PDA

View Full Version : Dayum checkit

l921428x
10-01-2014, 02:19 PM
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SPEEDY_CORVETTE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-10-01-14-32-07

I will keep my truck but that is HOT.

Krupski
10-01-2014, 02:53 PM
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SPEEDY_CORVETTE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-10-01-14-32-07

I will keep my truck but that is HOT.

Believe it or not, that car does nothing for me.

l921428x
10-01-2014, 03:19 PM
I understand. neither do a lot of girls, but fun to look at.

imanaknut
10-01-2014, 03:21 PM
I retired from GM and can get a fairly nice discount on their cars, but although the new Vette is an amazing driver, someone was high on something when they designed the body. Too many cutouts and vents, and that back end with sort of Camaro tail lights is just wrong. Granted GM doesn't seem to care about tradition, but Vettes have always had round tail lights with the exception of on version that were oval, but close enough to round to be ok.

Aggressive Perfector
10-01-2014, 04:01 PM
If the body is functional I can forgive its ugliness. I'm not a Corvette guy, but that is some impressive horsepower. I'd still rather have a '69 Stingray though.

Krupski
10-02-2014, 11:05 AM
I understand. neither do a lot of girls, but fun to look at.

HA HA! :flip-bird:

Krupski
10-02-2014, 11:06 AM
If the body is functional I can forgive its ugliness. I'm not a Corvette guy, but that is some impressive horsepower. I'd still rather have a '69 Stingray though.

I'm beyond the "hot car" phase of my life. All I want it a steel box with 4 wheels and a cup holder for my coffee.

If it runs and the heater works, it's fine by me.

JTHunter
10-03-2014, 11:14 PM
Meh - -.

Oswald Bastable
10-03-2014, 11:47 PM

If I really wanted a 'vette...it would be the '63 split window...

But I'd still take a '70 hemi 'Cuda or Challenger over that, any day...

Krupski
10-04-2014, 12:15 AM
If I really wanted a 'vette...it would be the '63 split window...

But I'd still take a '70 hemi 'Cuda or Challenger over that, any day...

A Mopar man! :thumbsup:

imanaknut
10-04-2014, 12:54 AM
From what I was told, form does follow function. Every slot has a purpose for airflow. It is a well done vehicle, but compared with the sleekness of something like a Ferrari 360, the Vette is over the top in aero features and flow control.

Still I would not turn one down if the price was right.

My only real problem is I live in an area where the uniformed civilian ratio to civilians is beyond reality. There is very little crime in my area, so most uniformed civilians spend their time hiding behind speed limit signs that are set more for revenue than safety. Not many places to truly enjoy a Corvette (of the Ferrari) and expect to remain a free person.

Oswald Bastable
10-04-2014, 01:33 AM
A Mopar man! :thumbsup:

Mopar, or no car...until the bailout...now Mopar is an italian company...sad that I have to say that, and the reason is because of our unGovernment...

I still want my '62 Savoy back...best car I ever loved...

jakebrake
10-04-2014, 07:55 AM
vettes have gotten fuglier every body style change since 1972.

now, you want to spend that kind of coin on a car, with that much computerized/extra fragile performance crap, built by a company that can't get the 3rd generation of a recalled axle to work?

car that fugly, guaranteed to be that much of a pile of moosecrap? not even at gunpoint.

l921428x
10-04-2014, 09:34 AM
From what I was told, form does follow function. Every slot has a purpose for airflow. It is a well done vehicle, but compared with the sleekness of something like a Ferrari 360, the Vette is over the top in aero features and flow control.

Still I would not turn one down if the price was right.

My only real problem is I live in an area where the uniformed civilian ratio to civilians is beyond reality. There is very little crime in my area, so most uniformed civilians spend their time hiding behind speed limit signs that are set more for revenue than safety. Not many places to truly enjoy a Corvette (of the Ferrari) and expect to remain a free person.

just for you baby. I know what you mean I have turned the stripes on interstate 20 into a solid line......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvV3nn_de2k