PDA

View Full Version : Identify

FrankM
06-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Hi everyone,

I made a post a few months ago about my 1911 but I wasn't able to upload pics. So here is the same post but with pics. Thanks!

I recently purchased a Smith & Wesson 1911. The gun is the same as all the others i have seen with one difference. There is no writing on the slide. On all the S&W 1911's i have seen, they all have the name on the left of the slide. Mine has no writing at all. I tried to google info about it but have found nothing.

Can anyone tell me what I have here. Is it a special edition?

The only marking I found on the slide was on the inside near the firing pin. A Small S can be seen.

Thanks for the info,
Frank

imanaknut
06-06-2014, 03:44 PM
Just to let you know someone has looked, and even though I can't help you that is an interesting pistol.

Many manufacturers have a place on their website where you can find out about your firearm by entering it's serial number. you might try the S&W website and see what they have. If not you might have to call them to get info.

ltorlo64
06-06-2014, 04:13 PM
I agree, that is a nice looking 1911. I could not find anything on a plane slide S&W though. Maybe the slide is aftermarket?

FrankM
06-06-2014, 05:20 PM
I was thinking it could be aftermarket but its finish matches perfectly to the frame. Also, there are no markings at all other than that S. Also compared to the pics on the S&W website, it is identical other than there are no markings. Thanks for the info guys.

ltorlo64
06-06-2014, 07:50 PM
I was thinking it could be aftermarket but its finish matches perfectly to the frame. Also, there are no markings at all other than that S. Also compared to the pics on the S&W website, it is identical other than there are no markings. Thanks for the info guys.

I noticed the same thing. Looks exactly the same except there is nothing on the slide. Hopefully someone else will have some information.