PDA

View Full Version : Another gun goes off In a Utah School

El Duce
09-12-2014, 04:32 AM
http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/teacher-hurt-when-gun-accidently-shatters-toilet

Schuetzenman
09-12-2014, 05:37 AM
She's a dumbass. She would have to of been handling the weapon IMO, I can't see how if she had in a CCW purse holster rig that it would just go off. Probably was taking a break and decided to take it out and fondle it.

LAGC
09-12-2014, 09:14 AM
Part of the problem, at least in that school district from what I read, is that they mandate that if you are going to carry on school grounds, the weapon must be kept on your person at ALL times -- no exceptions.

They really ought to allow teachers to secure their carry pieces into quick-access safes in the classroom for situations like when needing to use the restroom, so that shit like this never happens.

There are plenty of affordable solutions these days that safely store against curious students yet allow for quick access by a teacher in the case of an emergency like an active shooter situation.

But I guess these school administrators would rather such accidents keep happening, so as to rally more people up against classroom carry at all.

5.56NATO
09-12-2014, 10:22 AM
Wonder if it was a glock fotay, you know how they are in school.

Krupski
09-12-2014, 12:51 PM
Part of the problem, at least in that school district from what I read, is that they mandate that if you are going to carry on school grounds, the weapon must be kept on your person at ALL times -- no exceptions.

Handguns just don't "go off" by themselves. There is no reason to "safely lock up" a concealed carry weapon. WTF good is a handgun if it's locked up?

Ruskiegunlover
09-12-2014, 07:15 PM
Might be a malfunction. Also might be a single action, cocked and locked, that went off. We don't know, and as a fellow teacher who wishes I could carry in school, I won't cut her down.

I just don't see how carrying a gun COCKED and loaded is safe in any way shape or form.

FunkyPertwee
09-12-2014, 07:22 PM
Might be a malfunction. Also might be a single action, cocked and locked, that went off. We don't know, and as a fellow teacher who wishes I could carry in school, I won't cut her down.

I just don't see how carrying a gun COCKED and loaded is safe in any way shape or form.

People have been safely carrying 1911's for years. Its your responsibility to secure your gun in a safe holster.

I think teachers should be able to carry too, and this HURTS your chances of being able to do so. Her NEGLIGENT discharge gives all gun carriers a bad name.

Dan Morris
09-12-2014, 07:30 PM
The don't just 'go off' by themselves. There has got to be finger help somewhere! Just mio dos centavos. I've carried cocked n locked for 50+ years.
Dan

jet3534
09-12-2014, 07:32 PM
Probably the AD occurred while holstering the gun after performing a call of nature. For a man, I could see how a shirt-tail could fall into a holster and the engage the trigger of (for example) a Glock while holstering. Not sure how most women carry.

Ruskiegunlover
09-12-2014, 07:34 PM
You just have to SLOW DOWN, and be careful. Personally, I just wouldn't feel safe with a c & l single action. Just me.

Krupski
09-12-2014, 11:46 PM
The don't just 'go off' by themselves. There has got to be finger help somewhere! Just mio dos centavos. I've carried cocked n locked for 50+ years.
Dan

I usually carry my 1920 M1911. But I carry it chambered and hammer down. If I needed to use it, I would have to cock the hammer.

I don't trust "cocked-n-locked" (even though everyone's been doing it that way for over a century........)

1 Patriot-of-many
09-13-2014, 05:26 AM
Wonder if it was a glock fotay, you know how they are in school. Yeah only DEA guys are qualified to handle them...LOL

El Duce
09-13-2014, 06:01 AM
I usually carry my 1920 M1911. But I carry it chambered and hammer down. If I needed to use it, I would have to cock the hammer.

I don't trust "cocked-n-locked" (even though everyone's been doing it that way for over a century........)

I don't usually carry a 1911. But when I do. I don't feel comfortable cocked and locked.

jet3534
09-13-2014, 09:21 AM

IMHO dropping the hammer on a 1911 is not 100% safe. Regardless, trying to thumb cock a 1911 in a self defense situation seems like a bad idea.

FunkyPertwee
09-13-2014, 09:28 AM
IMHO dropping the hammer on a 1911 is not 100% safe. Regardless, trying to thumb cock a 1911 in a self defense situation seems like a bad idea.

Carrying a vintage, highly valuable collector's piece isn't what I would call smart either.

He's gonna cry if he ever has to use that thing and it gets all rusty up in a police locker afterwords.

rci2950
09-13-2014, 06:54 PM
i bet it was done on purpose so a lefty could prove a point.

Edit: I noticed she has a hyphenated name. most women i've met who have done that have extremely progressive tendencies.

So...