PDA

View Full Version : Good for Papa Johns. Delivery Driver shoots thug in the face!

Cypher
01-16-2015, 09:50 AM
It's good to see they are not firing the employee after this and helping her deal with what happened. It's a good thing it wasn't a white male defending himself or this would be the next Trayvon Martin case.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/15/papa-john-pizza-stands-by-employee-who-shot-armed-robber-in-self-defense/?intcmp=latestnews

skorpion
01-16-2015, 11:02 AM
Props to Papa Johns backing their employee for doing what's right. Pizza Hut would have fired her in a heartbeat. If there was a Papa Johns near me they'd have a new regular customer.

ltorlo64
01-16-2015, 12:54 PM
I am glad they are not firing her but they still have a policy of disarmament of their employees, including their delivery drivers.

skorpion
01-16-2015, 01:03 PM
I am glad they are not firing her but they still have a policy of disarmament of their employees, including their delivery drivers.
Ah, that's disappointing.

chiak47
01-16-2015, 01:19 PM
Good shoot...!!!!

L1A1Rocker
01-16-2015, 01:45 PM

If they are doing what I'm hoping, then I think it's smart business. By having the policy, they are not setting themselves up for liability should a driver be in a bad shoot. But, by not enforcing the policy (wink, wink) their drivers are free to protect themselves. IF that is the case, I'm ok with it. And as a former business owner, I can understand it.

5.56NATO
01-16-2015, 03:08 PM
Pj's also has wacky wednesday where you can get extra large with anything and everything on it for like $11 or so. I'm glad they didn't fire the driver, if they had it would make me rethink my beloved wacky wednesdays.

Cypher
01-16-2015, 03:48 PM
If they are doing what I'm hoping, then I think it's smart business. By having the policy, they are not setting themselves up for liability should a driver be in a bad shoot. But, by not enforcing the policy (wink, wink) their drivers are free to protect themselves. IF that is the case, I'm ok with it. And as a former business owner, I can understand it.

That's exactly what I was thinking. When push comes to shove is when you know their true feelings on the subject. By stating its against company policy then no one can accuse them if one of their employees kills someone.

I still think they should not have it in their policy but supporting their employee is a big step IMO.

Schuetzenman
01-16-2015, 03:50 PM

Sounds possible or in this case because it was a female driver and there were two assailants they were smart enough to read the tea leaves on this. In other words they were smart enough to understand firing the driver would backfire on them big time and hurt sales.

l921428x
01-16-2015, 04:59 PM
I know we do not keep them in business but lets just say my wife and I are still satisfied customers

rci2950
01-16-2015, 05:49 PM
but what is the new role they are assigning her? Toilet scrubber? Or cigarette butt picker upper? Or are they actually being nice. Not just trying to look good?

Cypher
01-16-2015, 09:06 PM
I think it said she works in the restaurant instead of doing deliveries.

Something else to consider is this may have been a franchisee's decision if that location wasn't corporate owned.

blacksheep
01-17-2015, 05:22 PM
She needed a larger caliber, you send Obama's son to the morgue not the fricken hospital.

Turned his face into pizza will have to do I guess.

NAPOTS
01-17-2015, 06:29 PM
She needed a larger caliber, you send Obama's son to the morgue not the fricken hospital.

Turned his face into pizza will have to do I guess.

I agree she should have used something bigger as a head shot should be lethal but not always! I saw a deal on TV years ago about a guy that got shot under the eye with a .357 mag and it blew half of his head off. He survived and was only partially disabled by the injury.