PDA

View Full Version : So I wonder when the media is gonna dogpile this Douchebag1 party hack.....

1 Patriot-of-many
09-06-2014, 05:12 AM
Not gonna hold my breath..... anyone imagine what would happen if a non Communist party candidate said this about _______ (insert any group here)?

This member of the douchebag1's party wished ebola on all NRA members, haven't seen a peep from his parties owned media. http://godfatherpolitics.com/16904/democrat-prays-god-infect-nra-members-ebola/

ltorlo64
09-06-2014, 07:42 AM
There is a lot of hair splitting going on about this gun. Democrats are saying he is not running and he is not a Democrat. In the first case, he technically is not running as he failed to file his candidacy paperwork in time. Mr. Dickinson insists, however, that he is running. I think I will go with Mr. Dickinson on what he is actually doing. Second, the Democrats are claiming he is not a Democrat. Again, Mr. Dickinson says he is, so I have to defer to him.

As for the actual point of your post, I think this is getting ignored by the MSM because of the distracting techniques being used by the Democrats. They say there is nothing to see here, in fact they are claiming it is made up by the Republicans and FOX News, and the MSM is just saying, your right, nothing to see here. If they say it is not new, no matter what it is, it is not news.

Kadmos
09-06-2014, 10:20 AM
Again, Mr. Dickinson says he is, so I have to defer to him.

Why defer to him when the party says he is not?

If Hillary Clinton tweeted that she was the 2016 Republican nominee, would you defer to her? Or would you listen to the GOP's denial?

The Democrats nominee for the VA 7th is Jack Trammell. He has gone through the process and been confirmed as the nominee...also he is actually on the ballot.

Of course facts like these don't stop right wing media from calling him the nominee, mostly because his twitter antics give them a reason to be "outraged" at "democrats".

Sadly, this is part of the world we live in, LAGC or any Dem can claim on Twitter that they are a GOP nominee, say ridiculous stuff and make national news.

El Jefe
09-06-2014, 10:29 AM

If Hillary Clinton tweeted that she was the 2016 Republican nominee, would you defer to her? Or would you listen to the GOP's denial?

The Democrats nominee for the VA 7th is Jack Trammell. He has gone through the process and been confirmed as the nominee...also he is actually on the ballot.

Of course facts like these don't stop right wing media from calling him the nominee, mostly because his twitter antics give them a reason to be "outraged" at "democrats".

Sadly, this is part of the world we live in, LAGC or any Dem can claim on Twitter that they are a GOP nominee, say ridiculous stuff and make national news.

Right, because Democrats are known for their honesty. He's a Democrat.

sevlex
09-06-2014, 10:34 AM
Can you expect any better from a dem whose name implies gay incestuous sodomy?

El Jefe
09-06-2014, 11:51 AM

Nope.

LAGC
09-06-2014, 12:02 PM

Don't drag me into this, Kadmos.

We all know you voted for McCain the first time, but Obama the second time. ;)

Kadmos
09-06-2014, 12:08 PM

Timeless poetry? (Emily)

Amazing vocal performances? (Bruce)

Kadmos
09-06-2014, 12:10 PM
Don't drag me into this, Kadmos.

We all know you voted for McCain the first time, but Obama the second time. ;)

Sorry, was just trying to make a point.

Yes, McCain the first time (to my eternal embarrassment), but what's his name from one of the third parties the second time...Johnson I think, maybe Gary?

Ruskiegunlover
09-06-2014, 12:29 PM
God I love the ignore feature! Makes reading and responding to these threads so much better without having to read nonsense, immoral, lie filled responses. I cannot recommend this feature enough. And of course, I am not calling anyone out uh?

Literally, we were all just called terrorists and a virus. Well, all the members here accept two or three. I cannot believe the hypocrasy in our country. The absolute communist double speak. Truly mind boggling.

Kadmos
09-06-2014, 12:46 PM
Literally, we were all just called terrorists and a virus. Well, all the members here accept two or three. I cannot believe the hypocrasy in our country. The absolute communist double speak. Truly mind boggling.

Except, not accept.

I might make this a new hobby, correcting the spelling and grammar of people who have me on ignore ;)

l921428x
09-06-2014, 12:53 PM
God I love the ignore feature! Makes reading and responding to these threads so much better without having to read nonsense, immoral, lie filled responses. I cannot recommend this feature enough. And of course, I am not calling anyone out uh?

as I have said many times, if we as white conservatives were half as bad as described in the msm, at du, in the huff post or many other places, the dems would run for there lives. cause they would be shot on site.

ltorlo64
09-06-2014, 01:17 PM

If Hillary Clinton tweeted that she was the 2016 Republican nominee, would you defer to her? Or would you listen to the GOP's denial?[quote]

We defer to Senator McCain when he says he is a Republican, even though he votes and sounds exactly like a Democrat.

