PDA

View Full Version : I Can't Believe This Shit Makes the Front Page at CNN

LAGC
09-30-2010, 12:14 AM
Talk about sleazy reporting... link from the front page of CNN right now:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2010/09/29/ng.pot.laced.rice.krispie.treat.cnn?hpt=T2

This happened in my neck of the woods: 4-year-old eats pot-laced Rice Krispy treat, gets hospitalized over it, parents get charged with felony injury to a child.

Something tells me the reason the kid got sick had more to do with how old and stale the treat was, NOT the fact that it was laced with marijuana... talk about fear-mongering, lowest-common-denominator reporting.

Nancy Grace is such a tool.

Oswald Bastable
09-30-2010, 12:27 AM

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2010/09/29/ng.pot.laced.rice.krispie.treat.cnn?hpt=T2

This happened in my neck of the woods: 4-year-old eats pot-laced Rice Krispy treat, gets hospitalized over it, parents get charged with felony injury to a child.

Something tells me the reason the kid got sick had more to do with how old and stale the treat was, NOT the fact that it was laced with marijuana... talk about fear-mongering, lowest-common-denominator reporting.

What's the problem with parents being charged with abuse for allowing their child to eat something the child should never have gotten their hands on? Would you feel the same if the child had eaten a bottle of Flintstone's Vitamins, or half a bottle of Aspirin?

The fact is, parents who fail to care properly for their children, should be relieved of their children.

mriddick
09-30-2010, 06:54 AM
We really need to make it easier to get kids away from negectful/abusive parents.

Mark Ducati
09-30-2010, 06:56 AM
That's no different than spiking your child's sippy cup juice with liquor to make them fall asleep. WRONG.

AKTexas
09-30-2010, 07:08 AM

You are a moron,now go kill yourself for the sake of all humanity.

Edit:What makes you think it is perfectly okay for a parent to not give a damn about the welfare of their child?Are you in the mindset that the government should step in a take care of the rearing of our children so we can sit back,get high,check out,and forget about our responsibilities?

I'm sure you are used to the government telling what to do each and everyday.That shit happens when you break the law.You go to prison/jail,the guards and the system own your ass,they tell when to sleep,when to get up,when to eat,and when you can use the bathroom.You like being told what to do,you like being a blight upon the rest of society.You are a piece of shit,lowlife degenerate scum,that plagues humanity with bullshit.

Warhog01
09-30-2010, 09:37 AM
You are a moron,now go kill yourself for the sake of all humanity.

+1 and do it soon you oxygen thief.

El Jefe
09-30-2010, 10:03 AM

So I take it you have no problem with 4 year olds getting high? Even tho they have no idea what they're doing, and we really don't know what the developmental long term ramifications could be for the child?

Are you really as evil and clueless as you come across here, or have you actually never thought anything through in your pathetic life?

Is this just going to be another driveby hit by you? As in you throw out a troll post and then don't bother to revisit the thread to answer for your actions. I think everybody here sees the pattern to your assholeishness.

elkydriver
09-30-2010, 12:50 PM

Agreed, however, the magic rice krispy treat had no place being where a child could get to it. No issues with adults eating them, but kids, no thanks

Dr. Gonzo GED
09-30-2010, 01:12 PM
Would you feel the same way if the child had od' on a phentonil lollipop?

How about if the child found a loaded gun and shot itself?

As much an advocate of weed as I am, letting your kid get his hands on your drugs is definitely negligence.

Dr_Scholl
09-30-2010, 01:54 PM
I've had my share of pot brownies, but giving something like that to a 4 year old is just wrong.

El Duce
09-30-2010, 02:39 PM
Agreed, however, the magic rice krispy treat had no place being where a child could get to it. No issues with adults eating them, but kids, no thanks

Same here. I woul have no problem having the parents charged with neglect.

LAGC
09-30-2010, 09:44 PM
Guys, my point is that the issue over the treat being laced with marijuana is a red herring. Leave any piece of food out long enough and it will make you sick if you eat it. I'm not saying the parents shouldn't be charged, but whether or not the stale food had marijuana in it is a non-issue, its just propaganda on Nancy Grace's part trying to demonize marijuana -- "See, it makes you sick!"

mriddick
09-30-2010, 09:48 PM
Guys, my point is that the issue over the treat being laced with marijuana is a red herring. Leave any piece of food out long enough and it will make you sick if you eat it. I'm not saying the parents shouldn't be charged, but whether or not the stale food had marijuana in it is a non-issue, its just propaganda on Nancy Grace's part trying to demonize marijuana.

