PDA

View Full Version : canned goods - FDA mandate ?

printerman
10-06-2010, 04:50 PM
Keep cans for that day ? Well recent "rumors" (sorry no proof at this time) have the FDA putting into law pop top cans or pull tab cans . From what I've heard all U.S. made goods will need this type of canning by 2012. This is a major setback in time of shelf life for most cans. Bringing an ordinary can from 25 years to 3 or 4 years. Several friends throughout the country have indicated even off-brands have made the move. Buy now if canned is your supply choice. If you store for your pets move quickly cause I'm only seeing a few brands of off-brands left. Keep stocked and diversify. Rotating will be impossible.

Dr. Gonzo GED
10-06-2010, 07:18 PM
Cite this with credible evidence or STFU.

This is honestly one of the stupidest things I've seen you post, and that is quite an achievement in and of itself.

You really think nobody on this site has been in the canned food isle of a super market recently? Possibly today even?

Christ you are and idiot.

aliceinchains
10-06-2010, 07:28 PM
If you store for your pets move quickly cause I'm only seeing a few brands of off-brands left. Keep stocked and diversify. Rotating will be impossible.

Me and the wife feed our pets dry food. It is better for the teeth.

El Jefe
10-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Keep cans for that day ? Well recent "rumors" (sorry no proof at this time) have the FDA putting into law pop top cans or pull tab cans . From what I've heard all U.S. made goods will need this type of canning by 2012. This is a major setback in time of shelf life for most cans. Bringing an ordinary can from 25 years to 3 or 4 years. Several friends throughout the country have indicated even off-brands have made the move. Buy now if canned is your supply choice. If you store for your pets move quickly cause I'm only seeing a few brands of off-brands left. Keep stocked and diversify. Rotating will be impossible.

Dude, besides the fact that this whole notion is probably complete kook BS, I'm not going to be stocking 5 years worth of damned dog food! Shit, if the ballon does go up, the dog is probably going on the grill. :embarrassed:

O.S.O.K.
10-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Hmm, this is more of a K-Files post really... conspiracy shit.

I must live in another country as there are a butt load of "old fashioned" cans at my supermarket....

justinsaneok
10-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Dude, besides the fact that this whole notion is probably complete kook BS, I'm not going to be stocking 5 years worth of damned dog food! Shit, if the ballon does go up, the dog is probably going on the grill. :embarrassed:
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah ah ahah a ha ha ha ha thats f,ed up

El Jefe
10-07-2010, 08:09 AM
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah ah ahah a ha ha ha ha thats f,ed up

A man's gotta eat. :tongue:

printerman
10-07-2010, 08:18 AM
I don't know what area of the country most canning is done or if it's all over , but I do know a few things on what I'm seeing in my stores and what's going on in populist circles of decent patriotic folks who are humble enough to check for themselves and see the handwriting on the walls without badgering others and their attempts to engage meaningful conversation.

AKTexas
10-07-2010, 10:05 AM
God will you just go away?Meaningful conversation,does not include stupid whacko moonbat shit you constantly post.

Post about guns,post about women,but leave stupid at the door.

Bluntforce
10-07-2010, 10:21 AM
post about women,

GOD! NOOOOOO!!!

Not that, from HIM!!!

AKTexas
10-07-2010, 10:31 AM
GOD! NOOOOOO!!!

Not that, from HIM!!!

He will take it as a post about trannys which should get him banned.

Dr. Gonzo GED
10-07-2010, 11:06 AM
I don't know what area of the country most canning is done or if it's all over , but I do know a few things on what I'm seeing in my stores and what's going on in populist circles of decent patriotic folks who are humble enough to check for themselves and see the handwriting on the walls without badgering others and their attempts to engage meaningful conversation.
Where's that link asshole?

O.S.O.K.
10-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Canned goods packers are not making packaging decisions based on the survival preppers niche.

The trend in canned goods towards easy-open lids is purely a marketing strategy to gain market share.

Nothing more, nothing less.

HDR
10-07-2010, 06:52 PM

Pitts will bring down game or slow them up.. There are reasons our ancestors let dogs join their campfires; dogs have better uses than for eating..

Dr. Gonzo GED
10-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Pitts will bring down game or slow them up.. There are reasons our ancestors let dogs join their campfires; dogs have better uses than for eating..
Like sexy time?

HDR
10-07-2010, 07:00 PM
The trend in canned goods towards easy-open lids is purely a marketing strategy to gain market share.