[quote]The Democrats nominee for the VA 7th is Jack Trammell. He has gone through the process and been confirmed as the nominee...also he is actually on the ballot.

While I didn't say who the Democratic nominee was I acknowledged that Mr. Dickinson was not the nominee. That does not mean he is not running or campaigning, or that he could not win. Alaska elected a write in candidate for senator not to long ago. It may not be likely for him to win, but it not out of the realm of possibility.

I have read a bunch of stories and they say he is a Democrat running for Congress. I have not read any where he is identified as the nominee.

And they do it for political gain and get away with it, at least if they are liberal they do. In this case, though, the person is living out his beliefs, which are in line with the Democratic party. Granted, it is a far left wing of the party, but still a wing, and it is being ignored. If this were a Republican the press would be all over this. That is the point of the original post.

Kadmos
09-06-2014, 01:28 PM
I have read a bunch of stories and they say he is a Democrat running for Congress. I have not read any where he is identified as the nominee.

Most states allow for write in's. But you can't just pick your own party. If he's actually running, then he is an independent. The Democrats have picked their candidate. If this were a primary it might be a different story.

And they do it for political gain and get away with it, at least if they are liberal they do. In this case, though, the person is living out his beliefs, which are in line with the Democratic party. Granted, it is a far left wing of the party, but still a wing, and it is being ignored. If this were a Republican the press would be all over this. That is the point of the original post.

Frankly he could be doing it to get more twitter followers, perhaps to bring in awareness about other businesses. He could also easily be doing it satirically, or flat out fraudulently, raising funds with no intention of even trying to run. And of course it's possible that he actually is a conservative poking fun at liberals.

ltorlo64
09-06-2014, 01:44 PM
Most states allow for write in's. But you can't just pick your own party. If he's actually running, then he is an independent. The Democrats have picked their candidate. If this were a primary it might be a different story.

You are missing the point. He says he is a Democrat and that he is actively running. He is not the Democratic nominee but he is a Democrat who is running for Congress. If he wins, which he probably won't, he will be a Democrat in Congress not an Independent. This story is about the outlandish things a Democrat who is running for Congress is saying and how it is being ignored by the MSM. It is also a story about how Democrats, instead of calling the person on the carpet for their unacceptable behavior, is trying to make it seem as though Mr. Dickinson is not a Democrat. Instead of cleaning up their party the Democrats would rather distract and divert attention.

Frankly he could be doing it to get more twitter followers, perhaps to bring in awareness about other businesses. He could also easily be doing it satirically, or flat out fraudulently, raising funds with no intention of even trying to run. And of course it's possible that he actually is a conservative poking fun at liberals.

Except there is no evidence of this. He was allowed to speak at a Chesterfield Democratic Committee meeting back in February when they were deciding who they would back. Seems they thought he was a Democrat. The reasons they did not back him had nothing to do with ideology but with his occupation (works with the adult entertainment industry).

Kadmos
09-06-2014, 01:59 PM
You are missing the point. He says he is a Democrat and that he is actively running. He is not the Democratic nominee but he is a Democrat who is running for Congress. If he wins, which he probably won't, he will be a Democrat in Congress not an Independent. This story is about the outlandish things a Democrat who is running for Congress is saying and how it is being ignored by the MSM. It is also a story about how Democrats, instead of calling the person on the carpet for their unacceptable behavior, is trying to make it seem as though Mr. Dickinson is not a Democrat. Instead of cleaning up their party the Democrats would rather distract and divert attention.

Except there is no evidence of this. He was allowed to speak at a Chesterfield Democratic Committee meeting back in February when they were deciding who they would back. Seems they thought he was a Democrat. The reasons they did not back him had nothing to do with ideology but with his occupation (works with the adult entertainment industry).

I think you are missing the point, he can say whatever he likes, that doesn't mean it has any basis in reality. He can say he's part of the Republican party, the Communist party, or the Pizza party. Unless they confirm that, then it simply isn't accurate.

If he were to win he would be an independent, unless one of the parties wanted him.

So what if he spoke at a convention? What were the rules to speak there? He could have simply raised his hand and said "I wanna give a speech".

As to why they didn't back him, it's conjecture. They went a different way. Probably a multitude of reasons why someone else got picked.

El Jefe
09-06-2014, 02:46 PM
Yet another thread derailed in defense of the Democrats.

Krupski
09-06-2014, 03:01 PM
Not gonna hold my breath..... anyone imagine what would happen if a non Communist party candidate said this about _______ (insert any group here)?

