PDA

View Full Version : UT - Concealed weapons threaten campus safety

Gunreference1
09-29-2010, 06:13 AM
Concealed weapons threaten campus safety

By Rebecca Rasmussen

Published: Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Updated: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:09

As I walked to class, a yellow flier pinned on a bulletin board caught my eye. The brightly colored piece of paper announced the time and place for the next Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Course. For the discounted price of $39.99, I could complete the most difficult step in the process of obtaining a concealed weapons permit, meaning I could be carting my own weapon to class in no time. I turned away from the flier and proceeded into a crowded lecture hall, where I was then uncomfortably aware of the fact that any of the individuals filing into the auditorium could have a concealed weapon in their possession.

According to Scott D. Folsom, the U's department of public safety chief of police, prior to 2006 the U had a policy of zero tolerance for weapons of any kind on campus, regardless of whether the carrier had a permit.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.dailyutahchronicle.com/opinion/concealed-weapons-threaten-campus-safety-1.2345464#4

Steve

sisyphus
09-29-2010, 09:13 PM
Yeah........of course. We all know it's the GUNZ that do the harm.

Liberalism is undeniablly a mental disorder. No hope for them without them having to go through a social enema like Darfur, Rwanda, The Balkans or what the disarmed Jews experienced in Europe in the 30's and 40's. Even then there's a chance they'd still choose to be the lemmings they are and run over the cliff, taking what's left of the country with them.

Prometheus168
09-29-2010, 10:14 PM
Yep.. thats how them T-sips think......

Rusty