PDA

View Full Version : Hippy Era, Billy Jack and Woodstock

jet3534
08-15-2014, 10:50 PM
I was watching a TV show last night on the hippy era and for some reason I was reminded of the Billy Jack movies. Most people remember the classic Billy Jack Ice Cream parlor scene, but here is something even funnier. Can anyone identify the rifle Billy Jack shoots the biker with? I am thinking a Mauser of some kind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ-KIxyRtTA

Speaking of the hippy era, I am probably the only person here who was at Woodstock in 1969. Unlike most of the attendees I brought food, i.e., one bottle of wine and a bag of potato chips. As far as my memory goes, the entire three days is more or less a total blackout for whatever reason.

studmuffin
08-16-2014, 03:54 PM
Tom Laughlin was a pretty odd guy. After he made some movies he became a legend in his own mind and pretty much screwed up his life an career. His first movie was a biker flick called the born loser.

jet3534
08-16-2014, 04:06 PM
The oldest movie I ever saw that Laughlin was in was the musical South Pacific circa 1957. He plays a PBY pilots at the beginning of the movie.

Silentkilla01
08-16-2014, 04:24 PM
Tom Laughlin was a pretty odd guy. After he made some movies he became a legend in his own mind and pretty much screwed up his life an career. His first movie was a biker flick called the born loser.

Tom Laughlin is pretty sain compared to tiny Tim though. Lol