Nothing more, nothing less.

A great comment; however don't limit it...

It always all about making money.. lol

Like sexy time?

Are you into that? I'm not and if I saw it; I 'd deal with it.

Are you trying to be the local shock jock?

Dr. Gonzo GED
10-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Are you trying to be the local shock jock?
Dude, it's a Printerman conspiracy thred, I'm treating it with the level of respect it deserves.

HDR
10-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Dude, it's a Printerman conspiracy thred, I'm treating it with the level of respect it deserves.

So what does that have to do with what I said to answer Jefferson?

If you want to fuck with printerman feel free; however others may not be interested in the bullshit.

That's usually defined as trolling; wouldn't you be prone to agree?

Dr. Gonzo GED
10-07-2010, 08:16 PM
So what does that have to do with what I said to answer Jefferson?

If you want to fuck with printerman feel free; however others may not be interested in the bullshit.

That's usually defined as trolling; wouldn't you be prone to agree?
Who pissed in your cheerios mate?

You know what you can go and do if you can't take a joke.

HDR
10-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Who pissed in your cheerios mate?

You know what you can go and do if you can't take a joke.

You did.

Dr. Gonzo GED
10-07-2010, 08:32 PM
You did.
Well, sorry I guess?

El Jefe
10-07-2010, 10:26 PM

Does this dog look like he's going to kill anything for the soup pot? No, I'm sure he's destined for the grill. :evil-bbq:

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9017/billsmustangandotherstu.jpg (http://img836.imageshack.us/i/billsmustangandotherstu.jpg/)

HDR
10-07-2010, 10:46 PM
Does this dog look like he's going to kill anything for the soup pot? No, I'm sure he's destined for the grill. :evil-bbq:

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9017/billsmustangandotherstu.jpg (http://img836.imageshack.us/i/billsmustangandotherstu.jpg/)

I ain't saying nothing... LOL

OTOH, its redeeming virtues are it can hear about 200 times better than us, makes for a fine guard while you sleep and for the nomadic shtf guerrillas it picks up on an ambush better than any human.

El Jefe
10-08-2010, 06:15 PM
I ain't saying nothing... LOL

OTOH, its redeeming virtues are it can hear about 200 times better than us, makes for a fine guard while you sleep and for the nomadic shtf guerrillas it picks up on an ambush better than any human.

He doesn't bark and is afraid of everything. He was menaced by a ground squirrel recently. He's a loving companion animal, but past that.....

HDR
10-08-2010, 08:13 PM
He doesn't bark and is afraid of everything. He was menaced by a ground squirrel recently. He's a loving companion animal, but past that.....

Don't know what to tell you. Dinks eat dogs; I'd rather eat deer or rabbit. lol

I've owned Dobermans and Pitts; all have been loving companions who viewed strangers with suspicion.. My kid said my dorgs get it from me.. lol. Here because of the wild critters I switched to Pitts.

gunnutz
10-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Damn straight! My pitt is the best dog I've ever owned.

El Jefe
10-08-2010, 11:18 PM
Don't know what to tell you. Dinks eat dogs; I'd rather eat deer or rabbit. lol

I've owned Dobermans and Pitts; all have been loving companions who viewed strangers with suspicion.. My kid said my dorgs get it from me.. lol. Here because of the wild critters I switched to Pitts.

This dor is actually my wifes, tho he spends more time with me because I take him with me out to the woods and such. My next dog is going to be a Presa Canario.

HDR
10-09-2010, 06:03 PM
This dor is actually my wifes, tho he spends more time with me because I take him with me out to the woods and such. My next dog is going to be a Presa Canario.

A Molosser mastiff same as other Molossers they are dominant types with "characteristics" which require a lot of work to control. Another Molosser mastiff is the Fila Brasileiro. As males easily hit 200 pounds Neapolitan Mastiffs are another load with fearless and extremely protective in their descriptions. They are intolerant of strangers in the home unless you really socialize them.

I had a 85-90 pound aggressive alpha Doberman. Although she loved and was loyal she was a load to handle around strangers. Easiest way to describe it was she was the guard and protection family animal so many want until they own one. She would stare at people with eyes that would creep them out.

In case you missed it I like dogs a lot.. lol

El Jefe
10-09-2010, 07:28 PM
A Molosser mastiff same as other Molossers they are dominant types with "characteristics" which require a lot of work to control. Another Molosser mastiff is the Fila Brasileiro. As males easily hit 200 pounds Neapolitan Mastiffs are another load with fearless and extremely protective in their descriptions. They are intolerant of strangers in the home unless you really socialize them.

