PDA

View Full Version : NASA Scientist: Our Climate Numbers Are Misleading

Goodman
01-19-2015, 04:31 AM
Seems NASA neglected to mention that 2014 being listed as the hottest year ever has a caveat: the temperature increase indicated is 1/5 of the study's margin of error. More, scientist admits one has to take a longer view- says 15 years is not enough to evaluate climate numbers.
Shocking. Just shocking.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2915061/Nasa-climate-scientists-said-2014-warmest-year-record-38-sure-right.html

imanaknut
01-19-2015, 12:50 PM
I don't care what anybody says because according to the thermometer in my back yard, and the National Weather Service in Indianapolis, 2014 was one of the coldest years in the history of this state, with July setting records for cold. So glad that we are doing our best to keep down the overall temp of the globe. Oh yes, we are a COAL state so I can't imagine how cold it would have been if we weren't using that evil medium to produce electricity.

On the other hand, with NASA admitting that the latest "global" readings were within the margin of error, and then stating we need more than just a few years to evaluate, they risk having King Barack cut their funding further as everyone knows that according to The Great King Barack, we in the United States are the sole cause of global climate aberrations and that the bright light in the daytime sky has nothing to do with it.

ltorlo64
01-19-2015, 02:11 PM
Seems NASA neglected to mention that 2014 being listed as the hottest year ever has a caveat: the temperature increase indicated is 1/5 of the study's margin of error. More, scientist admits one has to take a longer view- says 15 years is not enough to evaluate climate numbers.
Shocking. Just shocking.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2915061/Nasa-climate-scientists-said-2014-warmest-year-record-38-sure-right.html

This might have some weight, as he is actually a climatologist, however, he is probably being swayed by money from those uneducated climate warming deniers.

01-19-2015, 02:28 PM
January 19, 2015 in Portland, Oregon. No snow, freezing rain, no real cold temps. We had one blast several weeks ago, but nothing other than that. From my perspective, warmer temperatures. It also seems like the seasons shift to later in the year now.

ltorlo64
01-19-2015, 02:32 PM
January 19, 2015 in Portland, Oregon. No snow, freezing rain, no real cold temps. We had one blast several weeks ago, but nothing other than that. From my perspective, warmer temperatures. It also seems like the seasons shift to later in the year now.

Here is DC last year was colder, more snow, with a milder summer than normal. Seems like things are averaging out. Though I would rather be in Portland! Well except for the wackos (not you!)

1 Patriot-of-many
01-19-2015, 03:58 PM
Last year in my region of the country it was colder longer than usual, so i have to give my religion to the ice age scientists in the 70's.

jakebrake
01-19-2015, 06:28 PM
last year, in my region, it was colder, than in Fairbanks, Alaska. it snowed more days than it didn't. the summer was not filled with 100 plus degree days.

I call bullshit on this. and, n.o.a.a. as well. I listen to the climate summaries for the previous day...and know it's pure crap.

NAPOTS
01-19-2015, 06:39 PM
The weather here varies year to year quite a bit and has since my dad was a kid. We get years that are colder and dryer than average in the winter, warmer and wetter, hotter and dryer in the summer or more mild in the summer. It just depends. My understanding is that it has a lot to do with what the ocean in doing that year. My main observation is that it is variable and one year can seem very different than the one before it.

deth502
01-19-2015, 08:02 PM
there were global periods of extremely hot temperatures and ice ages both long before humans even walked the earth. i suppose we managed to cause those too.

deth502
01-19-2015, 08:04 PM
i wonder if i could get away with reporting facts like that?

i just want to tell u guys, unicorns ARE REAL!! i know this for a fact!!

* i am 2% sure of this

Goodman
01-19-2015, 08:11 PM
i wonder if i could get away with reporting facts like that?

i just want to tell u guys, unicorns ARE REAL!! i know this for a fact!!

* i am 2% sure of this

I need to let you know that unicorns are extremely dangerous, and their numbers are rapidly increasing. I have statistical proof. BUT I have a newly developed unicorn repellent. It is guaranteed 98% effective.....I'm gonna get a law passed requiring everyone to buy some....it's for the children

Oswald Bastable
01-19-2015, 09:17 PM
I need to let you know that unicorns are extremely dangerous, and their numbers are rapidly increasing. I have statistical proof. BUT I have a newly developed unicorn repellent. It is guaranteed 98% effective.....I'm gonna get a law passed requiring everyone to buy some....it's for the children

On the plus side, unicorn farts will solve all our energy needs, and they don't cause ozone depletion.

alismith
01-19-2015, 10:02 PM
Unicorns taste a lot like chicken....

I'm an honorary member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) and unicorns taste good.

1 Patriot-of-many
01-21-2015, 04:22 AM
I need to let you know that unicorns are extremely dangerous, and their numbers are rapidly increasing. I have statistical proof. BUT I have a newly developed unicorn repellent. It is guaranteed 98% effective.....I'm gonna get a law passed requiring everyone to buy some....it's for the childrenMan, just remember who your friends are when you're a billionaire. The craps and Rino's will surely pass that one.

deth502
01-22-2015, 05:59 PM
you think nasa is good???, they aint shit compared to the university of chicago scientists.

they tell me that we are all going to die because it was the hottest decade EVAR!!!!!!! *in recorded history

this "recorded history" began in 1877, or just under 14 "decades" ago. given the estimated age of the earth at 4.54billion years, or 454,000,000 decades as it were, they are able to make an absolute determination based on only 0.0000000031% of the information.

skorpion
01-23-2015, 08:24 AM
there were global periods of extremely hot temperatures and ice ages both long before humans even walked the earth. i suppose we managed to cause those too.Didn't you hear? According to our resident Physical Geographer and Climatologist in training, evil conservative gnomes built a time-traveling DeLorean and sent man-made Globull Warming into the past (the DeLorean had a giant balloon attached to it that was filled with polluted air from China). This caused Globull Warming millions of years ago and was the driving factor behind the extinction of the dinosaurs.