PDA

View Full Version : AP Exclusive: Western couple held in Afghanistan

5.56NATO
06-04-2014, 06:56 PM
WASHINGTON (AP) — The family of a pregnant American woman who went missing in Afghanistan in late 2012 with her Canadian husband received two videos last year in which the couple asked the U.S. government to help free them and their child from Taliban captors, The Associated Press has learned.
http://news.yahoo.com/ap-exclusive-western-couple-held-afghanistan-171124057--politics.html

Gato6 hours ago
Gee, let's go camping in a war zone filled with terrorists who do a whole lot of killing, and we'll treat them "properly" and of course they'll respond. Oh and I'll take my heavily pregnant wife along too. What part of LA LA land are these two from? Even journalists in Afghanistan travel with armed guards. Did these two think they were proving something? Maybe next time go live in a cave with a couple of Grizzly bears or Gum BA Yah it up with a pride of lions.

1 Patriot-of-many
06-04-2014, 07:02 PM
There's no limit to leftists naivete... cough cough LAGC, KADMOS

FunkyPertwee
06-04-2014, 07:43 PM
My sociology class last year (I had to go back and take it as a pre-req :() suggested that it was perfectly safe to do this, and recommended that more people go there for humanitarian purposes to help change hearts and minds and bring about global peace.

Not even joking.

I wanted to :barf:

Avanarts
06-04-2014, 10:31 PM
You just can't fix STUPID!

I don't even want to say how I reacted to those fools comparing this pair of sightseeing hippies to a captured soldier. Even if that soldier was a deserter.

"It would be no more appropriate to have our government turn their backs on their citizens than to turn their backs on those who serve," Patrick Boyle, a Canadian judge and the father of Joshua Boyle, said in a telephone interview.

There is a whole world of difference between "those who serve" and those who don't, although I suppose those who have never served will never see it.

Schuetzenman
06-05-2014, 05:41 AM
You just can't fix STUPID!
This.

TEN-32
06-05-2014, 08:30 AM
My sociology class last year (I had to go back and take it as a pre-req :() suggested that it was perfectly safe to do this, and recommended that more people go there for humanitarian purposes to help change hearts and minds and bring about global peace.

Not even joking.

I wanted to :barf:
I assume the professor shared his first hand experience from his trip to Afghanistan. Surely he wasn't just basing his comments on a theory. :smiley_pijp:

skorpion
06-05-2014, 11:15 AM
That's alright, Maobama will free 10 more terrorists in exchange for their immediate release. Oh, wait, make it 15 terrorists: The woman had a kid over there.

"They really and truly believed that if people were loved and treated with respect that that would be given back to them in kind," said Linda Boyle, Boyle's mother. "So as odd it as it may seem to us that they were there, they truly believed with all their heart that if they treated people properly, they would be treated properly."

Wow, wake up and join the real world, hippie. Anyone who thinks they can befriend a head-chopping Tali-wack is smoking some serious dope.

mrkalashnikov
06-05-2014, 11:54 AM
I must admit I was shocked to read of this incident. The Mrs & I were in the middle of planning an extended vaca in the 'stan with the kids this summer. I hear they have great sandy beaches over there.

FunkyPertwee
06-05-2014, 01:04 PM
I assume the professor shared his first hand experience from his trip to Afghanistan. Surely he wasn't just basing his comments on a theory.

She made us watch several pro-Islam propaganda pieces, including one about humanitarian people in A-stan who gave out vaccines in order to gain the trust of the Taliban.

:smiley_pijp:

There was no other way to get through such a class without my head exploding from the stupidity.

TEN-32
06-05-2014, 02:45 PM
She made us watch several pro-Islam propaganda pieces, including one about humanitarian people in A-stan who gave out vaccines in order to gain the trust of the Taliban.

There was no other way to get through such a class without my head exploding from the stupidity.
You do realize those humanitarians with the vaccines are CIA...?

FunkyPertwee
06-05-2014, 03:27 PM
You do realize those humanitarians with the vaccines are CIA...?

Many of them have been. There was actually an announcement just a few weeks ago that they were discontinuing that practice because it was causing actual humanitarians to be harmed as the Taliban had lost a lot of trust in them over the past few years.

The ones we had to watch were part of the "one day on peace" movement backed by the U.N.

I promise I received no indoctrination in that class. I was a returning student coming back from full-time employment, not an empty headed 18 year old ready to be filled with propaganda.

studmuffin
06-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Doesnt anybody remember that it was a big demoncrap campaign promise to close gitmo and release all the (cough cough) freedom fighters that the evil bush villians had imprisoned. Yup some folks are that nieve.

alismith
06-05-2014, 05:04 PM
Many of them have been. There was actually an announcement just a few weeks ago that they were discontinuing that practice because it was causing actual humanitarians to be harmed as the Taliban had lost a lot of trust in them over the past few years.

The ones we had to watch were part of the "one day on peace" movement backed by the U.N.I promise I received no indoctrination in that class. I was a returning student coming back from full-time employment, not an empty headed 18 year old ready to be filled with propaganda.

Total annihilation of all Islamists would go a long way towards that "one day of peace" thing the UN wants.

I know I'd celebrate it. Would probably be a lot of bacon, pork chops, and ham involved, too....oh, yeah, forgot the beer. You can't have a real celebration without beer.

:lets-drink: :dazzler: