PDA

View Full Version : Post any problem here in this thread.

gunsnetadmin
07-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Look around and test everything out.

Alex

Broondog
07-12-2010, 01:45 AM
so far i have noticed....

avatars not working, at least for some of us.

post counts are not cumulative, ie each post is in essence singular.

i can't find the skin change button.

that is all, for now.

L1A1Rocker
07-12-2010, 01:53 AM
Number of posts and the number of views do not seem to be correct. There are way fewer views than there are posts to a thread.

Broondog
07-12-2010, 02:00 AM
i have also noticed that the smiley page will not stick with me. i have to load it with every post. it used to stay as a separate button in my task bar.

lawnmowerdeth
07-12-2010, 02:06 AM
The clock seems to be set to bar-time. :)

Broondog
07-12-2010, 02:13 AM

that just means that it really IS Gunsnet! :laughingtohard:

L1A1Rocker
07-12-2010, 02:26 AM
Hey, how about adding Cevulirn's bouncing boobys smiley?

Gunreference1
07-12-2010, 08:22 AM

I see the same problem. I verified my profile is set to Mountain time with automatic DST selected but the forum clock is over an hour ahead of what it should be.

Steve

L1A1Rocker
07-12-2010, 12:06 PM
I've run into an issue a couple of times. If you hit the "Reply" button and type your stuff and post all is good. But if you hit the "advanced" button you loose everything you typed and have to re-type in the advanced mode.

Broondog
07-12-2010, 02:41 PM
"edit post" isn't working properly. i just tried it and all it did was send my cursor into the "quick reply" box.

BTW, i have the WYS***** whatever editor chosen in my settings.

and why is it that when i hit "reply to thread" or even just the "reply" button it always sends me to the quick reply box instead of into the standard editor?

gunsnetadmin
07-12-2010, 04:20 PM
"edit post" isn't working properly. i just tried it and all it did was send my cursor into the "quick reply" box.

BTW, i have the WYS***** whatever editor chosen in my settings.

and why is it that when i hit "reply to thread" or even just the "reply" button it always sends me to the quick reply box instead of into the standard editor?

Thats the way it is with the new version of vBulletin.. if you want the full editor, click on Go Advanced.

-Alex

gunsnetadmin
07-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Number of posts and the number of views do not seem to be correct. There are way fewer views than there are posts to a thread.

I had it set to update once an hour instead of immediately. Its been set to immediate.

-Alex

Zoff12
07-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Notifications don't seem to be working.

swampdragon
07-12-2010, 06:40 PM
I can't find the Survival Forum.
No avatar.
No style/theme change button.
Clock is wrong.

gunsnetadmin
07-12-2010, 11:43 PM
I can't find the Survival Forum.
No avatar.
No style/theme change button.
Clock is wrong.

PM Guns Network Staff for the "Survival Forum" as I dont set that up. Avatar should be good. Checking out the clock issue.

Thanks for the posts guys, I really appreciate you'all being patient and updating this thread. I'm working hard to resolve the issues.

swampdragon
07-13-2010, 01:25 AM
:thumbsup:
PM Guns Network Staff for the "Survival Forum" as I dont set that up. Avatar should be good. Checking out the clock issue.

Thanks for the posts guys, I really appreciate you'all being patient and updating this thread. I'm working hard to resolve the issues.

Thanks a lot.
Changed the theme to black.
Lookin' good so far.:thumbsup:

Broondog
07-13-2010, 02:07 AM
mmm, black is beautiful! :thumbsup:

that bright skin hurts my eyes.

Maser**
07-13-2010, 02:35 AM
Not seeing any problems. Just, when you can make it look more like the old gunsnet please. Thanks

swampdragon
07-13-2010, 02:50 AM
Not seeing any problems. Just, when you can make it look more like the old gunsnet please. Thanks

Just STFU please. Thanks.

abpt1
07-13-2010, 09:50 AM
Profile photo albums are set to 79k cant upload GNS shoot pics ..... Most of my picks are 800k-3 megs

swampdragon
07-14-2010, 09:05 PM
PICS PER POST limit = 4?

