PDA

View Full Version : So what new toys have you bought during the blackout

Skarmajunga
07-17-2010, 10:25 PM
Allright now in all the time the sight has been down you guys must have some new toys right?

I won a S&W 1911 pd in June and just picked up a stag piston upper, just put a timney trigger on it today. I also picked up a Ruger piston rifle so stay tuned for a head to head piston review.

Anyone else?

matshock
07-17-2010, 10:35 PM
Stag 3H upper- one of my last posts was about it being on sale for $400.00 OTD. It had a bad bolt, Stag sent me a new CMT bolt, no questions asked and now it's an acceptable carbine.

Then I got a half case of Black Hills 68 grain match ammo that turned my A2 into a solid 1 MOA shooter. It might be even better but I can't tell with me shooting it. :wow:

Got a trailer park uzi for the wife- it sits in a laptop backpack in her trunk because her workplace is a little too close to the ghetto for my comfort. Put a better front sight on it and it's a decent 50 yard shooter. She's familiarized with it but we need to train her up a little- ultimately hoping to get her comfortable enough to handle it with a mounted flashlight.

Finally, I got 3 (1 beater, 1 office, 1 backup) pairs of glasses to correct me to 20/20- I'm far sighted and they really help inside of 100 yards. I'm saving my eye surgery for when my lenses harden.

JTHunter
07-17-2010, 10:41 PM
A Marlin 22 Mag bolt rifle and scope.

imanaknut
07-17-2010, 10:43 PM
Picked up a Sterling thanks to our friends as Aim Surplus!

deputyvaughn
07-18-2010, 12:18 AM
Hey, I already started this thread.....LOL

What have you acquired while Gunsnet was down?

I figured I'd start the thread....gunsnet has been down too long....while down we've all had guns that have come and some that have gone.....catch us up.
Me? I won a National Match 1911 in a PBA raffle...it's since been traded... I got a 1953 Systima 1911 (great condition) and some cash (needed the cash but that is for another thread)...I decided to do something different this year for deer season, so....I bought a Mossberg ATR 100 in .243. I'm liking the light recoil and light rifle compared to the 308 Mauser I hunted with last year. I also bought a Martin "Threshold" compound bow for the early bow season....Lastly, my father-in-law brought me his Carl Gustaf Swedish Mauser in 6.5. It's a sweet shooter. Funny part is he said he was thinning his collection and then turned around and bought a Mossberg ATR in 3006, LOL....one gone, one bought, my kind of thinning. Lastly I picked up a Kahr CW45. It's now my full time off duty gun. The only thing I've done to it is add night sights.
That's mine.
What did you get?

Scott
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/5062/sincegunsnet.jpg
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4666/kahrcw45.jpg
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/7118/sistimax.jpg

Skarmajunga
07-18-2010, 12:40 AM
Well I did pick up a Kahr pm9 recently, tiny 9mm perfect for summer carry. Trigger is a little long but nice and light.