PDA

View Full Version : Friend cut off the Barrel of a Norinco, now it shoots 2 feet left at 100 yards!

torasperry
04-26-2014, 01:58 PM
Should he have a new Barrel installed, and I took it apart, found the Receiver band not flush on both sides, does that mean the pin is bent! Got to get this fixed, need some suggestions! Please!!!
He cut off the front 1/2" flush with the front sight! and would a picture help?

TEN-32
04-26-2014, 02:09 PM
Is your "friend's" name Bubba?

Silentkilla01
04-26-2014, 02:17 PM
Is your "friend's" name Bubba?

Roflmao!!!!!!!!!

stinker
04-26-2014, 02:20 PM

Pictures always help.

Did he recrown the barrel properly or just lop the end off with a saw and maybe file it a bit?
I'm putting my dollar on the saw btw.

Ten-32 has a good question too...
His name bubba?

Side note, he might want to break out the tape measure and cut a metal rod to exactly 16 inches.
Drop it in the barrel with the bolt all the way closed.
If the rod sticks out at all, he just made an illegal SBR.
Just sayin... A half inch can cost you 10.

l921428x
04-26-2014, 05:47 PM
Should he have a new Barrel installed, and I took it apart, found the Receiver band not flush on both sides, does that mean the pin is bent! Got to get this fixed, need some suggestions! Please!!!

where/how was it shooting before? oh and the short barrel thing is really real!

Schuetzenman
04-26-2014, 07:03 PM
Pictures always help.

Did he recrown the barrel properly or just lop the end off with a saw and maybe file it a bit?
I'm putting my dollar on the saw btw.

Ten-32 has a good question too...
His name bubba?

Side note, he might want to break out the tape measure and cut a metal rod to exactly 16 inches.
Drop it in the barrel with the bolt all the way closed.
If the rod sticks out at all, he just made an illegal SBR.
Just sayin... A half inch can cost you 10.

That's 10 years in a Fed Prison BTW and up to $250,000 bucks in fines.

jojo
04-26-2014, 10:00 PM
Try recrowning it first then you'll know if you need a new barrel.

El Laton Caliente
04-26-2014, 10:53 PM
And I thought the video thread was the worst one I'd look at tonight...

Your "friend" screwed up. If that (and it likely is) a 16" barreled AK, he owns a federal felony...

Krupski
04-27-2014, 02:14 AM

Get the rifle fixed immediately. AK and AKM rifles usually have 16 inch barrels.... your "friend's" rifle probably now has an illegal "less than 16 inch" barrel which will land him in Club Fed for 10 years or so.

Take the rifle to a gunsmith to have it fixed, don't take any pictures, don't post any pictures, don't tell anyone... just get it fixed immediately.

l921428x
04-27-2014, 04:26 AM
Get the rifle fixed immediately. AK and AKM rifles usually have 16 inch barrels.... your "friend's" rifle probably now has an illegal "less than 16 inch" barrel which will land him in Club Fed for 10 years or so.

Take the rifle to a gunsmith to have it fixed, don't take any pictures, don't post any pictures, don't tell anyone... just get it fixed immediately.

yup. :lol:

oh welcome to the forum by the way.

mrkalashnikov
04-27-2014, 08:17 AM
So a *cough* friend did this, eh? :tooth:

stinker
04-27-2014, 11:43 AM

Yeah...

I take back what i said before about pics always being useful.
That is very good advice.

rci2950
07-04-2014, 02:53 AM
Always amazes me what people will do. Like the assclown that ruined this swede Mauser i have here. Absolutely no point. Just ruin it for fun.