PDA

View Full Version : LAGC, from what you said in the picture thread

El Laton Caliente
08-24-2014, 10:43 PM
I wish some of you southerners would come out here and visit Idaho.

We don't have a very big African-American population, but of those who are here, almost all of them hail from the middle-class, came here for the jobs.

You don't see very many of them committing crimes and hardly any in prison at all.

All that crime and violence you see in certain major cities? It's not so much about race, but rather economics. When you have so many people packed into a tight area competing over very limited resources, crime and violence are bound to erupt.

I know it's easy to blame one race or another for rioting and looting when that's all the MSM shows on T.V., but stereotypes often only scratch the surface of what's really going on.

In any case, I don't want to derail this thread any further, I just concur with tank_monkey that it would be nice if we could keep it positive. At least in this thread.

You stereo type Southerners, then get most of the rest completely wrong. I've worked in the northern mid-west. If anything they are more prejudice than the south. If the people from the northeast I've worked with are any indication, they are far worse.

Research sociology and the great society. You will find the cultural difference favored people besides Blacks. This was intended.

Oswald Bastable
08-25-2014, 01:32 AM
You miss the bigger picture El Laton...

Lefty is advocating the spread of humanity, stating if humans have room to breathe, grow, achieve...that they will eschew the dynamics of crime, dysfunction, etc. as is seen in close packed cities...(by the by...rat studies have shown significant correlation between overcrowding and the behaviors attributed to overcrowded human environs)

Yet, everything the left desires is to compact us into as small a footprint on earth as possible, to reduce our impact on Gia, thereby assuring we become overcrowded savages...

Anything he says about ID is a lie, not because it isn't true of ID, but because it isn't true based on his leftist standards. Given half a chance he'd end any such gains by the spread of humanity, all for his leftist principles of destroying man to save the mother Gia.

Kadmos
08-25-2014, 02:31 AM
You miss the bigger picture El Laton...

Lefty is advocating the spread of humanity, stating if humans have room to breathe, grow, achieve...that they will eschew the dynamics of crime, dysfunction, etc. as is seen in close packed cities...(by the by...rat studies have shown significant correlation between overcrowding and the behaviors attributed to overcrowded human environs)

Yet, everything the left desires is to compact us into as small a footprint on earth as possible, to reduce our impact on Gia, thereby assuring we become overcrowded savages...

Anything he says about ID is a lie, not because it isn't true of ID, but because it isn't true based on his leftist standards. Given half a chance he'd end any such gains by the spread of humanity, all for his leftist principles of destroying man to save the mother Gia.

My rebuttal:

Japan.

l921428x
08-25-2014, 02:51 AM
the Japanese still have their problems and not all cultures are the same.

Oswald Bastable
08-25-2014, 03:24 AM
My rebuttal:

Japan.

So the incessant groping of women in subways, etc., you find normal?

Do some study of Japanese culture and you tell me if it is truly a formative and expansive version of humanity...and if you find it so, explain why, and also explain why they have a negative birth rate, declining economy...

Inferring here you have something beyond your meaningless 'rebuttal'.

Oh, and let's not forget that whole 'world domination', 'rape of 'Nanking' thing they did a while back...cuz you know, that was so normal for a densely packed society...

El Jefe
08-25-2014, 04:37 AM
Few things are stranger than Japan. At the rate they're going they'll be extinct in 100 years, after leaving behind a trail of weird seldom seen.

El Jefe
08-25-2014, 04:42 AM
Middle class and not in prison? So basically nothing like LAQC, loser emeritus.

Schuetzenman
08-25-2014, 06:17 AM

Made me LOL on this one.

On Japan and Japanese, most are very bizarre by Western US culture and thinking standards. Think crazy ants and you have an idea of their true nature. 100 years won't be enough to see them extinct (unless China attacks them). Their birth rate may be negative, but it should level out eventually.

LAGC
08-25-2014, 06:37 AM
Gosh, you guys. I take a break for 3 days, trying to enjoy the last weekend of summer break, and come back to this, being called out again in G.D. again. ;)

Let me just respond to a few comments:

Research sociology and the great society. You will find the cultural difference favored people besides Blacks. This was intended.

What few sociology courses I took over 10 years ago at the local university were hosted by a rabid (and I mean, RABID) neo-Marxian professor. Seriously, he made Trotsky look like a piker.