This member of the douchebag1's party wished ebola on all NRA members, haven't seen a peep from his parties owned media. http://godfatherpolitics.com/16904/democrat-prays-god-infect-nra-members-ebola/

I fail to understand why the antis always blame the NRA for everything. All they do is fight to protect our God given and Second Amendment protected rights (something they wouldn't even HAVE to do if judges did THEIR jobs properly).

And, praying to God for something bad to happen to someone else is not a good idea.... things like that tend to boomerang back.....

Krupski
09-06-2014, 03:06 PM
God I love the ignore feature!

Unfortunately, I can't use the ignore feature. It would indeed make the forum a lot easier to read. And keep my blood pressure down.

ltorlo64
09-06-2014, 03:49 PM
I think you are missing the point, he can say whatever he likes, that doesn't mean it has any basis in reality. He can say he's part of the Republican party, the Communist party, or the Pizza party. Unless they confirm that, then it simply isn't accurate.

No, he is a Democrat, that is the point. The point of Democrats is to do their best to show he is not a Democrat, but that is not as easy as just saying "he is not a Democrat". http://ballotpedia.org/Mike_Dickinson
http://www.examiner.com/article/congressional-candidate-pro-life-people-are-the-true-tyrants-of-america

If he were to win he would be an independent, unless one of the parties wanted him.

They may not let him caucus with them, but if he is voting as a Democrat, he is a Democrat, unless he is McCain, in which case his a Republican who votes as a Democrat. You may not like it, and the MSM may ignore it, but he is a Democrat.

So what if he spoke at a convention? What were the rules to speak there? He could have simply raised his hand and said "I wanna give a speech".

As to why they didn't back him, it's conjecture. They went a different way. Probably a multitude of reasons why someone else got picked.

He did not ask to speak, he was invited to speak, as a Democrat. The last line of the article below says it all, (from Mr. Dickinson)
“I’m a solid liberal Democrat,” Dickinson said. “If they choose to ignore me and not run anybody, that’s on them. It’s my intention to keep moving forward.”
http://www.examiner.com/article/congressional-candidate-pro-life-people-are-the-true-tyrants-of-america

Kadmos
09-06-2014, 05:19 PM
From your first link http://ballotpedia.org/Mike_Dickinson

Despite the fact that Dickinson does not appear on the Virginia State Board of Elections candidate list and has not been nominated by the 7th Congressional District Democratic Party, Dickinson still claims to be running in the 2014 election.[2]

[2] http://www.mediaite.com/tv/that-war-on-fox-guy-is-not-actually-running-for-congress-as-a-democrat/

He's been asked by the party not to claim he is running as a democrat, since he is not.

ltorlo64
09-06-2014, 07:24 PM
So the local Democratic party asks him to speak to decide whether to use him as their candidate, right. If they chose him he would be a Democrat, but since they didn't he is not? Sounds like being a Democrat is very exclusive, you can only be one by invitation. Glad the Republican party is more inclusive.

Oh yeah, the link you posted does not say that Mr. Dickinson is not a Democrat, just that he is not running as a Democrat because he did not meet the filing deadlines for the Democratic party, which I have not argued. He is a Democrat and he is trying to get elected, so he is a Democrat running for Congress.

Think of it like this, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck and flies like a duck, it is a duck, even if someone tells you it is a eagle.

ready
09-06-2014, 07:28 PM
Not according to common core.

1 Patriot-of-many
09-06-2014, 07:33 PM
So the local Democratic party asks him to speak to decide whether to use him as their candidate, right. If they chose him he would be a Democrat, but since they didn't he is not? Sounds like being a Democrat is very exclusive, you can only be one by invitation. Glad the Republican party is more inclusive.

Oh yeah, the link you posted does not say that Mr. Dickinson is not a Democrat, just that he is not running as a Democrat because he did not meet the filing deadlines for the Democratic party, which I have not argued. He is a Democrat and he is trying to get elected, so he is a Democrat running for Congress.

Think of it like this, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck and flies like a duck, it is a duck, even if someone tells you it is a eagle.It's useless. He'll defend his party no matter what. Facts be damned. It's what he gets paid to do.

Kadmos
09-06-2014, 08:14 PM
So the local Democratic party asks him to speak to decide whether to use him as their candidate, right.

Is there a link saying they asked him to speak? I just don't know what the circumstances were around that. He could have "bought in", he might have been asked due to donations he made. It seems odd he would be asked out of the blue without filing any paperwork.

If they chose him he would be a Democrat, but since they didn't he is not? Sounds like being a Democrat is very exclusive, you can only be one by invitation. Glad the Republican party is more inclusive.

