PDA

View Full Version : Texas Governor Pressures Mex Pres to Find American "Victim" in Alleged Pirate attack.

AKTexas
10-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Texas Governor Pressures Mexican President to Find American "Victim" in Alleged Pirate Attack

Published October 06, 2010 | FoxNews.com

David Michael Hartley, 30, of Colorado, was gunned down in Mexican waters on Thursday while his wife, Tiffany, dodged bullets and raced her Jet Ski back to American soil.
Texas Gov. Rick Perry said Wednesday he has asked Mexico's president to call him in the next 48 hours to say that the body of an American reportedly shot to death on a border lake has been recovered.

Tiffany Hartley of Milliken, Colo., says her husband, David, was shot by Mexican pirates on Falcon Lake last week as they were returning to the United States on Jet Skis. Falcon Lake is a dammed section of the Rio Grande that has been plagued by pirates who rob boaters and fishermen who wander into Mexican waters. Hartley's death would be the first killing on the lake.

Mexican authorities have since questioned Hartley's account, saying they've retrieved no evidence indicating that a crime was ever committed.

Perry, however, called any suggestion that the woman is lying "reprehensible."

"Anyone who is trying to deflect off of what this actually is ought to be ashamed of themselves," he said in an interview Wednesday with Fox News.

Wife of American Shot in Mexican Waters Recounts Ordeal
Search continues for Falcon Lake victim

The Hartley family has complained that Mexican authorities are not doing enough to find David Hartley's body. Tiffany Hartley has said that her husband was shot in the head by three men chasing them in speedboats and that he fell off his Jet Ski and into the lake. His body has not been recovered.

Perry said Mexico needs to use every resource available to find the body and have it returned to U.S. soil.

"I hope that if (Mexican President Felipe Calderon) calls me within the next 48 hours, that the body has been retrieved," Perry told the Associated Press.

Officials in Mexico's Tamaulipas state, where the shooting occurred, have cast doubt on Hartley's story, telling the McAllen Monitor that no one near the lake reported hearing gunshots or the sounds of a Jet Ski engine.

The district attorney there, Marco Antonio Guerrero Carrixales, also told the paper that authorities "are not certain that incident happened the way that they are telling us."

Perry said the couple was innocently sightseeing in Mexico when Hartley's husband was attacked.

"This is a tragedy," he said.

Perry used the incident to renew his demand that the federal government do more to secure the U.S.-Mexico border as northern Mexico sinks deeper into drug-gang violence. The violence has spread in the last few months from Ciudad Juarez, the epicenter of Mexico's drug war across from El Paso, Texas, to the Mexican side of the Rio Grande Valley, including Tamaulipas state where Hartley reportedly disappeared. Two drug gangs, the Gulf Cartel and the Zetas, are battling for supremacy there and fighting the Mexican military.

"I don't know how many more Americans have to lose their lives before the federal government steps in and sends the troops (to the border)," Perry said.

Perry also told the Associated Press that he spoke Tuesday to Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano's chief of staff and once again made his request for an additional 1,000 National Guard troops on the Texas-Mexico border, a request that has been repeatedly denied.

U.S. authorities are unable to investigate Hartley's disappearance because it happened in Mexico.

On Tuesday, Hartley's wife and mother, Pam Hartley, called on the Obama administration to intervene in the search.

Sad to say this,Obama is only going to apologize to the the Mexicans for not giving Mexico back Texas.

O.S.O.K.
10-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Goddam bastards. We need to go down there and shoot about 20 of their fucking people and then claim "no evidence of a crime".

gunsnetadmin
10-06-2010, 05:27 PM
I'm hoping she's not lying about the whole thing.

mriddick
10-06-2010, 05:38 PM
I heard there was a witness, atleast to her being chased by a boat.

As for the body, if the pirates did kill him I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't take/hide the body and stole the jet ski. Afterall if you're committing murder are you going to leave evidence just floating around. I'm surprised people think the pirates would do all this and then leave a jet ski and body just floating around waiting to lend evidence in a case against them.

gunsnetadmin
10-06-2010, 05:40 PM
all for a jet ski? I dunno...sounds fishy. Did you see on the map on how far down south they were?

