PDA

View Full Version : You gotta admit they take center stage

fez
04-23-2014, 05:34 PM
I do not want to start any arguments as to which is better ar's or ak's. I'm only talking about looks.They both look formidable. However,I hardly see any ak's at my public range but when one shows up everybody notices. Being well worn mine looks like it just came off the battlefield. Also because it has an underfolder stock(which doesn't work. It's bolted in place) it seems to stand out a little more. Before I got it and when I was at the range there were a lot of ar style weapons being shot. Seemed like everybody had one. Not so the ak. Now I'm just talking about my movie. Your movie may be different. LOL.

Adog
04-23-2014, 07:55 PM
I don't go to public ranges, but when friends and family get to see an AK it's the same thing. First they get a big smile, then they want to hold it, then they want to shoot it. The Desert Eagle pistol has the same effect.
My cousin let his 10 year old boys shoot my rommie AK, they loved every bit of that. I'd say there are 2 kinds of gun owners; those that own an AK, and those that want to.

imanaknut
04-23-2014, 08:00 PM
Try showing up at a range with a Steyr AUG! :D

FunkyPertwee
04-23-2014, 08:10 PM
Back in the day my AKs stood out in a crowd of fudd guns, now they stand out in a crowd of ARs.

El Laton Caliente
04-23-2014, 08:14 PM
You guys don't shoot with the right people...lol...

fez
04-23-2014, 08:22 PM
Adog you are right about those that want one. Ar's and ak's were kinda out of my price range when I got back into firearms a few years ago. I literally stumbled across this one in a pawn shop. I wasn't even looking for one. Wood needed some patching. It was filthy diirty. Needed some bluing touch up. Worked out a trade and some cash. I figured it was now or never. It may be an ugly duckling even for an ak but it's mine,all mine. Bwahahahahaha.

fez
04-23-2014, 08:31 PM
By the way my wife,who is ok with guns but not an enthusiast,almost had a s--t hemorrhage. Had a hard time convincing her that atf was not coming for us. It does that to people. Ain't it grand. LOL

fez
04-23-2014, 08:38 PM
I'm on a roll now. They say a shotgun or racking one will scare a bad guy. I betcha when they see an ak aimed at them that will put the fear of God in them. LOL.