PDA

View Full Version : WOW Bill Maher actually gets Islam right!!!!!

1 Patriot-of-many
09-13-2014, 06:30 AM
Man is Charlie Rose a douchbag apologist or what? Sounds like a couple on here. http://conservativevideos.com/shocker-atheist-bill-maher-destroys-charlie-rose-comparing-islam-christianity/

LAGC
09-13-2014, 07:11 AM
Bill Maher has always been right about Islam.

(And other religions, too.)

:coffee:

was_peacemaker
09-14-2014, 04:43 AM

No actually he is very uneducated and terribly wrong about the Bible on many things.

LAGC
09-14-2014, 05:29 AM
No actually he is very uneducated and terribly wrong about the Bible on many things.

That's what's cool about the Bible (and every other Holy Book out there) -- three different people can read it, and come up with four completely different interpretations. ;)

How else can you explain so many different sects and off-shoots in almost every major religious tradition?

l921428x
09-14-2014, 06:12 AM
sort of like the constitution?

LAGC
09-14-2014, 07:17 AM
sort of like the constitution?

That would actually be pretty cool, if religious folks could all get together, hold a Consecrated Convention, and if 75% of them agree: ratify amendments and change entire scriptural verses.

"Can't eat shellfish?" Pfaw! There's an amendment for that! ;)

Richard Simmons
09-14-2014, 07:23 AM
I don't believe the OP's intent in posting this was to delve into changing the bible. Let's stay on topic or don't contribute.

ltorlo64
09-14-2014, 08:49 AM
I enjoyed how Maher kept coming back to the root argument and did not let Mr. Rose derail the discussion by bringing in things that really didn't apply. I do not like Mr. Maher's political views but I have found him to keep people on track. I remember watching him with discuss gun control with Michael Moore (and some others). Maher is a big proponent of gun control but he would not let Michael Moore misuse statistics or use statistics that had been proven to be false. Actually, given how he does this I am surprised at some of his beliefs.

Krupski
09-14-2014, 10:47 AM
Bill Maher has always been right about Islam.

Islam is not a religion. It hides behind the label for it's own benefit, but it's not a religion in the conventional sense.