I'm trying to transfer a Land Navigation class to the Survival Forum.
The limit on pics is killing everything.
Can we get an increase on this?

Blacksmith
07-14-2010, 09:17 PM
It’s difficult to get around.
The original site had a home page that would allow me to view all the recent threads from all categories without having to search each individual category for new threads.

Gunreference1
07-14-2010, 09:33 PM
It’s difficult to get around.
The original site had a home page that would allow me to view all the recent threads from all categories without having to search each individual category for new threads.

When you enter the site there should be a 'New Posts' button to the far left of the site tool bar. This should be underneath The Guns Network logo. This should let you see all the new posts since your last visit.

Steve Mace

AKTexas
07-14-2010, 09:54 PM

By banning your ass you mean?

Other than the 4 pics per post limit.I'm going to have a aerial photo of my lost firearms that fell in the lake one weekend while I was out drinking as a passenger on a fishing boat.

gunsnetadmin
07-14-2010, 11:06 PM
By banning your ass you mean?

Other than the 4 pics per post limit.I'm going to have a aerial photo of my lost firearms that fell in the lake one weekend while I was out drinking as a passenger on a fishing boat.

My fault. Check again. I set it to 10.

AKTexas
07-14-2010, 11:08 PM
My fault. Check again. I set it to 10.

Thanks and the place looks good.

Blacksmith
07-15-2010, 02:03 PM
When you enter the site there should be a 'New Posts' button to the far left of the site tool bar. This should be underneath The Guns Network logo. This should let you see all the new posts since your last visit.

Steve Mace

I’ve been using that and it does help a lot. but not nearly as much as having all the recent threads available.
If this is just the way it is going to be, than I will get used to it. I just got spoiled with the old layout.

gunsnetadmin
07-15-2010, 08:45 PM
I’ve been using that and it does help a lot. but not nearly as much as having all the recent threads available.
If this is just the way it is going to be, than I will get used to it. I just got spoiled with the old layout.

what do you think of the "Forum Threads" block I added to the right on the main page?

Blacksmith
07-15-2010, 09:03 PM
what do you think of the "Forum Threads" block I added to the right on the main page?

I like it.
It does not work as well as having all the threads available on one page. one of the things I liked about that layout, is if I was gone for a few days I could thumb through the titles and go to the ones that caught my eye. but I’m not complaining. you are doing a great job and however it is laid out I will eventually get used to it.

imanaknut
07-18-2010, 04:17 PM
The clock is doing funny things. My real clock says 5:18PM, yet there are many posts into the 6:00PM period. If I answer a thread, instead of being the last post, the system is placing the post by the real time clock so I am answering some people before they ask the question!

imanaknut
07-18-2010, 04:19 PM
This thread shows the same issue. Sherman has a post timed at 5:23. gunsnetadmin has a post at 5:41, yet my post, written after theirs, came in by the real time clock and showed up ahead of theirs.

Sherman
07-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Unable to save result set in [path]/includes/class_core.php on line 413
On the General Discussion Forum
Sunday, July 18th 3:08pm

gunsnetadmin
07-18-2010, 04:41 PM
try again.

F-16 CHIEF
07-18-2010, 07:38 PM
Things seem to be looking good. I too am struggling with the image size limit. I need to reload PS and see if I can do a save for web and get it to that limit. I doubt it though. Thanks for the hard work brining it back up!

gunsnetadmin
07-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Things seem to be looking good. I too am struggling with the image size limit. I need to reload PS and see if I can do a save for web and get it to that limit. I doubt it though. Thanks for the hard work brining it back up!

what size are you looking to upload?

recon
07-19-2010, 02:42 PM
The site/pages are loading very slow right now.

gunsnetadmin
07-19-2010, 04:02 PM
The site/pages are loading very slow right now.

thats an ongoing thing.. working on it with vbulletin.

recon
07-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Thanks! By the way your doing a very good job on this site. Thank you.

gunsnetadmin
07-19-2010, 04:04 PM
Thanks! By the way your doing a very good job on this site. Thank you.

thanks! I'm hoping to resolve the on/off speed issues this week.