PDA

View Full Version : How about posting ammo results?

NewbieAKguy
07-18-2010, 04:32 AM
Basically doing our own T&E at the range, no matter how many or few rounds are shot. More specifically, when at the range for whatever reason keep a record of how whatever ammo you used with whichever gun used. That way we can get an idea how certain brands, types of bullet, etc. work in certain guns.

For example tell what results you've had with whatever brand ammo you run through your AR, AK, .22lr, etc. Details are always golden with all the different bullet weights and barrel twists out there.

I think this would be good idea, especially if we pool our results on self-dense rounds for pistol, rifle, and shotgun. I'm going to use the different kinds of HPs I have in .45acp in Old Grump's 1911 shoots, shooting supported and unsupported, and telling any malfunctions if they occur.

arcangel
10-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Ok, latest range trip, S&W M&P15T with TA01 Acog, 60 rounds XM855 LC headstamp 09. At 150 yrds the worst group was 4 Moa, and best was 1.7 Moa. No stopages or problems at all. 60 rounds Winchester M193, worst group about 4 Moa, best at 2 Moa. 5 rounds per group. Glock 19 with match threaded bbl. 66 rounds winchester white box 115gr 9mm, and Hornady Critical Defense 115gr PHP for further carry round testing. Glock performed how she always does w/ no stopages or problems. Also rifle was w/ bi-pod.

Next time I get the 308's out I'll test some match shit for you guys.

Penguin
10-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Well last time I went shooting I was shooting the Winchester white box 146 grain FMJ 7.62 out of my FAL. No problems with the ammo. No jams what so ever. I have also had good luck with the 115 grain Winchester White box in 9mm FMJ out of my sterling and the 230 grain FMJ 45ACP out of my 1911's.

For what little it is worth it is much easier to link the wolf 148 grain 7.62x54R FMJ that comes in the black boxes than the 174 grain Brown Bear FMJ. I don't really like the brown bear stuff all that much. To bad I bought a boat load of it because it was cheap and no corosive when I couldn't get the wolf.

arcangel
10-09-2010, 02:09 PM
In all the firearms I've owned Winchester White box was good to go. I like their product and a lot that I have is for various SHTF ammo. For 308 how ever I can never find the shit so I normally get American Eagle red box 150gr fmj and has ran well in my semi and bolt, although my semi loves to eat match 168 bthp or TAP I have had no problems with any of it. When I was pullin in the cash most of my shooting was 308 and 45. So I went ape shit with Match Hornady 308 and ran 500 rounds out of a Remington SPS with mk4 leupy, and DPMS LR308 AP4 with mk4 Leupy and got out to 700y as far as I could go on Grandma's property. Mostly 2 gallon gas cans that were beat up or old, the metal ones I figured that was decent enough for me. Learned a lot from all that and had good times with family. Lost my range cards when I moved. I had a small box with all the cals and diferent ammo types, for everything I own. Wish I could find them for you guys and post em.