I had a 85-90 pound aggressive alpha Doberman. Although she loved and was loyal she was a load to handle around strangers. Easiest way to describe it was she was the guard and protection family animal so many want until they own one. She would stare at people with eyes that would creep them out.

In case you missed it I like dogs a lot.. lol

Yes, the Presa requires training and a firm hand. I don't think I'll get one till we're in the country. I've talked with a kennel here in Missouri that raises Presa's and does a lot of dog training. I think it would be wise to get the animal trained and get ones self some instruction beyond that. These things would make a great companion if things got dicey.

HDR
10-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Jefferson,
You better socialize the dog certain breeds need it and if you don't you will regret it. When I was a kid, we bred and trained bird dogs so I grew up with them. If you pay attention you can spot the adult traits; avoid the highly aggressive ones.

Same as the Fila Brasileiro the Presa Canario is another dog that Americans really don't know that much about..

The Fila Brasileiro is not only a "dog of one owner only"; it is also a dog belonging to a small community, that is, to a family.
One characteristic is worth mentioning: The Fila hates strangers, and is inextricably integrated with its owners; a big, brave and even violent dog that often exhibits a “near-human” temperament.
http://www.canildosertao.com/33.html

eeek..

That was one of the standards of the breed. Breeders say it's been bred out of them.

Some critters need a full time safety; I had that job once and don't want it again, rog?

Damn straight! My pitt is the best dog I've ever owned.

Everyone that owns them will agree. People who get around a family Pitt soon change their tune about Pitts.

El Jefe
10-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Jefferson,
You better socialize the dog certain breeds need it and if you don't you will regret it. When I was a kid, we bred and trained bird dogs so I grew up with them. If you pay attention you can spot the adult traits; avoid the highly aggressive ones.

Same as the Fila Brasileiro the Presa Canario is another dog that Americans really don't know that much about..

eeek..

That was one of the standards of the breed. Breeders say it's been bred out of them.

Some critters need a full time safety; I had that job once and don't want it again, rog?

Everyone that owns them will agree. People who get around a family Pitt soon change their tune about Pitts.

Yes, I understand, I've read a bunch on them and I know a guy who has two. I've been around them some, yes they're no joke, no apartment dwellers dog and no dog for the meek of spirit. But that said, they're not demonic either. I've been around dogs my whole life, I'm a big boy, I don't casually enter into many things. But thanks for the concern.

You know, many people have the same concerns regarding Pitt Bulls, American Bulldogs, ect, ect....

raxar
10-16-2010, 08:25 PM
Why is this thread a sticky? Is it because it contains the only sincere apology in the history of gunsnet?

recon
10-17-2010, 09:34 PM
Why is this a sticky???????? You got to be kidding?

swampdragon
10-17-2010, 09:52 PM
Quite honestly, I don't even remember making this a sticky?

HDR
10-18-2010, 05:15 AM
Yes, I understand, I've read a bunch on them and I know a guy who has two. I've been around them some, yes they're no joke, no apartment dwellers dog and no dog for the meek of spirit. But that said, they're not demonic either. I've been around dogs my whole life, I'm a big boy, I don't casually enter into many things. But thanks for the concern.

After owning one that could convince people she was a demon from hell; it wasn't as much of a warning as it was a reminder of how much work they require.

You know, many people have the same concerns regarding Pitt Bulls, American Bulldogs, ect, ect....

True, however none of those have attacks strangers on sight in their breed standard.

JTHunter
10-23-2010, 11:14 PM
We have a discount grocer here in the St. Louis area called ALDI's. For the past several years, some of their soups have had these pull-tab cans. Last year, some of their vegetables were in those cans but have since switched back.

Mark Ducati
10-28-2010, 12:00 PM
For those who believe in the Christian prediction of the end times and the 7 year period of Tribulation where the Anti-Christ is allowed to reign freely...

This makes sense.

Without the mark of the beast, you won't be able to buy/sell/trade for goods...

Canned "goods" having a short shelf life... by going to this new pop type can lids, this would make it more difficult for someone to survive during the 7 year period by stocking canned foods before the mark of the beast is mandated.

recon
10-28-2010, 09:33 PM
This has turned out to be one strange thread!

swampdragon
10-28-2010, 10:34 PM
This has turned out to be one strange thread!

It's a sign of the End of Days.

Maybe I should re-sticky this!

lol...