I'd have to say BS a crispy treat could probably be left out for a year and not be spoiled with the amount of sugar in it. They use sugar as a preservative in many foods you know. The kid got sick because the treats as made would make them sick, it didn't take them going spoiled to do that. I think you're the one off on a red herring hunt...

ATAK, Inc.
09-30-2010, 10:35 PM
I'd have to say BS a crispy treat could probably be left out for a year and not be spoiled with the amount of sugar in it. They use sugar as a preservative in many foods you know. The kid got sick because the treats as made would make them sick, it didn't take them going spoiled to do that. I think you're the one off on a red herring hunt...

If that's the case, if I double my sugar intake, within 10 years I'll preserved, or dead! lol

LAGC
09-30-2010, 10:39 PM

Well, if you believe the parents, the treat was close to 3 years old. There's no telling what kinds of bacteria could have accumulated over that period of time, sugar or not. I just think its rather presumptuous to assume it was the pot, and only the pot, that made him sick...

If the parents were smart, they would have said nothing about the pot, just told the paramedics that he ate some REALLY old food and got sick. Then this whole thing would be a non-issue, but they mention "pot" and the media goes absolutely APE-SHIT over it. I guess I just question why this is front-page worthy news...

Oswald Bastable
10-01-2010, 04:18 AM
Well, if you believe the parents, the treat was close to 3 years old. There's no telling what kinds of bacteria could have accumulated over that period of time, sugar or not. I just think its rather presumptuous to assume it was the pot, and only the pot, that made him sick...

If the parents were smart, they would have said nothing about the pot, just told the paramedics that he ate some REALLY old food and got sick. Then this whole thing would be a non-issue, but they mention "pot" and the media goes absolutely APE-SHIT over it. I guess I just question why this is front-page worthy news...

Yeah, right...pot krispy eating parents would let one sit around, uneaten, for three years...

If anyone's gullible here, it's you. Ever think the parents lied about how old it was? Flower children idiiots, somehow not believing that pot in a krispy treat could ever make a four-year-old child sick...thus it had to be something else?

By the by...it made the front page because it was about a kid harmed by parental negligence. It had nothing to do with pot. If you don't believe me, go back and look at how many times kids harmed being left sweltering in cars in the summer by negligent parents, made it to the front page

mriddick
10-01-2010, 05:50 AM
If that's the case, if I double my sugar intake, within 10 years I'll preserved, or dead! lol

Ever see a bag of sugar spoil? :)

AK_Apostle
10-01-2010, 08:27 AM
I don't want the stinkin government telling every parent how to raise their kids or have it be able to take a kid away because a kid found something and ate it. Whats comes next? Kids being to fat, kids being to dumb? kids that aren't the right weight and height.

Give the government an inch and it always takes a 1000 miles.... Yes bad things happen to children because of worthless parents, always has been the case and always will be no matter how many laws are made or are on the books. Then you have the government employee who loves his cushy job and wants to keep so bad he is willing to fabricate and color evidence to make it look like his position is necessary. You can't stop bad things from happening to children no matter how may laws are on the books..

The important thing is not to empower the government anymore than is necessary.

It's one of those be careful what you ask for you might get it type of things.

mriddick
10-01-2010, 09:28 AM
I'm of the opposite belief, if a parent has been shown to not be able to raise their kids, take them away and give them to someone who can (and do something so the parents can't have more while you're at it).

Dr. Gonzo GED
10-01-2010, 12:09 PM

Not possible. THC deteriorates after about a year. There's no way that kid could have gotten high from a three year old edible.

AK_Apostle
10-01-2010, 12:35 PM
I've read about and seen on TV the pain and anguish good parents go through when they get caught up in a rouge child care system that takes their kids over lies and one time accidents that in a perfect world wouldn't happen.

$Andres-_-Paul$
10-01-2010, 01:03 PM
hahaha pee test

AK_Apostle
10-01-2010, 01:04 PM
What I'm getting at is I wouldn't want to see good parents lose their kids over a do-gooder or over rules that become so ridiculous and difficult to adhere most parents couldn't.

mriddick
10-01-2010, 01:13 PM
My problem with children services is how they use the children to get bad parents to behave, kids IMO should not be used as a treat to parents who basically don't know how to raise them or want them. The do at times seem more preoccupided with good parents who make a mistake VS the serially bad parents who should never of had children.