No, I'm saying if they chose him then, he would be the Democrat candidate. But they chose someone else, so he isn't. It's not a primary, they won't allow him to officially run as a democrat because it might split the vote. If he wins as a write in, then he wins in his name, not theirs. That makes him an independent.

Could he be a member of the party? Of course. I think that's just a matter of registering. If one wants to make it official. Otherwise of course party members can just support the party more unofficially...like fans of a sports team.

Nobody filed. So they picked Trammell, and he agreed to do it.

It's like Joe Lieberman, he lost the primary, so he ran against both parties and won. Which made him an independent. Was he still "a democrat at heart", sure. Technically, he was a registered democrat while running for office under the "Connecticut for Lieberman" party.

Technically he was registered with congress as a "Independent Democrat", but it was always an "I" after his name from then on.

Think of it like this, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck and flies like a duck, it is a duck, even if someone tells you it is a eagle.

On that issue you may have a point, I just don't know enough about the guy to know what his actual views are...all I know for sure is there is something quacky going on there ;)

ltorlo64
09-06-2014, 10:09 PM
Is there a link saying they asked him to speak? I just don't know what the circumstances were around that. He could have "bought in", he might have been asked due to donations he made. It seems odd he would be asked out of the blue without filing any paperwork.

I posted this link once before, so this time I will post it with a quote from the article.
When Dickinson accepted an invitation to speak at the Feb. 5 meeting of the Chesterfield Democratic Committee, he looked at it as a necessary step in his quest to become the state party’s nominee to run against House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, one of the most powerful Republicans in the House of Representatives, in November.

http://www.chesterfieldobserver.com/news/2014-02-26/Front_Page/The_Democratic_hustle.html

No, I'm saying if they chose him then, he would be the Democrat candidate. But they chose someone else, so he isn't. It's not a primary, they won't allow him to officially run as a democrat because it might split the vote. If he wins as a write in, then he wins in his name, not theirs. That makes him an independent.

Actually, he would be a Democrat running for Congress but not the Democrat nominee. Just because he is not his party's candidate does not kick him out of his chosen party. Not quite sure why you are pushing so hard to make him something he is not. He is not an Independent, he is a Democrat. If he were to win the Democrats would be announcing to the world how a Democrat underdog won the race, not that an Independent won the race.

Could he be a member of the party? Of course. I think that's just a matter of registering. If one wants to make it official. Otherwise of course party members can just support the party more unofficially...like fans of a sports team.

Refer to the link above. The Democrats considered him to be a Democrat and invited him to speak on his candidacy. That is not a sports fan, that is a Democrat being accepted by other Democrats as a Democrat. Well, at least until he says something stupid, then he is an Independent.

Nobody filed. So they picked Trammell, and he agreed to do it.

I have already acknowledged this and pointed out why it has no meaning to what I am saying. It is you who keep trying to change the definition of someone running for office as a Democrat.

It's like Joe Lieberman, he lost the primary, so he ran against both parties and won. Which made him an independent. Was he still "a democrat at heart", sure. Technically, he was a registered democrat while running for office under the "Connecticut for Lieberman" party.

Technically he was registered with congress as a "Independent Democrat", but it was always an "I" after his name from then on.

Senator Lieberman is a registered Democrat. He may run as an independent because of state politics, but he is still a Democrat. If he were running for office I could say the same thing about him, he is a Democrat running for Senate. It is not whether he has the parties candidacy that makes him that. If he was the Democratic candidate that is different from being a Democrat running for office.

On that issue you may have a point, I just don't know enough about the guy to know what his actual views are...all I know for sure is there is something quacky going on there ;)[/QUOTE]

Kadmos
09-06-2014, 10:46 PM
I posted this link once before, so this time I will post it with a quote from the article.

http://www.chesterfieldobserver.com/news/2014-02-26/Front_Page/The_Democratic_hustle.html

Sorry, I missed that bit, thanks.

Actually, he would be a Democrat running for Congress but not the Democrat nominee. Just because he is not his party's candidate does not kick him out of his chosen party. Not quite sure why you are pushing so hard to make him something he is not. He is not an Independent, he is a Democrat. If he were to win the Democrats would be announcing to the world how a Democrat underdog won the race, not that an Independent won the race.

This was my point with Lieberman, everyone acknowledged that an independent won the race, not a democrat. He could still be considered a democrat in terms of views, how he votes, "at heart", or as just a general member like any random Democrat. But he was not their candidate, he was not in the "D" column.

The fact is he pissed the democrats off, he went against "their guy". I'm sure they were glad not to hand it to a Republican, but they weren't happy with, or backing, him. He was no longer Democrat leadership, no longer a Democrat "brand" candidate.