PDA

View Full Version : Hot ammo deal

O.S.O.K.
10-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Hey guys - blatant advertisement of the Ammo Depot forum - I just posted a very good deal from Ammunition To Go - Hot Shot (Privi Partizan) SS109 (true steel core) for $189/800 rounds (this is equivalent to $238/1000 rounds).

http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.php?2489-Current-Ammo-Deals-post-em-up-here!&p=43771#post43771

If you need to restock the SHTF store and your caliber of choice is .223/5.56x45.... you might want to start with this deal.

I am really encouraged with some of the ammo sales that I'm seeing now. Finally!!!

Mark Ducati
10-28-2010, 05:08 PM
The description says berdan primed and non-corrosive... but also states that the site pulled some ammo and found it to be boxer primed ammo and likely a misprint... but makes no further mention if its corrosive or not?

Is all boxer primed ammo corrosive necessarily? Or does the difference between Berdan/Boxer simply affect reloadability?

slamfire51
10-28-2010, 05:19 PM
The description says berdan primed and non-corrosive... but also states that the site pulled some ammo and found it to be boxer primed ammo and likely a misprint... but makes no further mention if its corrosive or not?

Is all boxer primed ammo corrosive necessarily? Or does the difference between Berdan/Boxer simply affect reloadability?

Normally Berdan primed surplus is corrosive. I haven't seen any boxer primed ammo that is corrosive. Reloading Berdan cartridges is a PITA, but can be reloaded.
There is commerical ammo that is Berdan Primed and non-corrosive. Barnual, Wolf, etc.

O.S.O.K.
10-28-2010, 07:21 PM
Yes. And most recently - 70's and beyond Nato caliber ammo is also non-corrosive.