plastic tip.... :wink:

:wow::laughingtohard:

mrkalashnikov
04-13-2014, 01:08 PM

After sucking on an entire Cherry Swisher I imagine that melting tip would be tasty. :laugh:

El Jefe
04-13-2014, 02:40 PM
I'm sitting here watching the final round of The Masters, enjoying a Monte #2 and a glass of OGD-114. Nice. :)

On a down note, its f'ing raining out. :(

El Jefe
04-13-2014, 04:07 PM
Go Bubba!!!!!!!

CigarGuy
04-13-2014, 04:34 PM
Always have a bottle of OGD114 in stock.

El Jefe
04-13-2014, 05:32 PM
Always have a bottle of OGD114 in stock.

Anyone who doesn't isn't looking . :smiley_freak:

TEN-32
04-13-2014, 06:21 PM
I'm sitting here watching the final round of The Masters, enjoying a Monte #2 and a glass of OGD-114. Nice. :)

On a down note, its f'ing raining out. :(

Cigar, check. OGD, check. Golf!?!?! Meh, 2 out of 3 ain't bad...:frech11:

ready
04-13-2014, 08:34 PM
I can't do golf, either. My father in law watches it but tells me soccer is like watching grass grow. ???

El Jefe
04-13-2014, 09:16 PM
Cigar, check. OGD, check. Golf!?!?! Meh, 2 out of 3 ain't bad...:frech11:

Fuckin hillbilly! :)