PDA

View Full Version : Spanaway, WA - Gun owners claim deputy violated their rights

Gunreference1
10-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Gun owners claim deputy violated their rights

by TRICIA MANNING-SMITH / KING 5 News

Posted on October 2, 2010 at 6:03 PM
Updated today at 6:42 PM

SPANAWAY , Wash. - A group of gun owners claims local deputies violated their civil rights. They openly displayed a lot of firepower this morning at the Spanaway Starbucks to make a point.

"I have a 'Combat Commander.' Its a .45," said Lynn (who did not want to give her last name), who openly wears her firearm on her hip.

Eric Sandoval has a holstered Springfield Armory XD.40. The former military man says he grew up around guns.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.king5.com/news/Gun-Owners-Claim-Deputy-Violated-Their-Rights-104218483.html

Steve

btcave
10-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Good. Make it the societal norm. I want law enforcement comfortable seeing armed citizens. The game wardens see it all the time without blinking an eye, let's get the patrol officers used to it too.

aliceinchains
10-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Pierce County Sheriff's Department spokesman Ed Troyer responded to this incident by saying, "Guns make people nervous and when people have them, we're going to follow up and ask questions.

And guns make bad people behave.

btcave
10-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Heck, show the police your ID. Let the county and city departments get to know you. Be their friend. You want them to have your back. You might make some shooting friends in the process.

Now if they become harassing...

Don't just assume they will be harassing from the get go.

Play nice... until they prove to be dicks.

ltorlo64
10-02-2010, 11:13 PM
What gets me is people, in this case I will have to call them sheeple, are made nervous by a person lawfully carrying a firearm. They equate this to the person who carries the weapon illegally and hidden and pulls it out to kill unsuspecting police who are having coffee. They cannot see the obvious difference, but think that anyone having a gun is out to cause mayhem. The totally miss the point that the same gun in the hands of a law abiding citizen who is willing to use it will protect them from the mayhem the criminal intends to make.