PDA

View Full Version : Idaho State University instructor shoots himself in foot (literally)

LAGC
09-06-2014, 05:53 AM
It was one way of starting the school year off with a bang.

An instructor at Idaho State University was injured in a classroom Tuesday after the gun in his pocket fired, wounding the man in the foot.

The Idaho State Journal reported that the instructor, who was not named, had an enhanced concealed carry permit.

Arriving Pocatello police officers found the instructor in the Physical Science Complex with a non-life threatening injury.

"I'm glad he shot himself and nobody else," Chad Conner, a student at the school, told the paper.

The instructor was released from the hospital that same night.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/09/04/idaho-state-university-instructor-shoots-self-in-foot/

What a fucking moron. Use a damn crotch-holster or something, don't just stick a loaded weapon in your pocket then finger it during class.

It's negligent assholes like this that give so much fuel to the antis. It was a really hard fight earlier this year in the state legislature over getting that bill passed allowing concealed-carry on most Idaho college campuses (despite strong opposition from law enforcement agencies and university presidents) and Governor Otter really took a lot of heat sticking his neck out signing that bill into law.

Now this fucker comes along and makes the governor look like a fool.

I'm not saying there needs to be more rigorous training for CCW applicants, but it would be nice if people used a little more common sense.

Good grief.

1 Patriot-of-many
09-06-2014, 06:53 AM
And when is your next post on a carrier killing a bad guy? Oh WHAT? NEVER? Yeah I thought so. You've become way to obvious, you need another tact. throw in the good stuff more than once in 30 posts. You can fool new members more often

Richard Simmons
09-06-2014, 07:05 AM
Do not derail this thread. Stay on topic which is the guy with the ND.

LAGC
09-06-2014, 07:41 AM
And when is your next post on a carrier killing a bad guy? Oh WHAT? NEVER? Yeah I thought so. You've become way to obvious, you need another tact. throw in the good stuff more than once in 30 posts. You can fool new members more often

I actually rather like the idea of more people carrying on campus, even if I can't do so myself. Better chance of one of them distracting an active shooter, allowing me more time to beat feet out of there.

The problem isn't concealed-carry holders or guns on campus, just negligent jerk-offs who give them all a bad name.

TEN-32
09-06-2014, 08:36 AM
I'd lay odds the guy is anti gun and did this intentionally in order to try and advance an agenda. The moron probably didn't mean to shoot himself though...:lool:

NAPOTS
09-06-2014, 09:34 AM
you have to break several safety rules to have an ND that results in injury. Guns don't just go off so it is his fault fair and square.

LAGC
09-06-2014, 09:36 AM
I'd lay odds the guy is anti gun and did this intentionally in order to try and advance an agenda. The moron probably didn't mean to shoot himself though...:lool:

It would be interesting to look into his background, for sure, just in case... as I wouldn't put something like that past a hard-core anti.

But so far the university and police haven't even released his name. Makes you wonder what they are trying to hide? (Of course, he broke no law, just injured himself, so I guess he does still have some modicum of privacy.)

Maybe some of his students who witnessed the incident will come forward and shed more light on his views?

Oswald Bastable
09-07-2014, 12:22 AM

THIS ^^^^^^^

Krupski
09-07-2014, 12:25 AM

My same thought.