PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Lois Lerner’s emails likely gone forever

5.56NATO
06-19-2014, 09:04 AM
Ex-IRS official Lois Lerner’s crashed hard drive has been recycled, making it likely the lost emails of the lightening rod in the tea party targeting controversy will never be found, according to multiple sources.

“We’ve been informed that the hard drive has been thrown away,” Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah, the top Republican on the Finance Committee, said in a brief hallway interview.

Two additional sources told POLITICO the same late Wednesday, citing IRS officials.

It may just be standard government procedure, but the revelation is significant because some lawmakers and observers thought there was a way that tech experts could revive Lerner’s emails after they were washed away in a computer crash in the summer of 2011. House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), for example, subpoenaed her damaged hard drive earlier this week, when he asked for “all hard drives, external drives, thumb drives and computers” and “all electronic communication devices the IRS issued to Lois G. Lerner.”

“IT experts have weighed in and said yes — we can get those” emails, said Rep. Charles Boustany (R-La.) earlier Wednesday.
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/irs-lois-lerner-emails-108044.html#ixzz355s3eSQZ

White House hits back in IRS-Lois Lerner flap

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/white-house-irs-lois-lerner-108030.html#ixzz355siW79S
The Obama administration on Wednesday struck back against Republican charges of an IRS cover-up by revealing that it found no direct emails between former IRS official Lois Lerner and White House officials in a search conducted for lawmakers.

“We conducted a search for responsive documents and were unable to identify any communications between Lois Lerner and persons within the [Executive Office of the President] during the requested period,” reads a Wednesday letter obtained by POLITICO from White House counsel W. Neil Eggleston and addressed to Senate Finance Chairman Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) and House Ways and Means Chairman Dave Camp (R-Mich.).
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/white-house-irs-lois-lerner-108030.html#ixzz355sYZ9KT

Schuetzenman
06-19-2014, 09:21 AM
Bullfuckingshit! Emails are not stored on desktop PC's. They are stored on Servers and all that gets backed up every night. They are lying their asses off. The whole administration from DOJ, FBI and the Oval Office are corrupt Law Breakers. They all need to be rounded up and put in jail!

sevlex
06-19-2014, 09:49 AM
Jail, my ass!

We need boiled rope and lamp posts!

:hungio8::hungio8::hungio8:

Helen Keller
06-19-2014, 09:57 AM
bet they wont lose your tax records.

Most corrupt bullshit and everyone can see right through it.

One more reason the IRS needs to go .

Oswald Bastable
06-19-2014, 03:50 PM
Have we reached the "18 1/2 minutes of erased tape" level yet?

alismith
06-19-2014, 04:44 PM

Yeah, it does appear to have a direct link to those "missing" phone tape minutes from the Nixon Era.

I can still, mentally, see that front page pic of his secretary stretched out across her table/desk with her foot, accidentally, pressing the erase button as she reaches for something way on the other side of her desk....at least Nixon's staff had a photo of how it "happened."

This is the best Obamanation can do? Amateurish, at best.

Oswald Bastable
06-19-2014, 05:27 PM
To quote Hitlery, "What did the president know and when did he know it?"

tank_monkey
06-19-2014, 05:42 PM
Here' one thing: They "CLAIM" that they never keep records for more than 6 months. REALLY? How come I have to keep Tax records for TEN YEARS? Though most Audits are for the last three years, the IRS states in their regulations that they have t he right to demand all your PROOF of tax Write-offs for TEN (10) years!!!!!!

imanaknut
06-19-2014, 06:44 PM
Dear IRS, I scanned in every receipt I had, and every piece of paperwork. Unfortunately my hard drive crashed so you will have to cancel the audit. Somehow I doubt they would buy it from me, but we the people must buy this crap from them?

Does this country even have a department of justice anymore?

Gunner1558
06-19-2014, 07:10 PM
Lois Lerner is praying that she doesn't disappear along with her hard drive!

Zero could have her erased easier than the hard drive in question.

tank_monkey
06-20-2014, 03:26 PM
Lois Lerner is praying that she doesn't disappear along with her hard drive!

Zero could have her erased easier than the hard drive in question.

Do you remember the origins of the nickname "Zero" for Obama? I was curious.

5.56NATO
06-20-2014, 03:31 PM
To quote Hitlery, "What did the president know and when did he know it?"

Well said my brutha.

Gunner1558
06-20-2014, 07:42 PM
Do you remember the origins of the nickname "Zero" for Obama? I was curious.

Have seen it in the past and feel it well describes the resident,so I use it occasionally.

Zero morals, zero common sense, zero responsibility, for openers.

1 Patriot-of-many
06-20-2014, 08:07 PM
6 of Kadmos's friends now have similar hard drive crashes as investigators zero in on the Zero. What amazing odds! I'm sure the apologist for the regime has an explanation how this happens to six people all of a sudden being investigated.....

Oswald Bastable
06-20-2014, 08:24 PM
And all six drives had to be destroyed for some reason...cuz you know, they were too dangerous in an inoperative condition.

El Laton Caliente
06-20-2014, 08:34 PM

No, we have reached the 2 years times 6 people of interest, that would be twelve years vs. 18˝ minutes...

Torches, rope, tar and feathers.... not in that order...

Gunreference1
08-25-2014, 05:16 PM
And the real answer is...

http://www.cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/curtis-kalin/judicial-watch-doj-admits-lois-lerner-s-emails-do-exist-gov-t-backup-system?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Marketing&utm_term=Facebook&utm_content=Facebook&utm_campaign=B-IRS-Scandal-Emails-Stored

Steve

LAGC
08-25-2014, 10:17 PM
I want to see those e-mails. I bet dollars-to-donuts Occupy was targeted for harassment as well.

Oswald Bastable
08-25-2014, 10:43 PM
I want to see those e-mails. I bet dollars-to-donuts Occupy was targeted for harassment as well.

I'd bet donuts-to-dollars you're wrong.

JTHunter
08-25-2014, 11:11 PM
Jail, my ass!

We need boiled rope and lamp posts!

:hungio8::hungio8::hungio8:

How about a wet leather strap wrapped snugly around the throat while they are staked out spread-eagle on a fire ant mound? :firedevil:

I'd bet donuts-to-dollars you're wrong.

I'll take part of that bet!

mrkalashnikov
08-26-2014, 05:15 AM
And the real answer is...

http://www.cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/curtis-kalin/judicial-watch-doj-admits-lois-lerner-s-emails-do-exist-gov-t-backup-system?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Marketing&utm_term=Facebook&utm_content=Facebook&utm_campaign=B-IRS-Scandal-Emails-Stored

Steve

I love this guy's observation in the Comments section for that article:

"I would think, with a Backup, as with my company...it's just...PRESSING 4-6 KEYS, and BOOM...here they are...Mystery Emails...APPEAR!
BUT...THIS IS THE...U.S. GOVERNMENT!!!

We could retrieve them just by asking the CHINESE for copies!"

1 Patriot-of-many
08-26-2014, 05:48 AM
My question is when the House R's are going to get serious and start putting people in jail for perjury and people in the NSA, IRS ect under indictment and forcing them to put up or completely defund these democrat hacks.

sevlex
08-26-2014, 09:07 AM
Elections have consequences. This November it's imperative the Repubs take control of the senate. Then things will start happening.