PDA

View Full Version : Y'all Ain't Gonna Believe Who's Still Around

hazmat
09-27-2010, 05:29 PM
In my search throughout the Algorian Intertubez for a FH for my x39 krink, I came across a name/face from the old days, and not necessarily a good one

For those who remember, the initials JKF ought to bring back memories, mostly bad ones.

For the new guys, JKF stands for Joe Ken Firearms, whose reputation for screwing over customers was famous, not only on the intertubez, but also on radio and TV.

Seems they are the only ones who can still get the Bulgarian 4 piece FH. So, against my better judgement, I ordered one. I know, I oughta be taken out behind the barn amd flogged, but given their claims, I thought I'd give them one more try.

The claim they're making is that they're one of the few who can still get them, and Arsenal hasn't had any in stock for 2 yrs. Probably a bullshit claim, but he says he's got another shipment coming in next week.

We'll see I guess. Fingers crossed, and I'll let everyone know whether I got screwed on the deal or not.

AKTexas
09-27-2010, 05:39 PM
Send me your address and I will mail you some Preparation H.

Best of luck.

mriddick
09-27-2010, 05:55 PM
I always find it amazing how gunowners forgive the worse business practices when someone has something we want.

Mark Ducati
09-27-2010, 05:58 PM
I said this too way back in the day.... I bought some stuff from JoeKen and had nothing but exceptional service.... I know, I was the EXCEPTION.

hazmat
09-27-2010, 06:06 PM
My dealings with them were 50/50. Of course that was when Andrew was still with them. Time will tell. If they come through, I'll let everyone know. If they don't I'll personally see to it that every firearms forum I'm on knows about it and them, yet again.

ATAK, Inc.
09-27-2010, 06:13 PM
I too was lucky, bought a Vector Polish AKMS from JKF's.

But, then again, it's a bit difficult to screw up someone else's product!

ubersoldate
09-27-2010, 06:18 PM
I remember when he supposedly had to take down his sign on his shop as so many people were showing up threatening him, he couldnt work.

He is a douche bag, a liar, and although I have nothing against those who use his service, I will not shed a tear when he BS's you and you get the run around.

No way in hell would I use his shady company.

hazmat
09-27-2010, 07:31 PM
If I get the run around, I'll be the first to tell everyone here that I was screwed. No crying over spilled milk, just straight up that I was fucked over and should have known better. Sound good?

Ppsh41
09-27-2010, 08:06 PM
I purchased a 11.5" AK rod and a Bulgarian sling from them this summer to go on an Arsenal SLR 107CR. Deal turned out ok, goods were as advertised but shipping was stiff.

F-16 CHIEF
09-27-2010, 09:45 PM
I have an AMD-65 built by them and it's 100% accurate and reliable.

I'm not a fan of how they welded the brake on, but I'll live.

sniper_n_training
09-28-2010, 08:15 PM
Hazmat, be careful. I remember back when I badmouthed the jerkoffs at Jokin', I was banned for a few days for putting down a forum advertiser, but seeing as they are no longer with us, allow me to say good fuckin' luck on getting your 4pc. FH. If it does show up, I think most of us will be surprised.

I bought a new 7.62 AK from them at the SAR show about 5yrs ago and it was a POS. I returned it to them to get another, and wouldnt you know it, the new one was also a POS. Finally I had enough of having to pay shipping and FFL fees, so I just requested my money back. It only took about 2 months of playing phone tag with some stupid bitch and Joe to get a refund for just the rifle sent to me.
Funny thing is, it was a personal check and when I went to the bank to cash it, there was not enough money in their account to cover it, so I got to wait another month or so for them to put the money into their account to cover the check.

Long story short, I hope your ready for either a long wait that ends with you being charged for the FH and never receiving it, or prepared for a long wait and MAYBE receiving it?

hazmat
09-28-2010, 09:10 PM
Like I said, I've had 50/50 luck with them. Got a SKS item from them no prob, but tried to order some '74 mags from them and got jack. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, this time.

AKTexas
09-28-2010, 09:13 PM
Like I said, I've had 50/50 luck with them. Got a SKS item from them no prob, but tried to order some '74 mags from them and got jack. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, this time.

I got my 74 mags on that deal they had.Got super lucky on that one.Andrew took my order and made sure it was taken care of.

hazmat
09-28-2010, 10:14 PM
Yeah, Andrew was the reason their reputation didn't tank sooner. He was a great guy to deal with. I stil see his ads in SGN. We'll see here in a couple of weeks I guess.l