PDA

View Full Version : Police Chief in Small Texas Town Killed During Traffic Stop

LAGC
08-24-2014, 12:36 AM
ELMENDORF, Texas -- The police chief of this small town was shot and killed Saturday while trying to arrest a suspect, authorities said.

Elmendorf Police Chief Michael Pimentel was shot once in the shoulder and once in the abdomen, Sgt. Jason Burchett told the San Antonio Express-News.

Bexar County Sheriff Susan Pamerleau confirmed that Pimentel had died.

Elmendorf is a town of around 1,500 about 25 miles southeast of San Antonio.

Pamerleau told the Express-News that a 24-year-old man was taken into custody and will face a charge of capital murder of a police officer.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/08/23/texas-police-chief-killed-during-traffic-stop/14515849/

I was reading in an another article earlier (can't find it again) that the perp was only wanted on a misdemeanor warrant for graffiti vandalism.

Are you fucking serious right now? You shoot a cop just to avoid being arrested on a petty misdemeanor warrant? Facing maybe 6 months locked up at most?

I think part of the problem is that many people who have never been to jail think it's this horrible place where all sorts of abuse goes on. (Okay, maybe living in one of Sheriff's Joe's tents qualifies...) -- so they go to great lengths to avoid it.

Either that or the perp was just straight up mentally ill or something. In any case, he just turned that 6 months into a Death sentence, knowing Texas. "Capital murder of a police officer."

What a waste of a life. Two lives.

:thumbsdown:

LAGC
08-24-2014, 12:41 AM
More info from a local news station: http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/San-Antonio-area-police-officer-shot-at-traffic-stop-272431001.html

miketx
08-24-2014, 03:16 AM
maybe he found out the cop was dem.

1 Patriot-of-many
08-24-2014, 03:55 AM
Somehow i don't think your motive here was sympathy for the LEO, I think it was to get a dig into the best Sheriff in the US.

LAGC
08-24-2014, 04:42 AM
Somehow i don't think your motive here was sympathy for the LEO, I think it was to get a dig into the best Sheriff in the US.

Well, you're at least partially right, I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for crooked sheriffs who deny people their Eighth Amendment rights, but it was more incredulity at someone turning such a minor misdemeanor warrant into a capital offense.

I can only hope the perp was suffering from mental illness and not thinking rationally at the time.

ltorlo64
08-24-2014, 08:00 AM
And we wonder why police are skittish.

alismith
08-24-2014, 08:04 AM
Well, you're at least partially right, I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for crooked sheriffs who deny people their Eighth Amendment rights, but it was more incredulity at someone turning such a minor misdemeanor warrant into a capital offense.

I can only hope the perp was suffering from mental illness and not thinking rationally at the time.

Then, he should be found guilty by reason of insanity.

Schuetzenman
08-24-2014, 08:40 AM
We shoot mad dogs don't we? Meaning, the crazy bugger that shot the Chief should be put down, no getting a soft cushy life in a nut-house.

El Jefe
08-24-2014, 11:04 AM
And we wonder why police are skittish.

Yep.

FunkyPertwee
08-24-2014, 12:15 PM
He probably did it because your homeboys in the white house and the propaganda department (American media) have convinced ethnic minorities and lower class individuals that the police are engaging in a war against them, arresting and killing them for no reason.

El Laton Caliente
08-24-2014, 12:23 PM
I'll repost my post from elsewhere...

Sorry, but the numbers don't lie. In the last 5 years there has been over 600,000 felonies in Texas committed by illegal foreign nationals, almost all from Mexico and Central America. This includes 6,000 rapes and 3,000 murders. Tagging is a good sign of gang affiliation. MM, MS13 and others are active in that area.

I37, I35 and US181 are drug corridor highways. Elmendorf, Texas is located between I35 and US181 and not far from I37.

People don't often shoot police for no reason and misdemeanor tagging isn't much of a reason.

Yes, it could have been just a local meth-head, but there is as good or better chance it wasn't.