PDA

View Full Version : SAR-3 if sells, I am rich!

imanaknut
09-07-2014, 04:52 PM
Not my rifle, but it someone bites on the price, I might sell my toys... nah, no way.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=438071993

It is a very nice example of the SAR-3, but can the semi-constitutional ban drive the price to this?

The SAR series was banned by ATF as not meeting the sporting purpose clause of the new second amendment as imported.

Don't you love how they get away with infringing?

Sergi762
09-08-2014, 02:35 AM
Oh Kiss my @$$!! With a price like that you'd think you'd get more than 4 30 round mags( no telling of the Bulgy mags are already fitted to the gun). Only 2 Wiegers?? Bite me!

mrkalashnikov
09-08-2014, 05:40 AM
Lol @ $1200 SAR. I paid $375 + tax for mine back in 2002 but who knows anymore w/ the way things are today.

Schuetzenman
09-08-2014, 06:19 AM
I can beat that, I paid $245 for mine, still have it. Wish I'd of purchased about 4 of them. Most accurate AKM ever.

Krupski
09-08-2014, 11:02 AM
Not my rifle, but it someone bites on the price, I might sell my toys... nah, no way.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=438071993

It is a very nice example of the SAR-3, but can the semi-constitutional ban drive the price to this?

The SAR series was banned by ATF as not meeting the sporting purpose clause of the new second amendment as imported.

Don't you love how they get away with infringing?

The SAR series? Does that also mean the SAR-1?

Why TF did they ban it? It's a plain old semi-auto rifle.

Man I remember when you could buy an SAR-1 any day of the week for $300... I should have bought more (I only have one SAR-1... a really nice one (2001) with the original Romanian receiver ("Cugir" the one with the "Y" shaped stamp mark - but no hole - for the evil third pin). I've also got a Norinco, but the SAR-1 is my favorite AK. I wouldn't sell it for $1200. In fact, I wouldn't sell it for anything under probably $20,000 - that's how much I like it.

Oh and by the way, what is a "semi-constitutional ban"? I think banning ANY firearm type is unconstitutional 2A says nothing about the TYPE of firearm........

El Laton Caliente
09-08-2014, 11:38 AM
When I bought my SAR3, I bought three rifles from a pawn shop in Billings, MT. Picked up a milled MAK90, a VEPR .308 and a SAR3 for $1100... That would have been $366 a rifle... in 2005...

imanaknut
09-08-2014, 11:40 AM
"Semi-constitutional ban" comes from the constitution giving the government the ability to regulate commerce. ATF took that to mean regulate the importation of firearms.

The SAR series (1,2, and 3) were imported as 100% Romanian AKMs (remember, the Romanians used semi-auto only for training purposes). ATF decided that per the sporting purpose clause of the new ATF second amendment (the 1968 GCA) the rifles had to meet the sporting purpose as imported, and the SARs did not since they had 15 imported parts and had all evil features except that the muzzles were not threaded. It was only after importation that they were converted to conforming with the sporting purpose clause of the unconstitutional 1968 GCA. ATF ruled that that wasn't good enough.

Unfortunately Century never read the directive from ATF that allowed the SAR-2 and SAR-3 to be imported with the threaded front sight base as there were no manufacturers of flash hiders that used the 22mm thread. Too bad Century cut the threads off anyway even though they were allowed by the wonderful ATF.

WASR-10s continued to be allowed with 100% imported parts because they had USA specific receivers with the narrow mag wells that as imported could not use the standard AK/AKM mags.

Full Otto
09-16-2014, 07:31 PM
Came across this single stack today
http://www.gunauction.com/buy/13007501/guns-for-sale-commemoratives/romainian-made-nickle-plated-ak-47-single-stack-mag-762-by-39

You'd think he'd at least get the pictures in focus especially with all the bling
Wasn't sure to put it here or in your other thread about the gold one

imanaknut
09-16-2014, 07:57 PM
That's sick Otto! Almost as bad as that rare gold spray painted AK variant I posted not too long ago.