PDA

View Full Version : Three Christian Churches in Indiana Vandalized by Islamic Graffiti

LAGC
09-02-2014, 04:13 AM
Police in Columbus, Indiana, are investigating three acts of vandalism against local churches that unfolded Saturday night — a series of crimes that constitute an apparent first in the city.

But it’s the messages that were spray painted on the buildings that have some wondering if the acts were pranks or part of a more serious and pointed effort to deliver a message to Christian leaders and parishioners, according to WTHR-TV.

Consider the message painted on Saint Bartholomew’s Catholic Church. It read, “Infidels!” and included a Koranic reference: “Qur’an 3:151.”

That verse reads, “We will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve for what they have associated with Allah of which He had not sent down [any] authority. And their refuge will be the Fire, and wretched is the residence of the wrongdoers.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/09/01/infidels-three-churches-were-vandalized-in-one-night-but-its-what-the-graffiti-said-thats-leaving-some-people-unsettled/

Notice how it's never atheists who do this kind of shit? Only "fellow" religionists?

"Peace be unto you, Salaam." indeed. :rolleyes:

LAGC
09-02-2014, 08:18 AM
I would hardly refer to modern day Catholics as religionists.

Well, they certainly were back in the day, what with Inquisitions and Crusades and burnings-at-the-stake and what not.

But you're right, they've definitely mellowed out over the centuries.

Now if only we could only get Islam to do the same... :think:

(And to think: they used to be the civilized ones back when Christianity was having its Dark Ages!)

rktman
09-02-2014, 08:31 AM
Lol, So predictable LAGC

Start a post on how funny it is that Christians get attacked,
Then when someone replies, attack with a thousand year old argument about the Crusades.
This is same tactic used by the Race Baiters. No one here owns any slaves nor did we participate in the Crusades.

5.56NATO
09-02-2014, 09:51 AM
Lagc, the pope is a liberation theology jesuit, don't you have any compassion for him?

1 Patriot-of-many
09-02-2014, 12:35 PM
(And to think: they used to be the civilized ones back when Christianity was having its Dark Ages!) This shows you are rather ignorant of Islams history. There is no time period where they were civilized, peaceful and tolerant. Try again.

Kadmos
09-02-2014, 12:52 PM
Sickening.

I could be wrong, but seems a bit like a prank, possibly by a non-Muslim...not really their style. Plus, one would think a Muslim might include a bit of Arabic.

Really don't see the point in this, probably makes a few more people hate Muslims, but it always seems like the community ends up coming together more because of these types of events. Already local Muslims are offering to help clean it up. The Churches will probably get higher attendance and more donations. Probably some interfaith group will hold an event, or get founded locally.

Generally speaking, the "winner" here tends to be increased religious tolerance.

Oswald Bastable
09-02-2014, 01:47 PM
Notice how it's never atheists who do this kind of shit? Only "fellow" religionists?

So all that graffiti all across the country, in city after city...all done by religionists?

Sherman
09-02-2014, 02:08 PM
And they should clean the paint off the church. Place a sign out front the says " Fuck the Quaran and the pussies who believe in it "........ Keep an eye on the place....arrest anybody that objects to the sign and question them.

El Jefe
09-02-2014, 02:22 PM

:rolleyes:

You care to prove that?

shorthair
09-02-2014, 02:37 PM
Carry their water of suck there balls. LAGC will survive.

LAGC
09-02-2014, 05:40 PM
So all that graffiti all across the country, in city after city...all done by religionists?

I was speaking solely of the defacement and arson of religious buildings. Just seems like every time something like this comes up, the culprit isn't a non-believer (who could give a shit) but rather a rival believer in a different faith/sect.

Full Otto
09-02-2014, 06:06 PM
seems a bit like a prank, possibly by a non-Muslim...not really their style.

That's my take.
Probably some little atheist kid

Kadmos
09-02-2014, 06:26 PM
That's my take.
Probably some little atheist kid

:lool:

Maybe hoping all the religions will just pack up shop rather than deal with cleaning off the paint ;)

5.56NATO
09-02-2014, 07:21 PM
This church renovation effort is 0bama regime approved.

Oswald Bastable
09-02-2014, 08:33 PM
I was speaking solely of the defacement and arson of religious buildings. Just seems like every time something like this comes up, the culprit isn't a non-believer (who could give a shit) but rather a rival believer in a different faith/sect.

No, atheists just try to destroy all symbols of only one religion, because for some reason seeing them makes them all butt hurt.

1 Patriot-of-many
09-02-2014, 09:15 PM
That is true. Why is it atheists feel the need to interfere so much in people praying for example, yet they think it's all a joke........Maybe they don't deep in their mind?

JTHunter
09-02-2014, 09:22 PM
I would hardly refer to modern day Catholics as religionists.

Careful tho, your messiah in the Whitehouse is emboldening his Islamic brethren and they will soon find it much easier to come after unarmed heathens such as yourself :)

Hasn't Dumbo already emboldened not only the muzzies but the "pug-nosed slaves" as well?

Sickening.

I could be wrong, but seems a bit like a prank, possibly by a non-Muslim...not really their style. Plus, one would think a Muslim might include a bit of Arabic.

They could be teens or young men who, like those two from MN that joined ISIS in Syria, with little or no knowledge of Arabic.

Kadmos
09-03-2014, 11:06 AM
They could be teens or young men who, like those two from MN that joined ISIS in Syria, with little or no knowledge of Arabic.

It's possible I suppose. But they would need really basically no knowledge of Islam. The real "tell" for me is that simply isn't the way Muslims, or anyone who has studied the Quran would quote it.

It would be quoted Sura Ali Imran 3:151, or just Ali Imran 3:151...... not Qur'an 3:151

It's like if you saw graffiti that said "Bible 3:16", it would look mighty suspicious. One would assume it meant John 3:16, but one would also assume the writer was a moron with little knowledge of what is supposedly their own faith. Which is possible of course....just really odd.

The thing is, with the internet you can be "off" that badly and still get the right results, if you google Bible 3:16 you will get John 3:16 at the top of the page. Same goes for the Quran.

imanaknut
09-03-2014, 12:35 PM
Interesting thing about the graffiti on the churches, local news went nuts on it initially, then totally lost interest. Nothing last night, nor on the noon news today.

imanaknut
09-03-2014, 05:13 PM
Finally an update on local TV. Investigators are not investigating this as if it was a "hate crime". That would mean Islamics are involved.