PDA

View Full Version : Nice

5.56NATO
01-09-2015, 03:32 PM
SWAT Team Demolishes Home To Arrest Man For DUI, Family Left Homeless
Danby, New York – A SWAT team in New York entirely demolished a family’s home last week in order to arrest a DUI suspect.

The aftermath of the raid looked more like the devastation caused by a tornado or earthquake, and the police have made no mention of the destruction in their reports.

During the standoff, the suspect shot and killed himself to avoid going to jail, but now his family is left homeless, and there is very little chance that the police who participated in the raid will help in any way.

According to The Ithaca Journal, 36-year-old David M. Cady Jr. had recently missed court dates relating to a DUI arrest, and a warrant was issued for his arrest. At around 7 p.m. on December 30th, police arrived at Cady’s house to serve a warrant, but he refused to leave his home because he was afraid of going to jail. Cady’s wife, Melissa, and their two son’s were also in the house at the time of the raid.

Police then pulled hundreds of officers from at least 18 different local police departments and staged a 3 day siege of the family’s home.
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/swat-team-demolishes-home-arrest-man-dui-family-left-homeless/#Yg0LqZirOQLQg2Lq.99

Apparently the guy reallllllly didn't want to go to jail for dui.

Aggressive Perfector
01-09-2015, 03:57 PM
I'm curious, did the police just want to play army to serve the warrant and arrest him, or did the guy actually start a stand off like a dumbass to bring this all on?

Aggressive Perfector
01-09-2015, 04:04 PM
The police have also said that they had to handle the situation the way they did because Cady was a gun owner.
Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/swat-team-demolishes-home-arrest-man-dui-family-left-homeless/#GKcCVRcQGyVL1r0V.99

I don't see anything stating that the guy threatened the police with force, but I'm familiar with the site and it's generally anti-police.

I'm just going off what I have here, but if the guy simply refused to come out and they decided to pull the house down "because Cady was a gun owner" (assuming he made no threats of violence) this makes for a very troubling story.

1 Patriot-of-many
01-10-2015, 06:34 AM
I still remember that one where the guy set his own stuff on fire in front of his house then holed up in it, bunch of rambos put thousands of rounds in and through the house, hitting their own cops, then tried to charge HIM with it. Yeah there is a such thing as excessive force. This one sure looks like it.

ltorlo64
01-10-2015, 08:23 AM
Here is some more information. Appears that early on the guy fired a shot at police and he was preventing his family from leaving. This is probably what got the SWAT response. Once the family was released the police started trying to force the guy out by using tear gas and they started inserting surveillance equipment to monitor the guy, hence the holes in the walls. This doesn't seem near as bad when you have more information.

http://www.ithacajournal.com/story/news/public-safety/2015/01/02/danby-hornbrook-road-standoff/21184927/

alismith
01-10-2015, 10:34 AM
Let's see if I have this straight:

DUI jail time (if any) = 3 months-2 years, tops.

Death = forever.

Smart guy....

5.56NATO
01-10-2015, 02:06 PM
Let's see if I have this straight:

DUI jail time (if any) = 3 months-2 years, tops.

Death = forever.

Smart guy....

And that is why I question the official story.