Dan Morris
10-06-2010, 07:46 PM

The more I reread her comments, something just don't add up ........I'm getting a strange feeling that this is not a total story!!!! Hope I'm wrong...there are just a lot of holes.
Dan

Ronwicp
10-06-2010, 08:01 PM

First day I heard the story I said to my wife, she killed his ass and made the story up.

I will admit that I havent followed the story at all, so I dont know any of the developments or anything else about it.

Its just that women are evil so I assumed.

gunsnetadmin
10-06-2010, 09:13 PM
I agree.. it just doesnt make sense.. then again, they have been killing people, innocent civilians down there. Then again, why mess with two tourists? If the motive was to steal a jet ski, thats not a good one. Drug deal gone bad, maybe? I bet she's guilty of something.

Ruskiegunlover
10-06-2010, 09:23 PM
thats a really sad possibility. BUT, if a stranger witnessed a boat chasing her, then THAT lends something to her story........

I agree, something seems a bit off. We are not getting the whole story.

weevil
10-06-2010, 11:18 PM
Yeah I'm kinda leaning towards the "drug deal gone bad" scenario.

I mean come on taking a jet-ski trip on a notoriously dangerous lake plagued by pirates and I'm sure used by smugglers?

Oh I suppose it's possible they were simply naive and ignorant tourists but I have my doubts.

Cypher
10-07-2010, 08:45 AM
There may be more to it than we know, but one thing is for sure, her story is well within the realm of possibility.

I heard there was a witness, atleast to her being chased by a boat.

As for the body, if the pirates did kill him I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't take/hide the body and stole the jet ski. Afterall if you're committing murder are you going to leave evidence just floating around. I'm surprised people think the pirates would do all this and then leave a jet ski and body just floating around waiting to lend evidence in a case against them.

The drug cartels are pros at removing someones remains so they are never found.

all for a jet ski? I dunno...sounds fishy. Did you see on the map on how far down south they were?

Many people have been killed for a lot less than a Jetski, especially south of the boarder.

ubersoldate
10-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Something about her story sounds fishy to me.

I hope Im wrong, not like it would matter, Obongo X wont do anything, and neither will Mexico.

Wonder what the media would be doing if it was the other way around?

"mexican national was killed when crossing the border into the US this morning"

There would be a national investigation Im sure.

AKTexas
10-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Something about her story sounds fishy to me.

I hope Im wrong, not like it would matter, Obongo X wont do anything, and neither will Mexico.

Wonder what the media would be doing if it was the other way around?

"mexican national was killed when crossing the border into the US this morning"

There would be a national investigation Im sure.

If it were mexican national,there would be riots and nazi go home protest in the streets.

mriddick
10-07-2010, 10:46 AM
I think we send back on average 25-30 Mexican nationals killed or just died in the US every month. Truthfully I think it's a shame we do this at taxpayer expense as it is, maybe we should tell them they can keep the guys body and we'll start charging them for pickup and processing their dead.

MOP
10-07-2010, 06:27 PM
My bet is on a Drug Deal gone Bad.

El Duce
10-07-2010, 06:38 PM
My bet is on a Drug Deal gone Bad.

Or she killed him, and fabricated the story.

Dr. Gonzo GED
10-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Real, fake, we should still use it as an excuse to invade and turn the northernmost twenty miles of their border into a demilitarized zone.:thguns:

HDR
10-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Or she killed him, and fabricated the story.

Sheriff Martin Cuellar of Webb County said Thursday that authorities have information suggesting Hartley's story is credible. Hartley of Milliken, Colo., said her husband, David, was shot by Mexican pirates on the lake last week as they were returning to the United States on Jet Skis.
"Information has surfaced that we can't disclose at this time that she didn’t commit any kind of offense," Cuellar told reporters.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/07/mexican-authorities-say-search-american-tourist-began-week-alleged-pirate/?test=latestnews

It appears she is clean.