PDA

View Full Version : Not staying "logged in"

JTHunter
12-31-2014, 11:27 PM
Does anybody have any idea why, when I open a new window, I sometimes find the transition has not kept me logged in.
This doesn't happen often but it is annoying to have to re-login just because I open a link in a new window.

JTHunter
04-12-2015, 09:26 PM
It's STILL doing it!
I had two pages opened and logged in and went to open a third - - NUTZ!!
Went back to one of the pages that indicated I was logged in, clicked on my handle, and the page opened with that "First visit" BS!

What is wrong here?!? Why does this keep happening??

imanaknut
04-12-2015, 09:42 PM
did you check the box to keep yourself logged in?

If you don't see it in the normal log in window, try this- when you log in, if the keep yourself logged in box isn't visible (and for some reason it isn't always visible) enter a bad password intentionally. A new window will open not only letting you now that you entered a bad password, but that disappearing "keep me logged in" box will reappear. Check it, log in properly and you shouldn't have any problems

Except if you delete cookies. I manually delete cookies so that I don't delete the two main cookies from Gunsnet that store the password and keep you logged in when you leave and return, or open new windows.

JTHunter
04-15-2015, 10:34 PM
I also manually delete ALL cookies after I go off-line every night.

And I do check the box to "keep me logged in" as it isn't uncommon for me to have 3-4 different Gunsnet windows open at the same time.

imanaknut
04-16-2015, 12:07 PM
Next time you delete cookies, do not delete the two Gunsnet cookies and see if this helps. It is a pain but it keeps me logged in every time I open the browser or open a new Gunsnet tab or window.

I several times manually delete cookies so quickly that I will accidentally hit the Gunsnet ones, and have to relog in the next time and reclick the keep me logged in box.

JTHunter
04-17-2015, 09:47 PM
'nut - I was wrong. There is no box to check but that may be because I use IE-8 for the forums I frequent.
Leaving the cookies didn't make a difference. This "involuntary log-out" happens while I'm here! Right now, I have 3 windows open and a few minutes ago, I had 5 open. This screw-up happens when I'm already logged-in and open a new window. It comes up as if I haven't logged-in yet, despite as many as 3 other windows open. I refresh the main forum page and it defaults back to the black background with that "1st time" banner!

And I haven't deleted ANY cookies at that point!

imanaknut
04-17-2015, 10:11 PM
In the normal log in window, for some reason the box to keep you logged in does not show. I accidentally found it by mistyping my password, and the window that popped up to tell me I didn't know how to type did have the check box.

I have reported this to upper management but so far no joy.

If you still don't get the box after mistyping the password, send Gunsnetadmin an email at BartonekDragRacing@yahoo.com ,explain the issue and tell him that I told you to contact him as I can confirm the "keep me logged in" box AWOL on the standard opening screen.

JTHunter
04-19-2015, 09:00 PM
Hhmpf!
Sneaky bugger that I am, I may just take a "screenshot" and email that to them. Visual evidence - proof positive! :firedevil: