PDA

View Full Version : Study Ties Lax State Gun Laws to Crimes in Other States

Gunreference1
09-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Study Ties Lax State Gun Laws to Crimes in Other States

By ERIC LICHTBLAU
Published: September 26, 2010

WASHINGTON — Nearly 600 mayors nationwide, led by Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg of New York and other city leaders, are mounting a new campaign to identify states with lax gun laws and push for tighter restrictions to prevent the trafficking of guns used in crimes.

A study due to be released this week by a coalition called Mayors Against Illegal Guns uses previously unavailable federal gun data to identify what it says are the states that most often export guns used in crimes across state lines. It concludes that the 10 worst offenders per capita, led by Mississippi, West Virginia and Kentucky, supplied nearly half the 43,000 guns traced to crime scenes in other states last year.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/27/us/politics/27guns.html

Steve

ATAK, Inc.
09-26-2010, 10:01 PM
Wow, that POS bloomberg makes my blood boil every time he spouts something new.

Their new tactic is a travisty at best, can you say, "manipulate the data as you see fit!

The "Gun Show Loophole", where anyone can buy a gun w/o a nics, yeah, once in a while, but more the exception than the rule.

He really needs to go away, or take a dirt nap, something to close that pie hole!

old Grump
09-26-2010, 10:15 PM
And if you can't massage and manipulate the data just make it up. Funny part is MAIG has lost several of their members when those members found out they had been listed as members but they hadn't signed up...oops. Then they lost a few more as a few of them got busted for racketeering and other charges...oops again. Won't believe a thing they say unless they can show me the numbers and prove they are true. Right now its just verbal flatulence.

imanaknut
09-26-2010, 11:20 PM
And spoons and forks sold in Indiana cause obesity in Texas and New Mexico!

swampdragon
09-26-2010, 11:27 PM
And spoons and forks sold in Indiana cause obesity in Texas and New Mexico!

I blame it on plastic sporks. Those things are deadly.

l921428x
09-27-2010, 03:53 AM
Seems lax criminal laws are the prevalent factor. Phac these people.