PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I find a used 10/22?

kimberkid
06-06-2014, 01:16 AM
I've had as many as 5-6 of these at one time, but now all I've got is one, and it's tricked out with a Fagen stock, Clark barrel bla, bla, bla ...

My 11 year old grandson is coming to town this weekend, in the past we've only shot bb & pellet guns ... but this year we'er moving up to the venerable 22LR. He probably wouldn't drop it, but he is a bit awkward.

My first real gun was a 10/22 so that's what I'd like to start him with and I know I can pick up a new one for a couple hundred, but I was thinking we could not only shoot it, but trick it out to his liking ... I'd at least like to put a threaded barrel on it so we can shoot it suppressed. I've been to or called every gun & pawn shop for 50 miles, asked all my friends, and no one has a used 10/22 they'll sell.

When he leaves, or more likely I break down and buy a new one, at least 2-3 used ones will show up :(

FunkyPertwee
06-06-2014, 01:21 AM
Ruger 10-22 rifles have been in high demand since all the gun control BS started back up last year.

l921428x
06-06-2014, 03:02 AM
in the middle east they heard you could shoot down helicopters with them. that is a gunsnet joke iffin you don't know.
I really wouldn't know. I guess you tried the pawn shops and such, but call again today. good luck.

ready
06-12-2014, 06:08 PM
Probably because they're so cheap to begin with there's not much motive to sell one or buy one used.

El Laton Caliente
06-12-2014, 08:20 PM
I got a SS model with a laminated stock for $200 at a gun show last year... came with a scope & sling.