:laugh:

So I don't think you want me to bust out my old sociology textbooks and go off on a big tangent about how half-assed anti-poverty programs since the 60's never really lifted people up (by design), but rather just kept the lower-classes from rising up en masse. A "band-aid" solution if you will.

...leftist principles of destroying man to save the mother Gia.

I think it's spelled "Gaia." ;)

And I'm not a hard-core environmentalist or anything, but I do think we need to get our global population growth in check before Mother Nature does it for us. Because it won't be pretty.

Homo sapiens may currently have near-total dominion over Earth, but she'll keep chugging along just fine without us if needs be. Believe that.

Yep. And most of the few African-Americans that I did meet inside were from out-of-state, just "passing through" as it were.

You know what they say: "Come to Idaho on vacation, leave on probation." ;)

In any case, Fall Semester starts in just a few hours, my last semester at this "two-bit" community college before transferring back to a real university next year.

I'm "only" taking 12 credits, but I'm also working two part-time jobs for around 32 hours per week, so don't be offended if I don't respond to future call-outs in a timely manner. :zwinker12:

was_peacemaker
08-25-2014, 07:03 AM
I wish some of you southerners would come out here and visit Idaho.

We don't have a very big African-American population, but of those who are here, almost all of them hail from the middle-class, came here for the jobs.

You don't see very many of them committing crimes and hardly any in prison at all.

All that crime and violence you see in certain major cities? It's not so much about race, but rather economics. When you have so many people packed into a tight area competing over very limited resources, crime and violence are bound to erupt.

I know it's easy to blame one race or another for rioting and looting when that's all the MSM shows on T.V., but stereotypes often only scratch the surface of what's really going on.

In any case, I don't want to derail this thread any further, I just concur with tank_monkey that it would be nice if we could keep it positive. At least in this thread.

I wish you would come live down south for a while. Blacks in the south have been given tons, and tons of tax payer charity, bused all the way across counties so they can go to the nice suburban schools and a lot of them still have the you owe me something attitude. You're sympathies would not even for a second, be considered by blacks in Atlanta, Charlotte, Memphis or Birmingham. They would walk all over you, after they robbed you. Please come down south and stay a while. I have heard lectures like yours from yankees and mid-westerners before. Then after about two years down here they are singing a different tune. You're whole quote above sounds like the ramblings of a culturally sheltered individual.

You would have loved my high school, were some of the black kids threatened to beat up anyone wearing "heavy metal" band t-shirts because they assumed it was all racist. We told them off and wore them anyway. Or when your walking to class and about seven of them are standing in the hall rapping like its a barber shop quartet and they see you and get right in your face and rap like they are in a MTV video. I could go one and on and on.

LAGC
08-25-2014, 08:00 AM
Well, I did visit and stay in Georgia for a couple weeks for some point-of-sale software training for my job back then, just over 14 years ago.

The company was actually located in Kennesaw, but I flew through Atlanta.

It's definitely a strange feeling, emerging from that airplane and almost everyone working there African-American. Or coming out a back entrance from Underground Atlanta and seeing around 50 black folks just milling and sitting about a big outdoor atrium and you're the only white boy in sight. ;)

My main complaint with the south though (at least near the eastern coast) is just how damn hot and humid it is during those summer months. You take a shower and dry off and feel all sweaty still. :o

Anyway, I'm sure my perspective would be different if I actually had to live down there -- we're all shaped by our experiences in life, after all -- but it just grates me the wrong way when I see people resorting to using racial stereotypes, when there's usually much more to the story going on than what appears on the surface.

Kadmos
08-25-2014, 11:46 AM
So the incessant groping of women in subways, etc., you find normal?

Do some study of Japanese culture and you tell me if it is truly a formative and expansive version of humanity...and if you find it so, explain why, and also explain why they have a negative birth rate, declining economy...

Inferring here you have something beyond your meaningless 'rebuttal'.

Oh, and let's not forget that whole 'world domination', 'rape of 'Nanking' thing they did a while back...cuz you know, that was so normal for a densely packed society...

I'm saying densely packed does not necessarily mean insane or anything like that. Every place is going to have some problems as l921428x noted.

Nor do I think there is a link with "atrocities"...we killed a ton of Native Americans, rounded them up and pushed them halfway across a continent where there was a shit ton of elbow room.

I suspect some people were anthropomorphizing rats a bit in these studies.

Krupski
08-25-2014, 12:07 PM
I wish you would come live down south for a while. Blacks in the south have been given tons, and tons of tax payer charity, bused all the way across counties so they can go to the nice suburban schools and a lot of them still have the you owe me something attitude. You're sympathies would not even for a second, be considered by blacks in Atlanta, Charlotte, Memphis or Birmingham. They would walk all over you, after they robbed you. Please come down south and stay a while.

You're wasting your time. He's either had zero interactions with them, or else his need to be a bleeding heart liberal is greater than reality.

The mere fact that he uses the term "African American" says much.

Any "black" person in the USA who has slaves in their family tree is many more generations American than I am. My parents were the first generation born here, I'm only second generation.

I don't prance around calling myself a "European-American" or "Polish-American" or "German-American" or "Italian-American".

I'm an AMERICAN-American. Period.

Krupski
08-25-2014, 12:14 PM
Or coming out a back entrance from Underground Atlanta and seeing around 50 black folks just milling and sitting about a big outdoor atrium and you're the only white boy in sight. ;)

THAT is something which pisses me off. A black kid can ride his bike through my neighborhood and he has nothing to worry about (and nobody even notices him).

But if a white kid rode his bike through a black neighborhood, he would be lucky to make it out alive, and he would be scared shitless all the way through.

Now why is that?

Why were you "uncomfortable" being the only white guy amongst 50 blacks "just milling around".

Answer: Because what you KNOW and what you PREACH are two completely different things.

Why do you bother spewing things that YOU know are bullshit and WE know are bullshit? It just wastes everyone's time.

LAGC
08-25-2014, 03:54 PM
I don't know. I can't really blame some black people for harboring resentment (and yes, even hate) towards white people in general.

Not just because of the institution of slavery, but the feeling that the people in power (e.g. white folks) are holding them down, keeping them in their place.

I mean, look how often even on this forum people talk about blacks being "kept on the plantation" -- given some pittance in welfare benefits, which many then become dependent on, and never strive to do anything better with their lives?

What LBJ should have really done is instituted a massive works program, not unlike the WPA under FDR. Pay these unemployed people (regardless of race) a decent wage so they can truly work their way out of poverty, which many blacks have been mired in ever since they were supposedly "set free" after the Civil War.

Hell, we could use a massive works program right now to repair our crumbling infrastructure. Our roads and bridges are a mess.

But at the end of the day, it's a lot cheaper to just pay for welfare and food stamps and other meager hand-outs for all those folks instead of offering them a job with a living wage.

Like I said above: just a "band-aid" on a gaping wound. Just enough to keep them from rising up and rioting en masse, just to keep a lid on things.

Meanwhile the pressure cooker temperature builds...

Krupski
08-25-2014, 04:21 PM
(1) I don't know. I can't really blame some black people for harboring resentment (and yes, even hate) towards white people in general.

(2) Not just because of the institution of slavery, but the feeling that the people in power (e.g. white folks) are holding them down, keeping them in their place.

(1) WHY? Where is the "resentment" and "hate" coming from?

(2) There is not a black person alive in the USA that is or was a slave, nor were their parents or grandparents slaves.

And, how are "white people in power holding them down"? Are you serious? If whites gave them any more favors or preferences, we'd have to bend down and kiss their asses.

Ever hear of hiring quotas? Affirmative action?

Whites screw themselves to benefit blacks and they're STILL not satisfied. They even have a freakin' black President. What more do they want?

LAGC
08-25-2014, 05:08 PM
Try putting yourself in the shoes of an young urban person of color for a moment, living in a "seedier" part of town.

Suppose that despite all the gang crime and distractions, growing up in a single-parent household with no real role-models to look up to, you somehow manage to graduate from your local, run-down public high school. College is a pipe-dream as your single-parent barely had enough to put food on the table, let alone save up anything to help pay for your college tuition.

Now what are your options? There are no jobs (the unemployment rate amongst urban youth is well into the double-digits right now), so to make a living you could either sell drugs on a street-corner like so many others (and eventually end up in jail and prison), or you could go down, apply for food stamps, housing assistance, etc. just to tread water and survive.

You can't just pick up and relocate to a better area -- you have no vehicle and no money for gas, let alone money for establishing yourself once you find somewhere hopefully better than the place where you are at.

So what do you do?

Krupski
08-25-2014, 05:38 PM
Try putting yourself in the shoes of an young urban person of color for a moment, living in a "seedier" part of town.

Suppose that despite all the gang crime and distractions, growing up in a single-parent household with no real role-models to look up to, you somehow manage to graduate from your local, run-down public high school. College is a pipe-dream as your single-parent barely had enough to put food on the table, let alone save up anything to help pay for your college tuition.

Now what are your options? There are no jobs (the unemployment rate amongst urban youth is well into the double-digits right now), so to make a living you could either sell drugs on a street-corner like so many others (and eventually end up in jail and prison), or you could go down, apply for food stamps, housing assistance, etc. just to tread water and survive.

You can't just pick up and relocate to a better area -- you have no vehicle and no money for gas, let alone money for establishing yourself once you find somewhere hopefully better than the place where you are at.

So what do you do?

No. Bullshit! You said it was whites keeping blacks down. Tell me how, in your scenario above, how "whites" have ANYTHING to do with your example person's situation.

LAGC
08-25-2014, 05:46 PM
No. Bullshit! You said it was whites keeping blacks down. Tell me how, in your scenario above, how "whites" have ANYTHING to do with your example person's situation.

Can you not see how someone living in that dire of a situation might see all these successful white people on television living interesting, fulfilling lives, being able to own all sorts of cool toys and live in such nice and safe neighborhoods, traveling around the world, etc. might just be a *tad* bit resentful, if not jealous?

What hopes does the poor, urban-dwelling youth have to get out of his situation? Become a pro-sports athlete? Perhaps a rapper? (Better chance getting hit by lightning.)

Seriously, how do they get out of their rut? Especially when the white people in charge making all the laws and promising to make things better never deliver?

Who would you blame?

Krupski
08-25-2014, 06:06 PM
Can you not see how someone living in that dire of a situation might see all these successful white people on television living interesting, fulfilling lives, being able to own all sorts of cool toys and live in such nice and safe neighborhoods, traveling around the world, etc. might just be a *tad* bit resentful, if not jealous?

What hopes does the poor, urban-dwelling youth have to get out of his situation? Become a pro-sports athlete? Perhaps a rapper? (Better chance getting hit by lightning.)

Seriously, how do they get out of their rut? Especially when the white people in charge making all the laws and promising to make things better never deliver?

Who would you blame?

OK, let's put it in a way that. maybe, you can understand. You are white. I am white. How is all this your fault or my fault? What did we do wrong?

LAGC
08-25-2014, 06:09 PM
OK, let's put it in a way that. maybe, you can understand. You are white. I am white. How is all this your fault or my fault? What did we do wrong?

You're right, it's not our fault. We're just pawns in this corporate shell-game as well.

But I can't really blame someone growing up in that situation broad-brushing all whites and harboring racist attitudes in general.

All they see is "us" rubbing "their" nose in it. Not the majority, just a small minority -- but all it takes is that small minority to cause trouble.

Oswald Bastable
08-25-2014, 06:51 PM
You're right, it's not our fault. We're just pawns in this corporate shell-game as well.

But I can't really blame someone growing up in that situation broad-brushing all whites and harboring racist attitudes in general.

All they see is "us" rubbing "their" nose in it. Not the majority, just a small minority -- but all it takes is that small minority to cause trouble.

So you see their racism as both understandable and acceptable...

weevil
08-25-2014, 06:54 PM
http://youtu.be/YW87-_NACoc

LAGC
08-25-2014, 07:17 PM
So you see their racism as both understandable and acceptable...

Understandable, but not really acceptable. These people need jobs. They need a legit way out of their circumstances, the chance to show that if they do the right thing and work hard, it can pay off.

When all they have to look up to is their local gangbangers running the 'hood, you can't be surprised when some of them get caught up in it.

El Jefe
08-25-2014, 08:04 PM
You should hire them. :rolleyes1:

LAGC
08-25-2014, 08:11 PM
I'll tell you one thing: it would be a hell of a lot cheaper for taxpayers if the government created a real jobs program and put these people to work at $11/hour than it currently is locking so many people up for decades for drug and gang crimes.

Average yearly cost to keep a person in prison: $31,286
$11/hour @ 40 hours per week, 52 weeks a year: $22,880

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/24/nyregion/citys-annual-cost-per-inmate-is-nearly-168000-study-says.html

You do the math.

FunkyPertwee
08-25-2014, 08:13 PM
Understandable, but not really acceptable. These people need jobs. They need a legit way out of their circumstances, the chance to show that if they do the right thing and work hard, it can pay off.

When all they have to look up to is their local gangbangers running the 'hood, you can't be surprised when some of them get caught up in it.

Its hard to instill hope when you're people take every opportunity to tell blacks that they can't make it without the loving Democrats to nurture them through life and protect them from the white conservative devil.

LAGC
08-25-2014, 08:19 PM
Its hard to instill hope when you're people take every opportunity to tell blacks that they can't make it without the loving Democrats to nurture them through life and protect them from the white conservative devil.

And what alternative do the Republicans have to offer? Take away the welfare while they outsource more jobs? So what little wealth is allowed to circulate in those impoverished neighborhoods dries up as well?

It's time to acknowledge that both political parties are to blame here. They keep telling people in those slums that things will get better if they just show up and vote for them.

Nothing but empty promises.

Adog
08-25-2014, 08:40 PM

http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww334/aspicsnstuff/imagesY9QNR151_zpsb846cab0.jpg (http://s733.photobucket.com/user/aspicsnstuff/media/imagesY9QNR151_zpsb846cab0.jpg.html)

FunkyPertwee
08-25-2014, 08:46 PM
And what alternative do the Republicans have to offer? Take away the welfare while they outsource more jobs? So what little wealth is allowed to circulate in those impoverished neighborhoods dries up as well?

It's time to acknowledge that both political parties are to blame here. They keep telling people in those slums that things will get better if they just show up and vote for them.

I'm blaming the Democrats for their political rhetoric. This has nothing to do with who the blacks actually vote for. Your party tells them they'll never amount to shit, and they'll never be president until they get a white mom and suck enough white dick to make some political connections.

Helen Keller
08-25-2014, 08:50 PM
[

almost all of that is Health/life insurance. crap like food/electricity/water are just run on contract based on volume.

Life insurance rates on inmates are crazy (obviously) in case they die in custody to cover all if not the majority of a wrongful death lawsuit.
Those who die and the family doesn't claim that $$$ goes into state funds.
When locked up YOU are property of that state unless the family claims otherwise.

if you die and are unclaimed .. you get cremated and toss into a teeny tiny box and buried at a state site.

If you're doing an extended sentence/life. Your file/ID gets tossed into a secure lock box until your sentence is complete.

Oswald Bastable
08-25-2014, 09:22 PM

By that rationale, it would also be understandable why some conservative Americans might hate and want to start stringing liberals from lamp posts across the country.

l921428x
08-25-2014, 09:31 PM
I'll tell you one thing: it would be a hell of a lot cheaper for taxpayers if the government created a real jobs program and put these people to work at $11/hour than it currently is locking so many people up for decades for drug and gang crimes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/24/nyregion/citys-annual-cost-per-inmate-is-nearly-168000-study-says.html

You do the math.

I do not have to do the math! I have lived it more than once.
I have pubic hair older than you and you want to school me on dead beats. fuck off college boy.

FunkyPertwee
08-25-2014, 09:37 PM
I do not have to do the math! I have lived it more than once.
I have pubic hair older than you and you want to school me on dead beats. fuck off college boy.

:lool:

Krupski
08-26-2014, 08:14 AM

So why don't they HAVE a job?

I've got a job. And with "affirmative action", it should be at least twice as easy for Tyrone or Laquesha to get a job.

So, what's holding them back? Oh, right... I forgot. We white people be holding them back. Me sitting here at my desk designing a servo control loop circuit is holding them back.

I guess that's what the corporate world calls "multitasking"... doing your job AND holding down the poor, poor black man at the same time.

(YO! Tyrone! I said stay down! I'm trying to work here! Gotta make enough to pay for your food stamps, so be quiet and stay down!)

Krupski
08-26-2014, 08:16 AM
You should hire them. :rolleyes1:

As we've seen from his past posts, he wants to spread around the wealth... just not HIS OWN wealth. He wants YOU to hire him.

El Jefe
08-26-2014, 08:17 AM
So why don't they HAVE a job?

I've got a job. And with "affirmative action", it should be at least twice as easy for Tyrone or Laquesha to get a job.

So, what's holding them back? Oh, right... I forgot. We white people be holding them back. Me sitting here at my desk designing a servo control loop circuit is holding them back.

I guess that's what the corporate world calls "multitasking"... doing your job AND holding down the poor, poor black man at the same time.

(YO! Tyrone! I said stay down! I'm trying to work here! Gotta make enough to pay for your food stamps, so be quiet and stay down!)

Check yo privilege!

El Jefe
08-26-2014, 08:20 AM

You do the math.

Oh, so if they don't get a government "make work" job then they have to go to prison? How about they finish high school and at least take advantage of the post-high school gifts available? God forbid they pay their own way.

Why is it only conservatives have to put out any effort or ever be responsible?

Krupski
08-26-2014, 08:21 AM

You think violent gang bangers want a JOB? You think they could DO a job? Or keep a job?

You are delusional. Tyrone and his homies just busted a cap in Hector's head over a drug dispute and you think Tyrone is going to put on a shirt and tie, pack himself a brown bag lunch, hop on the bus, go to the office and stay there for 8 hours doing something productive?

You're nuts.

(maybe I'm nuts - wasting my time going back and forth with you)

El Jefe
08-26-2014, 08:22 AM

Are you or your ilk building factories in the ghetto? No, why the fuck not???

Krupski
08-26-2014, 08:23 AM
By that rationale, it would also be understandable why some conservative Americans might hate and want to start stringing liberals from lamp posts across the country.

BRAVO!!! +1e6

Helen Keller
08-26-2014, 08:45 AM
Check yo privilege!

:laughingtohard:

LAGC
08-26-2014, 11:57 PM
Oh, so if they don't get a government "make work" job then they have to go to prison?

I wouldn't call infrastructure repair "make work." But yeah, I think if jobs were more readily available, many would choose it before venturing down a life of crime, slinging dope and eventually ending up in prison.

How about they finish high school and at least take advantage of the post-high school gifts available? God forbid they pay their own way.

Why is it only conservatives have to put out any effort or ever be responsible?

"From whom much is given, much is to be expected." -- Luke 12:48

:)

l921428x
08-27-2014, 12:54 AM
being given something is not the same as worked or earned. I will keep mine. all I was given was my birth and a chance to live.
after the growing up part was done, I earned my keep and owe no one for where I am. live what you speak and give someone else your grades.

Krupski
08-27-2014, 07:23 AM
(1) I wouldn't call infrastructure repair "make work." But yeah, I think if jobs were more readily available, many would choose it before venturing down a life of crime, slinging dope and eventually ending up in prison.

(2) "From whom much is given, much is to be expected." -- Luke 12:48

(1) You didn't answer my question:

You think violent gang bangers want a JOB? You think they could DO a job? Or keep a job? Tyrone and his homies just busted a cap in Hector's head over a drug dispute and you think Tyrone is going to put on a shirt and tie, pack himself a brown bag lunch, hop on the bus, go to the office and stay there for 8 hours doing something productive?

Well, OK let's tailor it to your post: Do you think Tyrone is going to sweat his ass off or freeze his ass off or work in soaking rain doing road construction? Busting his ass for 8+ hours? Taking orders from a foreman "who don't give him no respect"? Do you think Tyrone is going to work for "X dollars an hour" (then have half of it extorted away as "taxes") when he can make 1000 times as much selling dope?

Please provide an answer.

(2) A professed atheist quoting the Bible? What a hypocrite.

Krupski
08-27-2014, 07:25 AM
being given something is not the same as worked or earned. I will keep mine. all I was given was my birth and a chance to live.
after the growing up part was done, I earned my keep and owe no one for where I am. live what you speak and give someone else your grades.

I asked him to do his part and take in ONE, just ONE homeless person and give him only ONE of the rooms in his home. Of course, he said it wasn't "his" responsibility, it was a "community" responsibility.

LAGC wants to spread the wealth... as long as it's not HIS wealth that's being spread around. He's a hypocrite - plain and simple.