PDA

View Full Version : Federal judge rules California's Waiting period Unconstitutional (in some cases) :D Woo hoo

tank_monkey
08-25-2014, 08:27 PM
It's a start. :D

http://www.examiner.com/article/fed-judge-rules-calif-waiting-period-violates-2a-some-cases

A federal judge in California today ruled that the Golden State’s 10-day waiting period violates the Second Amendment “as applied to those individuals who successfully pass” the state’s background check prior to the ten days, and who are already in lawful possession of an additional firearm, and the Second Amendment Foundation is hailing the ruling.

I've always been against the stupid "cooling off period" that the libtards keep pushing for those of us who already have tons of guns. The Dept of Justice knows if you have guns. Handguns are registered. The State knows that I have many MANY handguns already. Why the fuck would I rush out and BUY a new gun just to shoot someone? The internet enables them to know INSTANTLY whether or not I'm a 'disqualified' person. The waiting period is BULLSHIT.

I can kinda understand it for FIRST TIME BUYERS ONLY. But for those of use who the State of CA knows have a lot of guns already, it's total crap. Punitive, in that it serves NO PRACTICAL PURPOSE other than creating more inconvenience for gun owners.

Schuetzenman
08-25-2014, 09:04 PM
Good to hear, I hope it stands that the wait is unconstitutional. Maybe you guys will get some kind of relief from the libtards.

miketx
08-25-2014, 09:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIpLd0WQKCY

Helen Keller
08-25-2014, 09:42 PM
everyone in CA,NY NJ and CT needs to buy a Mill and lathe.

CD's would come in the mail................

JTHunter
08-25-2014, 11:16 PM
Hhmm - - - I wonder what affect this will have on Illinois' "1 day long guns" and "3 day handguns" waiting periods??

tank_monkey
08-25-2014, 11:43 PM
Hhmm - - - I wonder what affect this will have on Illinois' "1 day long guns" and "3 day handguns" waiting periods??

You KNOW that a pro gun lawyer in Illinois will use the Court's ruling in their brief! :D YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!

But you're from the people's Republic of Chicagoland and Obama Cronies. Don't they rule the rest of the state with their iron fist?

ltorlo64
08-26-2014, 04:37 AM
With computers and the way law enforcement agencies are connected, I am not sure why there is a waiting period. I did a transfer within the last few months here in Virginia and my background check was done in about 90 seconds.

I am happy with the ruling. Two good rulings in one day. Well done to the Constitution and the lawyers that are defending it!

1 Patriot-of-many
08-26-2014, 05:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIpLd0WQKCY So that's where Krupski got the police helicopter shooter.

stevelyn
08-26-2014, 06:03 AM
Great news, but it's not like Kommiefornia is going to comply with the ruling.

5.56NATO
08-26-2014, 09:35 AM
With computers and the way law enforcement agencies are connected, I am not sure why there is a waiting period. I did a transfer within the last few months here in Virginia and my background check was done in about 90 seconds.

I am happy with the ruling. Two good rulings in one day. Well done to the Constitution and the lawyers that are defending it!

Anything to infringe is the marching orders for those who hate America.