PDA

View Full Version : My student went to China last Tuesday morning.....

Ruskiegunlover
06-08-2014, 12:49 PM
I was at the airport about 6 am, accidentally an hour early. Read, hung out until she arrived. Girl was very excited, if anything she got to get away from her home stuff for 10 days. Should be back I believe the 13th, and I intend to check in with her. There were some parent issues, and you guys would be amazed at the lack of parent appreciation my colleague and I got for what we did for her. Don't get me wrong, I don't care....just amazed at some peoples social skills. If I were in this situation, and two teachers loved and respected my kid so much they contributed their own money and then raised even more so my kid could go out of the country, I'd be humbled and extremely appreciative. But not even a thank you. Attitude is what we got actually. Its all good though, I am not worried about it, as I know this young lady is going to have a great time over there. Its going to really open her world up. Those of you who contributed, know she is over in China right now, with one of her best friends, on a trip most kids would never have a chance at. Without your help, she might not have been able to go. Again, I am happy to email those of you who contributed the thank you letter she gave me.

Kind of a tough situation, but it all worked out.

FunkyPertwee
06-08-2014, 12:56 PM
I'm happy to hear about your success in this.

Keep up the good work you do.

1 Patriot-of-many
06-08-2014, 03:18 PM
Excellent! Sad about the Parent appreciation. We would never forget people helping us out like that. Today's society is just wrong in many ways. Hope she has a great time, and thank you for what you did.

El Duce
06-08-2014, 04:05 PM
Hope that she has the time of her life!