PDA

View Full Version : Aurora Borealis minimum in its third year... what's up with this?

O.S.O.K.
09-29-2010, 11:06 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100928/sc_afp/finlandenvironmentsciencearctic_20100928164050

As the article states, the Aurora Borealis cycles with the solar wind cycle which is an 11 year cylce. It cycles from low intensity and frequency to high intensity and frequency. The last minum was 2008 and it should have started to increase since then - going into another cycle. But it hasn't - its just now showing a slight increase... which is unusual. Aparently, its usually a "clockwork" kind of thing...

So, reading this article, I couldn't help but think about 2012 and the polar reversal theory which would of course cause anomolies in our magnetic sphere - which is what interacts with the solar wind to give us the northern lights...

ATAK, Inc.
09-29-2010, 11:19 AM
A 'polar reversal' would be a real bad thing. It is not an instantanuous thing and could possibly be a collapse of our magnetoshere.

The solar cycle could be very minimal this time, or it could just be the calm before the storm. A real intense high cycle would be disasterous to the power grid.

At this point, most of it is all guesswork, we got two years to figure it out.

I really think that it is printerman, he is actually in possession of the fish scalar weapon and accidentially pointed it at the sun. We are all doomed!

O.S.O.K.
09-29-2010, 11:31 AM
Printerman? That rat bastard. I should have known. :lol:

I was thinking it was the sasquatch - getting even with us for encroaching on their habitat... :D

As to the polar reversal, yeah I seem to remember that it was something that took several decades or longer to happen? That would really be some shit times right there - mass extinction including us if we didn't get some people off of the planet to colonize the moon or something...

ATAK, Inc.
09-29-2010, 11:52 AM
Printerman? That rat bastard. I should have known. :lol:

I was thinking it was the sasquatch - getting even with us for encroaching on their habitat... :D

As to the polar reversal, yeah I seem to remember that it was something that took several decades or longer to happen? That would really be some shit times right there - mass extinction including us if we didn't get some people off of the planet to colonize the moon or something...

The only way to survive without the van allen belt would be underground or underwater, neither of which sounds like fun. Maybe the radiation will cause those who stay out in it to turn into zombies and it will be open season at night.

I think it was p-man, he tried to think logically and his brain collapsed into a black hole, and with light reflected off of swamp gas and weather balloons, caused a refraction of light so now the sun is being sucked into that black hole.

imanaknut
09-29-2010, 12:12 PM
Nope, the whole problem is exactly as I predicted over the years! People have been messing with their imported rifles, and by having more than 10 imported parts are causing just what I predicted, the sun is getting ready to explode ending all life in this area.

All because of that imported flash hider!!!!

Krupski
09-29-2010, 12:18 PM
Nope, the whole problem is exactly as I predicted over the years! People have been messing with their imported rifles, and by having more than 10 imported parts are causing just what I predicted, the sun is getting ready to explode ending all life in this area.

All because of that imported flash hider!!!!

OK ok! I'm sorry! I'll replace the floorplates in my mags! Hope it's not too late...

O.S.O.K.
09-30-2010, 08:07 PM
Finally!! :coffee: