PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of the Beretta...the 81 might be coming back!

was_peacemaker
04-23-2014, 02:57 PM
Don't know how true this article is but its implying the old Beretta 81 in .32 ACP may be coming back! It was a smallish mid frame gun with a double stack 12 round mag! If they do bring it back I hope they leave it looking classy like the old ones from the 70's with the wood grips. I think a metal pistol with in .32 ACP with a 12 round mag would be great. Low recoil and accurate.

http://www.gunandgame.com/threads/model-81-is-coming-back.119537/

FunkyPertwee
04-23-2014, 03:03 PM
Its totally obsolete.

A cool collectible, no doubt, but don't delude yourself into thinking thats its a truly viable CCW option when compared to more modern choices.

I'll bet its expensive too.

I carry an outdated gun myself, but the trade off is that mil-surp pistols are cheap.

was_peacemaker
04-23-2014, 03:16 PM
Its totally obsolete.

A cool collectible, no doubt, but don't delude yourself into thinking thats its a truly viable CCW option when compared to more modern choices.

I'll bet its expensive too.

I carry an outdated gun myself, but the trade off is that mil-surp pistols are cheap.

I like the idea of a hi-cap .32. A lot of these like weight compact polymer guns are not all that great to handle. I think a metal framed heavier offering in .32 ACP loaded with some Speer Gold dots would be ideal for a small carry pistol. There are still guys out there that like the old Star PD .45 ACP.

FunkyPertwee
04-23-2014, 03:35 PM
I like the idea of a hi-cap .32. A lot of these like weight compact polymer guns are not all that great to handle. I think a metal framed heavier offering in .32 ACP loaded with some Speer Gold dots would be ideal for a small carry pistol. There are still guys out there that like the old Star PD .45 ACP.

Go shoot an M&P Shield.

FunkyPertwee
04-24-2014, 11:16 AM
Here is the coolest movie scene to ever feature the Beretta 81. From one of my favorite films, Tenebre:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi3pTk-MMJM

was_peacemaker
04-24-2014, 02:12 PM
That was crazy!